Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 5:46pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveni
    Hi, while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they should not blatantly insult a style. I have been a student of Master Ochiai for 12 years and I can assure you it is not crap, but has improved my life in so many ways. Please don't draw a conclusion of Washin Ryu based on attending classes taught by one of his students at a University. You should study directly under Master Ochiai before drawing a conclusion about Washin Ryu. I have never seen Master Ochiai kick out anyone's leg for not doing a good front stance and I am sure that Master Ochiai would kick out any so called branch instructor or club instructor that would do that.
    How long ago did that happen? I think I know who the instructor is and he does not attend class at Headquarters very often to stay in tune with Master Ochiai's teaching and current methods and has probably strayed far from it.

Steve

Its crap. The student's teachnique is sloppy. They are arrogant, with no real skill. So **** you, and **** Hidy Ochai.

As for the Brown Belt. He just one of the 2 Fat Brown Belts under a shitty Black Belt students called the punisher cause she was a real bitch. She teaches/taught at SUNY Binghamton. This happened in Fall 2001.

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 5:49pm

Style: Washin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hidy Ochiai's Training

1. The name Washin ryu means the style in harmony with the truth. Master Ochiai explained one day that meant that he is true to the traditional forms of the kata and he does not change them. He does not make up any katas!

2. If you did some research, you will see that he does a tremendous amount of charity work for the community! He is extremely generous with his time and money for the benefit of others. He does not run his school to get rich!

3. Master Ochiai teaches more than just kicking and punching. He teaches personal and character l development.

4. His training was very harsh and between him and his teacher. He trained harder than anyone else in the temple. That is why he is so good and was the reigning kata champion for 5 years in a row.
    But he chooses not to talk about specifics of his training.

5. He left in 1962 after 17 years of continuous hard training. When other students were given one day off a year, he still trained! Even though he was one of the youngest students, his teacher selected him as his successor. He was, and still is, that good.

Steve

I didn't see any discussion on katas that were exclusively made up by him. He now runs several schools and does a lot for the community in general.
    So here is what is suspect about the history:

B) Doesn't talk about his training in the temple on the grounds that it is sacred. - This tends to throw up a red flag in my book. For most Japanese, History and lineage is very important and very documented. For him not to discuss his training and details is very rare.

C) He left the temple in '62. He doesn't discuss how long he was training there. There is a 40 year gap between the time Shotokan was first introduced until he left the temple.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4. His training was very harsh and between him and his teacher. He trained harder than anyone else in the temple. That is why he is so good and was the reigning kata champion for 5 years in a row.
    But he chooses not to talk about specifics of his training.

What Temple?

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 6:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hidy Ochiai

What is your problem? There is no need to resort to profanity, especially about a teacher that you never studied under and towards me who you do not know. I am not sure which female black belt taught at SUNY. If you know her name, can you give me her initials? She may no longer be a student if Master Ochiai found out what she was doing. If you are still a martial arts student, you should know the principle of respect and be able to have a polite discussion no matter what has happened in the past.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Its crap. The student's teachnique is sloppy. They are arrogant, with no real skill. So **** you, and **** Hidy Ochai.

As for the Brown Belt. He just one of the 2 Fat Brown Belts under a shitty Black Belt students called the punisher cause she was a real bitch. She teaches/taught at SUNY Binghamton. This happened in Fall 2001.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 6:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is your problem? There is no need to resort to profanity, especially about a teacher that you never studied under and towards me who you do not know. I am not sure which female black belt taught at SUNY. If you know her name, can you give me her initials? She may no longer be a student if Master Ochiai found out what she was doing. If you are still a martial arts student, you should know the principle of respect and be able to have a polite discussion no matter what has happened in the past.

Steve
    **** you.
    Last edited by Plasma; 4/01/2006 6:33pm at .

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 8:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How old are you???

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 9:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok N00b play time is over. You suck, your style sucks. You study under a man you has some Shotokan training and lied about training in a Temple. A Magical Temple that can't be verified.

Have fun thinking your deadly in the mean streets of Upstate New York.

For you I recommend killing yourself :seppuku:

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 9:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kata Champion ? 5 times ?

Wow that is something right there .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 11:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you very much for showing everybody how young, disrepectful and immature that you are and that your opinion is absolutely worthless.

Have a nice life.

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 11:11pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they should not blatantly insult a style. I have been a student of Master Ochiai for 12 years and I can assure you it is not crap, but has improved my life in so many ways.
    Well gee ain't that nice its really improved your life. Sorry pal it should be all about learning to fight well, and then fight better. Hence the "martial" yeah. If you study a martial art to somehow mystically improve your life you have the wrong end of the stick. In fact your life is probably beyond repair. Personally, my "development" and the improving of my life happen outside the dojo as a consequence of my decisions that are informed by my own free thinking- not what some temple dude told me.

Please don't draw a conclusion of Washin Ryu based on attending classes taught by one of his students at a University. You should study directly under Master Ochiai before drawing a conclusion about Washin Ryu.
    How long ago did that happen? I think I know who the instructor is and he does not attend class at Headquarters very often to stay in tune with Master Ochiai's teaching and current methods and has probably strayed far from it.
    A teacher's ability is reflected in their students. Further the only two problems I can see with fat brown belt guy kicking a bad stance/student into shape, was it was on a complete noob- if only in their dojo- and the fact his fat ass prolly couldn't keep a solid stance if his dinner depended on it.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast