Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 2:06pm

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously Piz! I think he must have been bragging or something.

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 2:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah really, unless she was ugly...

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 10:15am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm well here name is Nutley....

"he reported he’d been having a sexual relationship with her for 18 months."
    18 months......

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 12:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woman assaulted, purse stolen in UNMH structure

UNM police responded May 22 to a report of purse snatching at the UNM Hospital parking structure.

The victim, a 69-year-old woman, told police that just as she exited her car in the structure's first level, an unknown male struck her with a "karate chop" to the left side of her neck and shoulder area, the police report states.

The woman then fell to the pavement and the male took her purse, according to the report. She declined medical treatment. After searching the area and reviewing the surveillance tape, police could not find the stolen purse or the assailant, who the woman could only describe by his clothing, the report states.

http://www.dailylobo.com/news/439096.html
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 11:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There were some good articles here, and some bad ones: question- in the article about teachers in Britain, there was only one mention of martial arts, it didn't mention the style, and nothing came of the threat. In that last article... he used a 'karate chop?' Please. The guy hacked at her neck with an open fist and she calls it a 'Karate chop?' Anyone who has taken Karate and tried to use that in a fight will know it's one of the most pointless attacks invented, since one only has to tuck their head in, or block.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 1:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy hacked at her neck with an open fist and she calls it a 'Karate chop?' Anyone who has taken Karate and tried to use that in a fight will know it's one of the most pointless attacks invented, since one only has to tuck their head in, or block.
    Yes, with a lack of functional principles, such a static movement and strike will fail. Undoubtedly. However, with a forward drive and deep penetration, it does not matter if your initial target becomes obscured, as you miss the vagus nerve, the strike is then redirected, sliding over the shoulder defense, to the temple of the attacker and you will essentially receive the same results. Whether they have a blocking hand up there or not. Actually, it's better if they do, it not only blocks their field of vision, you can relay force through compression mechanics and because they have their arm up, it throws their dynamics into chaos causing a major disruption in the attackers balance.

As an aside, I prefer to strike the aforementioned target/s with my forearm rather than my hand, more kinetic power and damage that will have a greater possibility of dropping my attacker.

This is the problem with keeping movements and principles within the context or restrictions of a style. Without examining the scientific principles of a movement, you will never progress beyond the superficiality of a technique.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 3:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had no idea a style would be so restrictive in a fight. Imagine that. Why aren't more people aware of this? Think of all the money they could save on school dues...

Thank you for enlightening me, O Great One. Imagine all of the senseis and sifus out there who will be amazed to hear that the movement principles they teach are so bound by all that convention.

Gee, your "scientific principles" must be so much more impressive than untold centuries of hand to hand, hand to weapon and weapon to weapon battlefield experience passed down through the generations by all of those hundreds of thousands of dedicated stylists. I hear tell that that good ole boy Isaac Newton was a hell of a scrapper! You have to be a machine to invent telescope designs the way he did, after all...
    (Chuckles)

Thanks again O Ethnically Cleansing Fount of Knowledge. I, for one, can hardly wait for your next gobbet of priceless information.

All hail the Unholy Prophet!

Edited by - Mr. Nice Guy on June 20 2003 15:31:21

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 10:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had no idea a style would be so restrictive in a fight. Imagine that. Why aren't more people aware of this? Think of all the money they could save on school dues...

Thank you for enlightening me, O Great One. Imagine all of the senseis and sifus out there who will be amazed to hear that the movement principles they teach are so bound by all that convention.

Gee, your "scientific principles" must be so much more impressive than untold centuries of hand to hand, hand to weapon and weapon to weapon battlefield experience passed down through the generations by all of those hundreds of thousands of dedicated stylists. I hear tell that that good ole boy Isaac Newton was a hell of a scrapper! You have to be a machine to invent telescope designs the way he did, after all...
    (Chuckles)

Thanks again O Ethnically Cleansing Fount of Knowledge. I, for one, can hardly wait for your next gobbet of priceless information.

All hail the Unholy Prophet!

"Grim, hard, cold words, heartless and miserable. The night was railing against the morning of which it was bereaved, and the cold was cursing the warmth for which it hungered."

Edited by - Mr. Nice Guy on June 20 2003 15:31:21
    Oh, Nice Guy, it's good to see that not ALL the Americans are embittered, insecure mullet wearers who wouldn't even have their utes if it wasn't for Oz.

I for one am sick of us fighting the battles of the Great Satan, but if Osama ever gets a leg over on the Eagle, please feel free to stay at my place.

Cheers
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/23/2003 12:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Court-Martial Is Backed in Fatal Grenade Attack

By JEFFREY GETTLEMAN

Jun 20, 2003

ORT KNOX, Ky., June 20 — After a weeklong hearing and a swift 75 minutes of deliberation, an Army judge recommended today that the American soldier accused of attacking sleeping officers at a camp in Kuwait be tried for murder in a court-martial. "There are reasonable grounds to believe the accused committed the offenses charged," Col. Patrick Reinert, who presided over the preliminary hearing, said in rendering his decision. Colonel Reinert rejected the defense's argument that there were no witnesses who saw the soldier, Sgt. Hasan K. Akbar, instigate the nighttime ambush on March 23, saying: "The lights are off, it's a surprise attack, it's loud, dark and confusing." Colonel Reinert then added, "He had ample time to blend back into the chaos that he had caused."

Sergeant Akbar, 32, is accused of rolling three grenades into three tents on the night of March 23 and lingering in the darkness to shoot fleeing officers. An Army captain and an Air Force major were killed; 14 others were wounded. After being apprehended, Sergeant Akbar, a combat engineer, was charged with two counts of premeditated murder and three counts of attempted premeditated murder. If a court-martial is held, he could face the death penalty. The last time the military executed a soldier was 1961.

During the hearing, at which 30 witnesses testified, defense lawyers tried to lift the lid on the darker side of Army culture. Several soldiers testified that, in the weeks leading to the attack, Sergeant Akbar worried about his comrades "raping and plundering" Muslim civilians. Some said he was "scatterbrained" and "incompetent," and after an episode of throwing karate chops while sleepwalking he was nicknamed "Crouching Tiger."

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/21/national/21GREN.html?ex=1056772800&en=7b6b34242de6a23c& amp;ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12