232280 Bullies, 4045 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 291 to 300 of 322
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 313233 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. redrxmb is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    11/11/2008 5:31am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    This is a fallacy.

    Let's see, unless college has changed, there are multiple physical education classes you can take for credit.

    So, you are taking it for self defense not exercise.
    Good point. I initally took the class because it seemed like an interesting choice, and it still is. I'm not going to be dropping it if I actually enjoy doing it.
      #291
  2. redrxmb is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    11/11/2008 5:36am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    There is no difference. He took Shotokan forms and modified some of them them slightly and called it Washin Ryu.

    I think this is pretty much what this thread is about.
      #292
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,093

    Posted On:
    11/11/2008 8:55am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by redrxmb
    Good point. I initally took the class because it seemed like an interesting choice, and it still is. I'm not going to be dropping it if I actually enjoy doing it.
    This thread started before you joined the website. No one told you to quit. People that had experience or trained in this art said it was garbage.

    What you do with the information is up to you.
      #293
  4. sempaiman is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,454

    Posted On:
    11/11/2008 9:06am


     Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by redrxmb

    Nope, not BU. How long have you trained with Washin Ryu? Just curious.


    damn :(
    How about BCC? I did Washin Ryu on and off for about 4 years.....
      #294
  5. svt2026 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Carol Stream, IL
    Posts
    180

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 10:02am


     Style: hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    Didn't you say Washin Ryu makes you a better person?
    Thred owned with this statment. Washin Ryu has NOTHING.
      #295
  6. sempaiman is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,454

    Posted On:
    11/14/2008 1:26pm


     Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by svt2026
    Thred owned with this statment. Washin Ryu has NOTHING.
    Tell that two the hundreds of Hidy worshippers......
      #296
  7. hbomb is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    11/30/2008 11:25pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ATTENDED ONE OF HIDY OCHIAI'S SCHOOLS IN PA AND ATTENDED SEVERAL TOURNAMENTS IN UPSTATE NY AT A YOUNG AGE.WHILE I APPRECIATED BEING RECOGNIZED FOR SCREAMING AT THE END OF A PUNCH/KICK DURING A KATA.IN REALITY THIS SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS IN REAL LIFE[SPORT OR STREET] ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN
      #297
  8. sempaiman is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,454

    Posted On:
    12/01/2008 8:59am


     Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hbomb
    I ATTENDED ONE OF HIDY OCHIAI'S SCHOOLS IN PA AND ATTENDED SEVERAL TOURNAMENTS IN UPSTATE NY AT A YOUNG AGE.WHILE I APPRECIATED BEING RECOGNIZED FOR SCREAMING AT THE END OF A PUNCH/KICK DURING A KATA.IN REALITY THIS SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS IN REAL LIFE[SPORT OR STREET] ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN

    You got it. It is so structured, that they got a bunch full of numbered (and named) self-defense techniques...last count was about 60 or so....
      #298
  9. viper142006 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1

    Posted On:
    2/06/2009 3:00am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Washin-ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    ???

    Well all i have to say is i have been training with master Ochiai personly for a quite a wile now and the is nothing bs about this style and or his backround i have obtained my 3 degree black belt and my katas that i have to do resemble nothig i have ever seen in any compatition but yes i will give you that the lower rank katas are quite similar to other styles and with traning with senci is not easy even at the age he is at now he is one of the best
      #299
  10. sempaiman is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,454

    Posted On:
    2/06/2009 9:01am


     Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by viper142006
    Well all i have to say is i have been training with master Ochiai personly for a quite a wile now and the is nothing bs about this style and or his backround i have obtained my 3 degree black belt and my katas that i have to do resemble nothig i have ever seen in any compatition but yes i will give you that the lower rank katas are quite similar to other styles and with traning with senci is not easy even at the age he is at now he is one of the best
    Thats because they are WUKO katas...he does not teach Shotokan katas to brown belts and up....so much for traditional karate.
      #300

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.