Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 1:23pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack

As for KK's qualifications- well ok dude's a ninja (and if a tanto slides across my throat in the middle of the night, I'VE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT MYSELF:ninja7: )- but lets face it he seen the training and been to the school
    Iga Ryu Ninpo (Gyokko Ryu/Koto Ryu)
    Nihon Ko Ryu Jujutsu (Takagi Yoshin Ryu/Asayama Ichiden Ryu)
    Brazilian JiuJitsu

Also I trained with Washin Ryu, and have was exposed to it for 4 years. I have and continue to spar with their students on the SUNY Campus. They suck.
    :pancakebu

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 1:32pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A friendly aside from me I assure you, yo all good- just fucking with you! It really will be my own fault tho....

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 1:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    A friendly aside from me I assure you, yo all good- just fucking with you! It really will be my own fault tho....

I thought, it was funny. Not as funny as n00b boy taking my insults personally. That is hilarious

N00b: "Hidy Ochiai taught me be a better englighted person"
    KK: "**** Fucky Ochiai and that shitty Shotokan rip off system"
    N00b: "WHHHHHHHHAAAAA, you aren't seeing my awesomeness, so I am leaving"
    KK: "Don't forget to kill yourself"

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:21pm

Style: Washin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did not say he made me a better person that could take insults to me and my teacher calmly. I said my training has improved my life in many ways. But thank you for pointing out to me that I sank to his level. I still need to work on being able to not react to stuff like that. Who said I gave up??

I would like to see KK actually study under Master Ochiai for a year and still say he is bullshido. He has never actually studied at the hombu dojo in Vestal.
    I am 44 years old, a Sandan and a branch instructor myself, but I am not anywhere close to Hidy Ochiai's skill level. He is at the top of his field after 60 years of practice. He still teaches every class.

KK said that the black belt was weak. I was not agreeing with him, but stated it was his opinion.

Steve

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    I thought, it was funny. Not as funny as n00b boy taking my insults personally. That is hilarious

N00b: "Hidy Ochiai taught me be a better englighted person"
    KK: "**** Fucky Ochiai and that shitty Shotokan rip off system"
    N00b: "WHHHHHHHHAAAAA, you aren't seeing my awesomeness, so I am leaving"
    KK: "Don't forget to kill yourself"

I never said I was enlightened(please note correct spelling) and I never said I was awesome and I never said I was leaving!! I was just not planning to hold a discussion with you if all you were going to say was "f**k you" and "go kill yourself" If you want to have a real discussion/argument, I am still here.

Steve

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveni

I would like to see KK actually study under Master Ochiai for a year and still say he is bullshido.
    Sorry, no. I seen Ochiai "perform". BULLSHIDO!!! I already wasted time with that shitty system, I don't need to waste any more.

He has never actually studied at the hombu dojo in Vestal.
    I am 44 years old, a Sandan and a branch instructor myself, but I am not anywhere close to Hidy Ochiai's skill level. He is at the top of his field after 60 years of practice. He still teaches every class.
    You have my pity.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 11:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where and what did you see him perform?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 11:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where and what did you see him perform?

Somphore Year, so it was either Fall 2001 or Spring 2002. Some MA demo thing on Campus that Washin Ryu was a part of.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 11:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And he does not impress you at all?

This is from YOUR home page. You don't believe that studying under Hidy Ochiai would fufill the reasons listed to study martial arts?

Why learn Classical Japanese Martial Arts?

Today, the martial arts are practiced for many reasons including health and fitness, law enforcement, spiritual benefits, stress reduction as well as for self-defense. Parents get their children involved to develop discipline, confidence, focus, and fun. And in a world of slick packaging and empty promises, many people are beginning to look for something traditional, something real, and something that will allow them to grow in meaningful ways. The Classical Japanese Martial Arts uniquely fulfill these needs.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:34am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He teaches personal and character development.
    What, I was meant to infer something other than "Master Ochiai's training makes you a better person" from this statement? um, ok.

I cannot hold a reasonable discussion with someone like that and no matter what I say he will not change his mind about Master Ochiai, even though he has never met him. So I will simply ignore that from now on.
    This seems to say "I'm giving up". So who said you were giving up. Looks like you did. Also you haven't done the one thing you could to change KK's mind instantly- posting evidence of applied Washin Ryu working effectively against another style. I note you have not, however, ran away from discussion with him. Well done.

Talking about being judgemental, judging Master Ochiai by a couple of brown belts and one weak black belt(in his opinion) does not seem fair to me.
    My mistake perhaps. I took it from this that Master Ochiai thought the BB in question was weak, which seemed to be the sense of the sentence to me.

Why learn Classical Japanese Martial Arts?
    And in a world of slick packaging and empty promises, many people are beginning to look for something traditional, something real, and something that will allow them to grow in meaningful ways. The Classical Japanese Martial Arts uniquely fulfill these needs.
    Nihon Ko Ryu Jujutsu- seems traditional enough to me, more traditional in fact than karate. Karate is relatively modern (esp. by comparsion), Gichin systemising the two separate Okinawan styles Shorin and Shorei with extremely limited influences of traditional jujutsu.
    Perhaps preaching to the choir at this point as well. The debate currently questions the historical progression of Ochiai, the effectiveness of Washin Ryu and the differences between and Shotokan if any. Don't attempt to deflect questions you can't (or perhaps just won't) answer.
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast