Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617181925 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 10:03am

Style: Daito Ryu, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Upyu, I sent the information to him, I'll keep you posted.

I punch people

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 7:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, sorry I didn't reply to this earlier but after a bout with Jet Lag and the fact that I didn't even HAVE A FUCKING PHONE LINE at my home in WV... you get the idea. Anyhow, on to my thoughts on Akuzawa.

First off, the thread title is atrocious.
    Second, I'm just a college student that trains MA as a hobby albiet passionately.

Anyhow, Akuzawa is about my size, in shape, friendly guy, and a little cooky in the head. Regarding the pinkie thing, he was able to throw me with it when I tried to bend it back.

Now, i'm no expert on pinkie breaking, or am I versed in the arts of anti-pinkie grappling, but he was able to throw a 140 pound vietnamese dude off balance with his pinkie. What are the combat implications of pinkie throwing? Who the **** cares.

What *is* interesting is how it felt. Basically, Akuzawa has this knack for generating leverage from almost any position. Whether it be standing straight up with his two feet together, throwing someone with his pinky, or lifting you off the floor from a sitting position. Just sort of imagine a gear that turns without resistance rather than someone overpowering you with strength.

He has great body alignment and balance, able to put all his weight behind his attacks from almost any position. I regret to admit that I only read the first 4 pages of this thread due to my shady 56k action, so now i'm just going to ramble about cool things this crazy japanese man can do!

I know that I can kick hard and competantly. Akuzawa was able to consistently absorb my MT roundhouse with his forearm and grab my ankle. It felt like I was kicking rubber =D

Uhm... he can also do a 3-inch roundhouse. He brings his leg towards me at a turtle pace, and then snaps his leg during the last 6 inches effectively knocking my feet out from under me. It didn't have the piercing baseball bat feel of a MT kick, rather it felt like someone doing a double leg. Not really painful, but definately taking away my base. Regardless, it worked consistently.

Lastly, he probably has a small penis. I haven't confirmed if it is indeed smaller than mine however.
    It's only fun and games until somebody loses and eye. Then it's fun and games in two dimensions!

I punch people

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 7:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention he just sorta wiggles his head and gets out of my thai clinch. He just... sorta... pry's his head out effortlessly.

Anyhow, the man is definately an eye opener and I was initially skeptical of everything Upyu claimed he could do a few nights prior while out drinking. I took the "gotta see it to believe it approach". It's like he's doing BJJ, emphasising positioning and leverage, except without the positioning... and translated into standup. Anyhow, i'm confused.

Akuzawa really is something special.

I also love japanese girls. Oh god do I love japanese girls...
    Last edited by Luan; 8/08/2005 7:53pm at .
    It's only fun and games until somebody loses and eye. Then it's fun and games in two dimensions!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 8:45pm

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope that this guy is for real and that he fights in the k-1. If this guy can introduce some revolutionary(or just plain useful) concepts and techniques into the k-1/MMA game then I'm all for it. These are sports that continue to evolve anyways. And Upyu, all you had to say was that this guy is looking for ppl to test his abilities against as well as a give a description of his background. There was no need for the all the theatrics.

I punch people

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 9:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From my understanding, he has the mindset of:

If all these modern day "masters" are so badass, why don't they step into the ring? They make up bullshit excuses like their style is too dangerous or that they only know how to kill or whatnot. Why not just step up and lose by foul?

This of course are my own theatrical words.

Should be exciting if he can get past the preliminaries =D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 10:05pm

Style: Aunkai, Tokyo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero
    I hope that this guy is for real and that he fights in the k-1. If this guy can introduce some revolutionary(or just plain useful) concepts and techniques into the k-1/MMA game then I'm all for it. These are sports that continue to evolve anyways. And Upyu, all you had to say was that this guy is looking for ppl to test his abilities against as well as a give a description of his background. There was no need for the all the theatrics.
    Uh, if you read my earlier posts you'd see that I said that the real intent of the thread was to get more students to join the class. And besides, howre you going to convince unless you earn their respect? Btw, you gotta admit the theatrics did get peoples attention.

Lu, thnx for the words. Hopefully Ill be able to put up at a throwdown w/ about 1/20th of akuzawas skill sometime in the near future. :)

U need to come back to Japan dude. I gotta girl sitting here right now that knows one of the girls in your profile pic. Xtra incentive 4 j00 ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 10:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luan
    From my understanding, he has the mindset of:

If all these modern day "masters" are so badass, why don't they step into the ring? They make up bullshit excuses like their style is too dangerous or that they only know how to kill or whatnot. Why not just step up and lose by foul?

This of course are my own theatrical words.

Should be exciting if he can get past the preliminaries =D
    Actually... its pretty accurate... he's so ghetto when he talks in japanese...

I punch people

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 10:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    U need to come back to Japan dude. I gotta girl sitting here right now that knows one of the girls in your profile pic. Xtra incentive 4 j00 ;)
    All I gotta say to that is *IHWIhhfIJF$IAjaklghhhghhhahhuhhuhghhhaghghghhghH*

Aye aye cap'n =)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luan
    First off, the thread title is atrocious.
    Thread title was made at 2 in the morning, tho u have to admit, it reeks of bullshido which is what i was aimin 4.

That being said, there any takers that want to try the class out now??
    Hit me @ foshizzlepizzle@hotmail.com for details. (4 those of u 2 lazy to scroll back in the thread....)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 6:17am

Style: Longfist, Hong Fist, MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lo.

I was hoping that someone could tell me what AngrySpastic's problem is?
    He cries "BULLSHIDO!!" at the drop of a hat and when hes shown to be wrong he cries "BAN!!".

wtf? :hmh:

I know that the bullshido-esque title of the thread inspired alot of automatic nay saying but I am really dissapointed in all of you. Most of the people who posted saying they didn't believe in the guy's abilities didn't even read the thread properly. Their 'Bullshido Reflex' is now so well-developed that it even fires in the presence of a REAL TMA.

Seems to me like alot of people on this board have become so used to everything 'cool' in the martial arts being fake that they just assume that everything they will ever come across that is different in any way will also be BS.

Imalrdynum: your posts are so lame that they don't even contain a POINT OF VIEW. You are just disagreeing with what you've heard in a mindless and childish fashion. You post a criticism, it is answered with a response, and your reply is "uh-huh". Do you think that is clever? Because it isn't. It's infantile. Its the 'net equivalent of saying "I know you are but what am I". Don't pretend that you have a role to play in this discussion when clearly you have nothing intelligent to say. Not even when your own idol is brought in. For shame dude, for shame.

This website started off as a way to expose fraud and to discuss differences in styles. Lately it's becoming more of a place where guys from one style can issue blanket statements dissing other styles, usually TMAs.

I don't think that there is much open-mindedness left on this site, and that sadens me.

Let me summarise: In favour of this guy we have testimony from 3 members of this site, all saying that he is really good.
    And as for evidence against this guys we have: ABSOLUTELY **** ALL. There is NO evidence (so far) to suggest that he is fake but you losers keep going on assuming that he is.

You don't care about the truth of martial arts any more. All you care about is having an excuse to diss people. You are so used to spotting fakes that you can't even tell the difference any more and what's worse is you don't care.

ciao