Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcie
    Here is some video footage of this years washin ryu tournament. Take a look at the standard and judge for yourselves.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/563220769veRLdO
    SNAP!! I so want to get a vest like those judges have...
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 1:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    double post?
    Last edited by redrxmb; 11/09/2008 1:46pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 1:41pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by redrxmb
    Thanks for the link but most of the pics and vids seem to center around a slightly overweight purple belt with poor and sloppy technique in both katas and sparring. Overall it was pretty pathetic and I am still unimpressed even as a Washin Ryu novice.
    Do I need to dissect the irony in this statement or, do you see the problem yourself.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 1:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog
    All you have done is post in this thread. So until there is proof otherwise, you registered just to post a nonsense response to necro a thread. From one nOOb to another nOOb, I suggest introduce yourself in newbitown and not post much in YMAS until you understand how this site works. Either that or buy some good flame resistant clothing and health insurance.
    I don't have to prove anything to anyone especially an offensive noob. The useful information I mentioned were mostly hidden links in the stickies that are only accessible to registered users. Therefore I registered to view those and consequently was also able to post in the thread which led me to this site in the first place. :lurk:

Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    If you are taking class at BU, then you must be taking class from Dale Iannone. He is probably Ochiai's best instructor. As far as headquaters goes, it has a culture of it's own. Those who stay for any length of time buy into it. It's all about Ochiai worshipping. The focus is all about point sparring and students don't usually do well in open tournaments. As far as learning self-defense, the curriculum is worthless....
    Nope, not BU. How long have you trained with Washin Ryu? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    OMG, this is freaking awfull. All they do is skip in and throw reverse punch and anything within 6 inches is called...

Quote Originally Posted by hpcie
    Here is some video footage of this years washin ryu tournament. Take a look at the standard and judge for yourselves.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/563220769veRLdO
    Thanks for the link but most of the pics and vids seem to center around a slightly overweight purple belt with poor and sloppy technique in both katas and sparring. Overall it was pretty pathetic and I am still unimpressed even as a Washin Ryu novice.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    :llorar:
    You realize, you just did what you complained about right?
    You added nothing constructive and made a few stupid comments.
    damn :(

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 2:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Do I need to dissect the irony in this statement or, do you see the problem yourself.
    No dissection necessary here :biggrin:
    Although I am not quite satisfied with Washin Ryu, I continue my training to fufill my college credit. I am still undecided whether or not I should continue training with it after then. So far, instead of scrutinizing how effective the self defense techniques are that I am taught, I rather focus on how my overall strength and flexibility improve.
    Overall I'm just saying that training shitty martial arts is still better than none at all.

:karated:

Also, anyone care to explain in detail the difference in Shotokan and Washin Ryu?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 2:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Overall I'm just saying that training shitty martial arts is still better than none at all.
    This is a fallacy.

Let's see, unless college has changed, there are multiple physical education classes you can take for credit.

So, you are taking it for self defense not exercise.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have to prove anything to anyone especially an offensive noob. The useful information I mentioned were mostly hidden links in the stickies that are only accessible to registered users. Therefore I registered to view those and consequently was also able to post in the thread which led me to this site in the first place.
    I wasn't asking you to "prove" anything to anyone. I asked for proof that you did not register just to post a stupid comment in an old thread. I have proof now. You posted a comment in one other thread, so I have my proof. Also I am not offensive. I am one of the nicer members on this site. I offered advice to you to learn more about this site before posting because one thing that upsets members is people necroing threads to post nonsense statements. Your original post was that.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 6:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108

People assume arts are static. They are not.
    Hopefully they aren't static. Some, if not most Kyokushin became rigid-fied after Sosai died. And of course the local wc never, never betrays their wonderful lineage. The local Chung Do Kwan TKD taught by military type, has had Korean bbs students from the university doing exactly the same forms and everything. It looks pretty 'stable.'

So was ol' Hidy any good?
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 11/09/2008 7:01pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 9:04am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, anyone care to explain in detail the difference in Shotokan and Washin Ryu?
    There is no difference. He took Shotokan forms and modified some of them them slightly and called it Washin Ryu.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 5:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog
    I wasn't asking you to "prove" anything to anyone. I asked for proof that you did not register just to post a stupid comment in an old thread. I have proof now. You posted a comment in one other thread, so I have my proof. Also I am not offensive. I am one of the nicer members on this site. I offered advice to you to learn more about this site before posting because one thing that upsets members is people necroing threads to post nonsense statements. Your original post was that.
    Even if I was just a trolling noob that necroed threads with stupid comments without the intention of returning; why bother commenting/responding to it? :dunno:
    Thanks anyway for the suggested introduction. :icon_thum