Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/31/2005 11:17pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Failed Hip throws

I can't seem to get hip throws on my one friend, he just jerks his side out, then I go for the head and arm take down (I don't know what its called, fedor uses it alot), Now I know a take down is a take down, but I still want to get my hip throws in, so I can use throws like Uchi mada that can inflict alot of damage, any pointers?
    I know that you can set it up with trip like and reaping throws like kouchi/ouchi gari and tai otoshi, but is there anything other tips you guys can give me that can help me set up nice harsh hip throws like uchi mada? (And i chose a judo pic since this sorta relates to judo takedowns...even though they are still JJJ throws originally, BTW, are all the judo throws in BJJ?)

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/31/2005 11:30pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I liked Nightstrike better.

PL

Posted On:
    7/31/2005 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, well now other people can distinguish one teenage moron (me) from another teenage moron (Knightmare), without thinking we are the same one. But seriously dude, you got any advice?

Posted On:
    7/31/2005 11:38pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FighterJones
    I can't seem to get hip throws on my one friend, he just jerks his side out, then I go for the head and arm take down (I don't know what its called, fedor uses it alot), Now I know a take down is a take down, but I still want to get my hip throws in, so I can use throws like Uchi mada that can inflict alot of damage, any pointers?
    I know that you can set it up with trip like and reaping throws like kouchi/ouchi gari and tai otoshi, but is there anything other tips you guys can give me that can help me set up nice harsh hip throws like uchi mada? (And i chose a judo pic since this sorta relates to judo takedowns...even though they are still JJJ throws originally, BTW, are all the judo throws in BJJ?)
    Try dropping you hips down lower that the hips of the person you are trying to throw aka-changing levels. Also wait for the opponent to push in on you, or push him backward and when he pushes back then go for the throw.

As far your question about Judo throws and BJJ, I think all Judo is legal in BJJ.

Posted On:
    7/31/2005 11:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do try and change levels i think, i just kinda do it at the same time, and because hes taller and bigger than me he doesn't have to scoot his hips out much, and my question bout judo throws and bjj wasn't if it was allowed, but if all judo techniques are taught in bjj thanks anyways dude, i appreciate any help i can get.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/31/2005 11:45pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You remind me of Jones Soda.

PL

Posted On:
    7/31/2005 11:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    people always laugh at me in school when at lunch time they see me with a Jones soda in hand, I absolutely love jones soda, so poop loops, seriously you got any tips?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 5:05am

Style: PersonalDefenseReadiness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. If he jerks out his side everytime, try working on your kuzushi - off-balanced people dont pull out their hip that easily.

2. Your text reads a bit, as if you were a bit too focused on these hip-throws - this makes you predictable which isnt an advantage.

3. Dont try to force a hip throw - you mentioned the setups for your uchi-mata, which are all proven and solid tactics - just try to chain them fluently and if you have the chance to throw him, do it, be it with a hip, a leg or whatever throw !

4. A personal way I used to pull off the stuff I described in #3... or at least tried to do so :

a) Ko-Uchi-Gari - opponent must move leg, widens his stance
    b) O-Uchi-Gari - if it doesnt drop him on his ass, he has at least to re-set his posture...
    c) ... which leaves him in a good position for Uchi-Mata
    d) if the position for Uchi-Mata still isnt good enough to finish it properly, just lift up his leg with it
    e) which gives you time to turn, then switch to O-Uchi-Gari again ...
    f)... which could lead to another Uchi-Mata...

...you see, you can chain this stuff together like forever, if you just realize your options and know what to do when the chance is there... and if the chance comes DROP HIM :5camoufla

5. Learn throws that make it harder to pull out the hip - personal recomendations :

- Harai-Goshi
    - Kubi-Nage
    - Seoi-Otoshi

6. For further possible combinations look here : http://www.meutatame.com.br/ataques%20combinados.htm

Chemist

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 5:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hip throws are hard to pull off because they are naturally slower than forward throws and usually can be seen coming a mile away, you have to get really really close to your opponent and really invade his space, like your attacking with your hip, really jam your hip as hard as you can into/under his, and you have to get his feet off the ground because if he can drag his feet there is no throw, you really have to be violent about it

try harai goshi, but drive your hip into his hard, jump with your hip into him already with your leg in a reap position, I'd recommend watching some judo vids from judoforum to get what I mean, you really have to be violent and fast
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 7:02am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh..... the head and arm take down is a hip throw last I checked.

But hey, whatever.

I love hip tosses, the head and arm variation i smy favorite, better control, less likely they're going to get my back unless I REALLY **** up.

hip throws are low percentage for me and most folks I know. Off a failed hip throw I've pulled off a few tds by turning back in to their side or even the back (suplex, bwahahahaha), you're in there, all you gotta do is step back a bit and duck under that arm you failed to use in the throw.

Hug the fucker and drop ^_^
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast