Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152122232425 26272829 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 9:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotakan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey ...Illusion, it is their money. You know the old saying, "a fool and his money are soon parted". Well Ochiai will part them from their money not to worry about that! He is a piece of work. Why don't you ask the "Professors" at SUNY what they think about Ochiai embellishing his credentials! For anyone who publishes this is a real faux pax to lie about your academic accomplishments. Or do they not care about this guy and his relationship to their school?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2006 10:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Binghamton university is a great school, but things get through the cracks. Ivy league of the SUNY system is just that - a platform for richer kids and people wanting their money to get what they want.

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 8:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, I am a noobie. Can I jump in on this discussion?

Posted On:
    10/09/2006 9:57pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, if you don't post under your second account which we're going to delete shortly.

This thread is in volation of section rules so I'm transfering it to YMAS. You can slag each other there.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2006 7:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ?
    whatever

Posted On:
    12/14/2006 4:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Washin-ryu Karate-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownLineage
    Does anyone know the real history of Hidy Ochiai and his "karate" style, Washin-ryu? I have been there for a number of years and the stories just don't make sense to me anymore.

Can anybody clarify? Does he really have a traditional karate background? Or maybe Judo? I heard that he started in Judo and then made up some kata for karate competition and then learned shotokan from Mikami before launching a more traditional focus. However, this is all closely guarded from his students and noone seems to know more than the "party line."

I am getting tired of being seen with skeptical eyes every time I tell the version I learned to authentic karateka...

Please help...

I have started my training with Hidy Ochiai himself. I'm not sure if you are in another branch of his.
    He has a brief history of himself on his web site http://www.hidyochiai.org/
    I hope that helps. I've learned so much from him already and I've only been there for 2 months.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 9:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise
    I have started my training with Hidy Ochiai himself. I'm not sure if you are in another branch of his.
    I hope that helps. I've learned so much from him already and I've only been there for 2 months.

Ochai has been verfied as bullshido over and over again. I have verified it in PERSON. Sorry, your getting screwed,

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 10:43am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask him about his rank. It is never mentioned in any of his web sites or books. He claimed he was 4th dan when he cam to US. Then who promoted him to rank(?) he is now. He says kis tyle is 400 years old, yet I saw some flyers around town passed out by his students calling him Soke. He mentioned the Temple story for years, yet when one student was going to Japan for work and asked location of temple, it had mysteriously burned down. He is a good technitian and a good businessman. Do you guys still do "Timing Sparring".

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 9:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    Ask him about his rank. It is never mentioned in any of his web sites or books. He claimed he was 4th dan when he cam to US. Then who promoted him to rank(?) he is now. He says kis tyle is 400 years old, yet I saw some flyers around town passed out by his students calling him Soke. He mentioned the Temple story for years, yet when one student was going to Japan for work and asked location of temple, it had mysteriously burned down. He is a good technitian and a good businessman. Do you guys still do "Timing Sparring".

I can quote his "leading student" Mr. Bowen on telling the Binghamton Washin Ryu Club (with me there) how he magically few up ranks when meeting business people, and he did not even know it, and for some reason he magically few up ranks.

NO NO NO! Hidy INVENTED WASHIN RYU --- DUH! Thats the story.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 11:15pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I fucking hate you. I wish you'd kill yourself for being so stupid to study with Fucky Ochiai.
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152122232425 26272829 ... LastLast