Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 2:21pm

Style: Washin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you going to fight him with a candy bar in your hand too? or one hand tied behind your back? It doesn't sound like a fair fight based on experience levels.

Isn't it kind of childish to have a fight over what someone SAID??

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why are you assuming? i actually think Kazekage has been officially "training" a much less time then this Washin Ryu student, and this student has actually trained some form of ninjutsu with Kazekage, so he might know what to expect. Being that Kazekage isnt getting the elite powerful training of Hidy Ochiai i would expect he is at the disadvantage..... oh wait.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 2:52pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveni
    So are you going to fight him with a candy bar in your hand too? or one hand tied behind your back? It doesn't sound like a fair fight based on experience levels.

Isn't it kind of childish to have a fight over what someone SAID??

Bullshido is all about put up or shut up. I only have a couple of years more of expirence. 3 year / 5 years isn't much of a difference.

He said my stuff was crappy and unrealistic, so its in favor to him. He also got direct teaching from Ochiai. So I better train up for it.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 3:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the years you had listed were concurrent and not sequential?

What are the rules of the fight? Are you trying to knock each other out, break limbs. break noses?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 3:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so this student has ---

4 years Washin Ryu - constant training at Binghamton University/dojo
    2.5 Years Aikido - Binghamton University Aikido Club, again constant
    2.5 years of Tae Kwon Do (if you count me, literally after they begged me to teach them how to kick, and i taught them until Ochiai brainwashed them totally)- constant
    1 year of Kagekazes training (if you count that) - constant
    plus practicing his techniques as a side note whenever we would practice my own
    4 years of Shotokan from visiting the club on Binghamton University, as i remember, but this might have been sparingly
    1 class in Ketsugen
    1 class in Samuri Sword
    At least 2 Extreme Washin Ryu "light contact, stop at one hit" to the death tournements.

3 months of EXTREME DDR TRAINING FROM THE Dance Dance Revolution CLUB - EXTREME CLUB EXCHANGE SKILLS

Sparring matches against Jeet Kun Do, Muay Thai, Shotokan, Brazilian Jiujutsu, Ketsugen, Ninjutsu, Go-ju Ryu, Kung-fu (i have no idea how the styles go) and Hapkido, and Tae Kwon Do as opponents. Several hours of MMA style, Washin Ryu style, and TKD style matches with at least 15 people of each style, except Ketsugen, which was only one, with the ability to pick up a LOT of techniques from actual MASTER LEVEL students at Binghamton University. This occured 3 times, once a year in Binghamton where Washin Ryu held an open podium at "Spring Fling" and they literally had 16-18 hours of sparring with various styles. Washin Ryu go its ass kicked each time, and didnt learn ANYTHING from it.

DAILY sparring with me, even though i dont offically train, i would spar them as a friend almost daily, mostly with hands to give them the advantage, after coaching their kicking.

Once to twice weekly amateur training in Nunchuku, Eskrima stick and Kumdo sword fighting from me. Im not a sword fighter, and i suck, but i practiced with them the very basics. This training isnt much, but its enough they should have learned how to defend themselves.

Kagekaze definitely has the "technical" disadvantage, he actually taught this student part of his own technique as a friend, and he was forced to train most of his stuff ALONE because of no ninjutsu influence on campus, but i really dont think he likes that excuse. This student has had at least this much structured club influence/personal training. The Tae Kwon Do training was DAILY too, because they begged me to coach them, but because of Washin Ryu technique applied to it they never progressed at ALL.

This is what made me so aggravated. I spent a good hour or more a day teaching them kicking mechanics, timing, spacing, combinations, and balance. All lost the second they went to "Washin Ryu" club. I TRAINED THESE STUDENTS - I KNOW THEM! AS "FRIENDS" AND AS FIGHTERS!

WASHIN RYU DESTROYED THEIR STYLE OF FIGHTING! IT BRAINWASHED THEM and CLOSED OF THEIR MIND TO NEW IDEAS!

So, Kagekaze better be ready for an extreme battle, year wise i think he might be outmatched.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, sounds like I was wrong once again. That damn brainwashing is brutal on the mind. I have to give you a point again for such thorough responses!(seriously)

Oh, by the way, I want to apologize for barging into the group without introducing myself first. I don't do this very often, so I don't know Bullshido dojo etiquette!

So what are the contact rules for the fight?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 3:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveni
    So the years you had listed were concurrent and not sequential?

What are the rules of the fight? Are you trying to knock each other out, break limbs. break noses?
    Yes. I started NinpoTaijutsu and did BJJ at the same time. Then after 3 years I dropped BJJ and started studying Japanese Jujutsu.

Rules, as I understand will be standard MMA rules. Everything legal, except biting, eye gouging, head butting. Go till one person gives up.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 3:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry, its 3.0 years of TKD after i figured out the math

ive been rewarded 3 point already, so do i win? 2 from you, and one from Kagekaze.

POINT SPARRING INCREDIBLENESS.

PS. -- did u look at the pdf i linked to you about the books you should read to learn about real Japanese culture, as taught by a Columbia University (9th ranking university in the world, ivy league) syllabus?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by polishillusion
    so this student has ---

4 years Washin Ryu - constant training at Binghamton University/dojo
    2.5 Years Aikido - Binghamton University Aikido Club, again constant
    2.5 years of Tae Kwon Do (if you count me, literally after they begged me to teach them how to kick, and i taught them until Ochiai brainwashed them totally)- constant
    1 year of Kagekazes training (if you count that) - constant
    plus practicing his techniques as a side note whenever we would practice my own
    4 years of Shotokan from visiting the club on Binghamton University, as i remember, but this might have been sparingly
    1 class in Ketsugen
    1 class in Samuri Sword
    At least 2 Extreme Washin Ryu "light contact, stop at one hit" to the death tournements.

3 months of EXTREME DDR TRAINING FROM THE Dance Dance Revolution CLUB - EXTREME CLUB EXCHANGE SKILLS

Sparring matches against Jeet Kun Do, Muay Thai, Shotokan, Brazilian Jiujutsu, Ketsugen, Ninjutsu, Go-ju Ryu, Kung-fu (i have no idea how the styles go) and Hapkido, and Tae Kwon Do as opponents. Several hours of MMA style, Washin Ryu style, and TKD style matches with at least 15 people of each style, except Ketsugen, which was only one, with the ability to pick up a LOT of techniques from actual MASTER LEVEL students at Binghamton University. This occured 3 times, once a year in Binghamton where Washin Ryu held an open podium at "Spring Fling" and they literally had 16-18 hours of sparring with various styles. Washin Ryu go its ass kicked each time, and didnt learn ANYTHING from it.

DAILY sparring with me, even though i dont offically train, i would spar them as a friend almost daily, mostly with hands to give them the advantage, after coaching their kicking.

Once to twice weekly amateur training in Nunchuku, Eskrima stick and Kumdo sword fighting from me. Im not a sword fighter, and i suck, but i practiced with them the very basics. This training isnt much, but its enough they should have learned how to defend themselves.

Kagekaze definitely has the "technical" disadvantage, he actually taught this student part of his own technique as a friend, and he was forced to train most of his stuff ALONE because of no ninjutsu influence on campus, but i really dont think he likes that excuse. This student has had at least this much structured club influence/personal training. The Tae Kwon Do training was DAILY too, because they begged me to coach them, but because of Washin Ryu technique applied to it they never progressed at ALL.

This is what made me so aggravated. I spent a good hour or more a day teaching them kicking mechanics, timing, spacing, combinations, and balance. All lost the second they went to "Washin Ryu" club. I TRAINED THESE STUDENTS - I KNOW THEM! AS "FRIENDS" AND AS FIGHTERS!

WASHIN RYU DESTROYED THEIR STYLE OF FIGHTING! IT BRAINWASHED THEM and CLOSED OF THEIR MIND TO NEW IDEAS!

So, Kagekaze better be ready for an extreme battle, year wise i think he might be outmatched.

I damn I guess I going to get fucked up. Ph34r the point sparrer.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 7:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by polishillusion
    sorry, its 3.0 years of TKD after i figured out the math

ive been rewarded 3 point already, so do i win? 2 from you, and one from Kagekaze.

POINT SPARRING INCREDIBLENESS.

PS. -- did u look at the pdf i linked to you about the books you should read to learn about real Japanese culture, as taught by a Columbia University (9th ranking university in the world, ivy league) syllabus?

Ok, we will put you on the right side AND ME ON THE LEFT:

AKA, IPPON, NO KACHI!!!

Sorry, I simply don't have time to go through the web site with a job, wife, 2.5 kids and a dog as well as karate and other interests I have that take up my time.
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast