Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29303132 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 9:20am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by redrxmb
    I can't believe I wasted my time reading this entire thread.
    Overall, I learned nothing. [/fail].

If you spent the time to read the whole thread, are you his current or former student?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    Fist of all, there are no rules in a real fight (parking lot,street, etc). But Washin-Ryu's no-contact timing sparring doesn't prepare you for anything.
    On the street, a decent ma uses as little as possible. As Master Kan put it, "Avoid, rather than check. Check, rather than hurt. Hurt, rather than maim. Maim, rather than kill. For all life is precious, nor can any be replaced."

Then Caine said, "Is it good to seek the past, Master Po? Does it not rob the present?"
    And Master Po said, "If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past."
    And then Caine said, "I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions."

And the question is, "How come you fuckers aren't jumping on Fug's wagon in the BBC new campaign to wipe out shitty schools?"
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    11/02/2008 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, Ochiai thinks of himself as Master Po, leading his blindly gullable students....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 12:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    If you spent the time to read the whole thread, are you his current or former student?
    Good question. As for Hidy Ochiai, I have never met or seen him personally. I'm just a student taking a karate class for college credit and was interested in learning more about Washin Ryu. This thread was one of the top choices of a simple search therefore I was misled that I might find something useful or interesting here. Overall, all I found in this thread was 22 pages of stupid comments back and forth with few if any actually being constructive toward anything.

And no I didnt register just to post in this thread. This site actually has some other helpful information that I thought was worth checking out.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 12:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    double post.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All you have done is post in this thread. So until there is proof otherwise, you registered just to post a nonsense response to necro a thread. From one nOOb to another nOOb, I suggest introduce yourself in newbitown and not post much in YMAS until you understand how this site works. Either that or buy some good flame resistant clothing and health insurance.

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 1:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good question. As for Hidy Ochiai, I have never met or seen him personally. I'm just a student taking a karate class for college credit and was interested in learning more about Washin Ryu. This thread was one of the top choices of a simple search therefore I was misled that I might find something useful or interesting here. Overall, all I found in this thread was 22 pages of stupid comments back and forth with few if any actually being constructive toward anything.

And no I didnt register just to post in this thread. This site actually has some other helpful information that I thought was worth checking out.

If you are taking class at BU, then you must be taking class from Dale Iannone. He is probably Ochiai's best instructor. As far as headquaters goes, it has a culture of it's own. Those who stay for any length of time buy into it. It's all about Ochiai worshipping. The focus is all about point sparring and students don't usually do well in open tournaments. As far as learning self-defense, the curriculum is worthless....

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/04/2008 1:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :llorar:
    You realize, you just did what you complained about right?

You added nothing constructive and made a few stupid comments.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 9:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is some video footage of this years washin ryu tournament. Take a look at the standard and judge for yourselves.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/563220769veRLdO

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcie
    Here is some video footage of this years washin ryu tournament. Take a look at the standard and judge for yourselves.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/563220769veRLdO

OMG, this is freaking awfull. All they do is skip in and throw reverse punch and anything within 6 inches is called...
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29303132 ... LastLast