Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 8:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But arent you on here to find Washin Ryu information? youve been begging for it for the entire arguement......... im giving you the most solid thing other then Hidy Ochai himself (if hes not lying, which we feel he is), a reference chart for the syllabus made by their head anthropologist in japanese martial art history. any small level of research in it will probably answer your question. do you think youll ACTUALLY find solid "Washin Ryu" information on this site after the tongue lashing me and Kagekaze have been giving you?

i recommend you take the link and look into why we authentically beleive your being scammed, maybe some information other then what people cram down your throat daily will open your eyes. HAVE you independently researched ANYTHING in your style or any other martial arts? or do you whole heartedly agree with what you are told by the man who you so eagerly give money to, like clawing at what could be a fake answer to what you dont understand? have you even tried other things? have u looked into it, or is it right just because some person on a website says so? the same arguement can be said about the research in the library, but i tend to agree with people that arent making money off of me, there usually isnt a bias.

Actually, i should write a masters thesis or doctorate thesis based on the positive and negative aspects of americanization (or worldization, is that a word?) of martial arts and the scamming million of people fall for every year through an anthropological view.

oh well, maybe in the future......

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 8:40pm

Style: Washin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pete,

What the hell are you talking about?? I am not the one that posted the original question!!! I would like to find out who that is and spar him!! I have no doubt in my mind that Master Ochiai is an authentic traditional Japanese martial arts master that was sent to a temple at age 6 near Hiroshima and trained by Kanabe Saito. I have no need to waste time researching it. He talks about his teacher with great respect all of the time.
    I may have tried to get the discussion back to that to get you off of the Bowen bashing kick, but I am not looking for any answers here!!! I was trying to defend my teacher who is not here to defend himself, but I am doing a lousy job at it. So maybe I should take KK's advice and kill myself. MAY YOU SOMEDAY MAKE PEACE WITH ALL OTHER MARTIAL ARTIST AND REALIZE YOUR ONLY TRUE ENEMY IS YOURSELF!!

My farewell haiku:

LIFE IS WAY TOO SHORT
    FOR SPENDING TIME ON THIS SITE
    TIME FOR ME TO GO

KAGEKAZE, you can have the honor of chopping my head off

STEVENI <<<<< seppuku with KATANA
    (pool of blood)
    (thumping sound of my head hitting the floor!)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are u giving us info that no one else has? someone check that for me plz, im more of a "i studied it and it sucked" person atm, not a history buff on it, even though i probably could get the answer via the sources i provided..... thread starter, is this new info at all? or was this in the beginning? im not gonna even look.......

like is this a black belt only info or something? ive never ever ever heard anyone tell me this before, and does he disclose WHAT he actually trained in the temple? why didnt you say this info before when the issue first came up? why doesnt he let his students reach the level he has? isnt that the point of training students?

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 9:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: brazilian jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Brian, it's cool and all if you are going to piss people off online but next time you volunteer me for an internet challenge match, let me know about it before hand.

Steve emailed me a few days ago asking about you and it confused the hell out of me, then I realized you probably were bashing him on bullshido and here we are.

If steve hadn't emailed me and had sent random people to 'spar' me at the jiu jitsu club I would have told them to get lost. So next time you use my name make sure I know about it beforehand.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 9:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, i looked at the first post on the thread...... so, i assume that my arguement still holds...... there are very very very painfully open sores about the fact that the temple was not the style he teaches and he refuses to discuss his training in it other then the fact of the teacher. WHY? i can ask my Ketsugen or samuri sword instructor when i was training with either of them, and they would very happily describe the extreme pain and suffering they had to go through to reach their high levels levels. my friends go-ju ryu instructor would get us sodas and sit down and talk about how lucky we were that we didnt have to go through what he did.

i mean, sans mysticism and "magic temple training" as everyone will bash, wasnt Ochiai recorded as a great fighter and incredible martial artist regardless of what they say? why would he even HAVE to lie about some temple, or hide the training he did? maybe i should delve into the text and bring up examples of how how traditional Japanese do not act like Ochiai is to satisfy your lust to defend him? i mean, this definitely isnt the japanese way of doing things that he is showing us, and everyone revers him for it because they dont know any better. if its just the fact that his training was so good, he doesnt want to teach anyone else that way, then guess what, ill definitely skip over him and head some where where they are willing to teach me the correct way.

if i feel like it, ill go searching for traditions of Japanese martial arts dojos and how they actually pass down information and ill reference it all, so that you can effectively see that there is something out of the norm here.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 9:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HA Brian you fucking n00b, u forgot to tell your friend you signed him up for Anti-Washin Ryu wars online. tsk tsk.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 10:28pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownLineage
    Does anyone know the real history of Hidy Ochiai and his "karate" style, Washin-ryu? I have been there for a number of years and the stories just don't make sense to me anymore.

Can anybody clarify? Does he really have a traditional karate background? Or maybe Judo? I heard that he started in Judo and then made up some kata for karate competition and then learned shotokan from Mikami before launching a more traditional focus. However, this is all closely guarded from his students and noone seems to know more than the "party line."

I am getting tired of being seen with skeptical eyes every time I tell the version I learned to authentic karateka...

Please help...
    Ryu was a good character but I don't remember him washin' anything, except maybe in that E. Honda level, just before you get to smash the car.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 10:32pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leiff
    Hey Brian, it's cool and all if you are going to piss people off online but next time you volunteer me for an internet challenge match, let me know about it before hand.

Steve emailed me a few days ago asking about you and it confused the hell out of me, then I realized you probably were bashing him on bullshido and here we are.

If steve hadn't emailed me and had sent random people to 'spar' me at the jiu jitsu club I would have told them to get lost. So next time you use my name make sure I know about it beforehand.

Oops. Dude, He got confused. I said if he wanted some real sparring (not point sparring) he should go down your club. Hence, why he should contact you.

I didn't mean to sign you up fror an Internet deathmatch. Sorry Mike.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 10:35pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leiff

But finally got you signed up for Bullshido :)

I'll probably be in Binghamton at the end of April, you can beat me up for this then.
    Last edited by Plasma; 4/07/2006 10:37pm at .

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 10:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveni
    Pete,

What the hell are you talking about?? I am not the one that posted the original question!!! I would like to find out who that is and spar him!!

Well gee...I guess that would be me. I'm the first person who questioned all of this. So I guess it is me you want to spar. However, if you beat me, which is really not a big accomplishment, how will that prove if your master is not a fraud when it comes to his history?

Ok...so you want to spar with me? The cost is a round trip air fare + expenses + loss wages from work. I earn about 80K so calculate that into your expenses. I require cash up front...win or lose. If you want to video tape it that is fine. You can post it on here as well, though you kicking my ass will not impress many people on here. So let me know what you decide.
    Last edited by Miguksaram; 4/07/2006 10:55pm at .
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast