Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2011 4:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be clear the Fedor comment is from the first post in this thread and is not mine. Oh and thanks for the clarification of your Sambo history.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 12:31am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad View Post
    BTW, Omega, do you remember some "russian casting punches" from your combat SAMBO experience? I can not. I've heard some guys say "he's casting (a spell on somebody)" when the guy was knocking the crap out of the other. So it also sounds a bit funny for me.
    I think it's just a part of their own style, what you call a "casting punch". And those guys, maybe even Igor (dunno who's that) are just hitting their targets the way they can. Emeljanenko is good for finding his moment, as Popenchenko was. Sorry, no more flooding.
    No, as a matter of fact we just call it the Russian punch, but I'm a kinda whatever guy when it comes to that stuff.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 8:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you're absolutely right! So, what's so specific for the people in this punch, that makes it different from the straight punch? The flick of the wrist, or what?
    Cause it seems to me, that there is one punch, looking different depending on the situation and performer, or there are several punches you guys call that way.
    Doesn't the backward rotation of the fist in the straight punch make it seem "russian"?

:)

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 9:11am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd always assumed that they're used because they lend themselves well to punching into a clinch. It's easy to protect your chin coming in because of the arm being high...and throwing your weight into it, adds to your power for a throw, or takedown.

I thought i'd seen Fedor use it like that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 9:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you seen those somewhere else but Mixfighting?
    You mean those slaps on the back of the head are also russian punches?
    Or did I get it wrong again?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 10:44am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you're absolutely right! So, what's so specific for the people in this punch, that makes it different from the straight punch? The flick of the wrist, or what?
    Cause it seems to me, that there is one punch, looking different depending on the situation and performer, or there are several punches you guys call that way.
    Doesn't the backward rotation of the fist in the straight punch make it seem "russian"?
    I have to be truthful, I don't really care what anybody calls it. Your argument is just nit picking. An argument that I've had many times about other things. We like names so that we can categorize them properly.

I remember the days when we used to call a lot of the submissions I learned in sambo "this one".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 12:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To: Omega.
    So, now I know a bit more about your personal qualities, but it doesn't help me understanding, what is considered as "russian punch" in the US. If nobody gives a damn about it, I, generally, don't care about it too.
    If somebody knows, what do those words mean together,we could find out the correct way to do it.
    I'm a newbie here, and I have the question: What do you (of course I address to everybody) mean by saying "russian punch"?
    You're a veteran here and even a moderator, so you could help me. That's my argument.
    Would you be so kind to help me?
    I'd love to write it in private message, but I cannot. Sorry for my english, I've probably made some mistakes.
    Thanks for the answer.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 4:01pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To: Omega.
    So, now I know a bit more about your personal qualities, but it doesn't help me understanding, what is considered as "russian punch" in the US. If nobody gives a damn about it, I, generally, don't care about it too.
    If somebody knows, what do those words mean together,we could find out the correct way to do it.
    I'm a newbie here, and I have the question: What do you (of course I address to everybody) mean by saying "russian punch"?
    You're a veteran here and even a moderator, so you could help me. That's my argument.
    Would you be so kind to help me?
    I'd love to write it in private message, but I cannot. Sorry for my english, I've probably made some mistakes.
    Thanks for the answer.
    It's simply a classification. Like hip throw, "stiff" jab, kimura. When we say "Russian Punch" we know we're talking about a specific way the punch is thrown. Does that answer you question, and if not what am I missing here?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 5:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, if you all know this specific way to throw the punch, there's nothing to discuss. Yes, you've answered the way you've answered. While the grass grows the horse starves.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2011 6:40pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, this thread is nearly 6 years old. You resurrected this thread thinking we were still talking about it.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast