Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2005 1:59am

Style: Judo, Brazilian Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems like Kung Fu guys are always talking about how many centuries old their styles are. You think after a THOUSAND years of getting OWNED by grapplers they might wake up.

Posted On:
    8/03/2005 9:44am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually trying to learn BJJ at the moment to make up for a lack of groundfighting in my Mantis System. While I feel myself a strong standup fighter I realize it's only a matter of time before I fight someone competent on the ground. I will be the world's first Praying Brazilian Manjitsu fighter!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2005 10:33am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I'm actually trying to learn BJJ at the moment to make up for a lack of groundfighting in my Mantis System. While I feel myself a strong standup fighter I realize it's only a matter of time before I fight someone competent on the ground. I will be the world's first Praying Brazilian Manjitsu fighter!
    not the first, but good luck nonetheless.

Posted On:
    8/03/2005 2:09pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Darn... well I'll just tell everyone Manjitsu is an uber deadly pirate fighting system then.

Posted On:
    8/03/2005 2:25pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2000 years ago people wiped their asses with leaves.

Posted On:
    8/03/2005 2:55pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    2000 years ago people wiped their asses with leaves.
    Oh don't be stupid. Everyone knows monks don't poop.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2005 2:56pm

Style: WC, Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    Oh don't be stupid. Everyone knows monks don't poop.
    So are all girls monks or are all monks girls?

Posted On:
    8/03/2005 3:07pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So does anyone else wonder what kind of toilet the Pope uses? Jewel-encrusted? Gold? Or does The Pope still **** in the woods?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2005 2:42am

Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the style is a fake. The columbian website www.shaolinfamenchuan.com says its boss is a mister Dr. Mariano Rivera. In the spanisch speaking forum the school is being very critizised and by some people called a sect.

The other website http://www.dojos.com/shaolin/ has this information :

"Shaolin Kung Fu is the largest school of Chinese Boxing in the world, with over 180 schools located in Latin American countries. These schools are al under the supervision of our Grandmaster (Si Tai Gung), Dr. Mariano Rivera. Shaolin Kung Fu Studios, Inc., is a member of the following:"

I read the information on the columbian site and found many similar things to a school I trained last year in MAdrid, www.shaolin-wuxing.com, also a colombian teacher. Besides I had contact to a member of the famen chuan school who said he knows the master of the guy in Madrid and that this one trained before Famen Chuan after left and made his own school in Colombia which is where the Madrid guy must have studied. Now the MAdrid guy has his own school and calls his style wuxing chuan, the fist of teh five animals.
    Does such style exist as one style or have the different animals to be seen as individual styles?? I know theres the Wuxing Chuan set but a wuxing chuan style, also fake??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2007 1:48pm

Style: Tien Shan Pai, Bagua, BBJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thoschleg
    So the style is a fake. The columbian website www.shaolinfamenchuan.com says its boss is a mister Dr. Mariano Rivera. In the spanisch speaking forum the school is being very critizised and by some people called a sect.

The other website http://www.dojos.com/shaolin/ has this information :

"Shaolin Kung Fu is the largest school of Chinese Boxing in the world, with over 180 schools located in Latin American countries. These schools are al under the supervision of our Grandmaster (Si Tai Gung), Dr. Mariano Rivera. Shaolin Kung Fu Studios, Inc., is a member of the following:"

I read the information on the columbian site and found many similar things to a school I trained last year in MAdrid, www.shaolin-wuxing.com, also a colombian teacher. Besides I had contact to a member of the famen chuan school who said he knows the master of the guy in Madrid and that this one trained before Famen Chuan after left and made his own school in Colombia which is where the Madrid guy must have studied. Now the MAdrid guy has his own school and calls his style wuxing chuan, the fist of teh five animals.
    Does such style exist as one style or have the different animals to be seen as individual styles?? I know theres the Wuxing Chuan set but a wuxing chuan style, also fake??
    I dont get why ppl will join a forum if they are not willing to share useful info, anyway. CMA history is a great subject and there is too much BS all over, a good read for any one really interested are the writings by Stanley Henning,

http://www.northernchinesemartialart...artialArts.pdf

Now as for the FMC issue, it seems this is an invention either of some japanese named Ito (thats what the FCM guys say) or the invention of M. Rivera, who is originally from Puerto Rico. This person went to Colombia where started the style he called Shaolin Tzu Kempo, later on they will change it to FMC; this style spread to Mexico, Spain, Puerto Rico Colombia etc.

Eventhough I dont see much harm about people creating their style, eventhough I think is a bit arrogant to say one has invented a new style, since many of these so called masters just hand picked techniques from other systems; the FMC guys have included a lot of esotheric type believes in their teachings, they have gone as far as to claim that the daugthers of M. Rivera are the re-encarnation of a master etc.

I participated in a tournament they organized more than 10 years ago, I saw some good fighters but again, the main problem I see with this is the amount of BS they use to sell their "product".

Cheers
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast