Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/07/2005 11:52am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    *hmmm should I drive down to Benning to harass garbonzobean? Nay he went infantry so he's an obvious DUMBASS!!!*
    Hahaha I would be honored to be harassed by the one and only Evil Asia. I haven't been on Bullshido long enough to know what your MOS is (or even which branch).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter H.
    Be careful, I aced the ASVAB and went in as Security Forces (after I missed the cut for the PD). I got all sorts of crap trying to push me into other jobs, from them saying my eyesight wasn't good enough (had to pay for an independent optometrist to refute the claims they guy at MEPS made) to being dicked around with at MEPS buy the contract monkey and the old perv doctors, to finally being called unfit for combat because I got depressed when I was 13 freaking years old (a decade before I went in) and given the option of cross training or taking a discharge.
    Thankfully everyone at the MEPS was fairly nice, besides the Navy guy that got mad at me for laughing when he put the small blood pressure cuff on my arm (even after I warned him not to) and the cuff flew off my arm and hit the wall. Nobody tried to dick me on anything there. I am not expecting everything to go exactly like it is supposed to, but nobody has done anything to make me distrust the Army yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2005 12:27pm

Style: Judo, Brazilian Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are jinxing yourself by saying that. There are two types of lies you deal with in the military CONSTANTLY at every stage of your career:

1. Deliberate lies meant to get you to join, get a certain MOS, omit or put something in your contract, etc.

2. People giving you information when they actually don't know anything about what you are asking them about. This is not deliberate, but they can still ruin your day just as bad.

rawr

Posted On:
    8/07/2005 2:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man, 8 pages and only 3.75 actually pertain to this fraud.
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

Posted On:
    8/07/2005 2:46pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Year Zero
    You are jinxing yourself by saying that. There are two types of lies you deal with in the military CONSTANTLY at every stage of your career:

1. Deliberate lies meant to get you to join, get a certain MOS, omit or put something in your contract, etc.

2. People giving you information when they actually don't know anything about what you are asking them about. This is not deliberate, but they can still ruin your day just as bad.
    Look man, enough is enough. I GET IT! THE MILITARY IS NOT ALWAYS HONEST!!!! GUESS WHAT? I KNEW THAT BEFORE I JOINED! I DID IT ANYWAY! THUS FAR EVERYONE HAS BEEN PROFESSIONAL! STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE PLEASE!

Seriously, maybe this should be split off from the real thread. I really apologize for derailing this thread, as it appears to be a prime candidate for a Bullshido write up. Please, anymore comments to me about my adventures with being in the DEP should be via PM, or you can start a new thread on how you obviously had a bad experience with the armed forces.

Posted On:
    8/07/2005 4:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a difference between not going by the book and a company commander entering a building that has not been secured(and possibly not even reconnoitered). I could see that Platoon leader POSSIBLY being that stupid but the company commander? You KNOW that story is total bullshit.
    It may be, probably is, but I don't KNOW that. It is not unheard of Marine officers to lead from the front - it all depends on the context. I don't know the details here so I can't discount the possibility out of hand.

**** man, the man in my avatar was known to heading the charge as a battalion commander. Some people think its reckless behavior - others call it leadersip.
    Last edited by punchingdummy; 8/07/2005 4:41pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:12am

Style: Judo, Brazilian Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by punchingdummy
    It may be, probably is, but I don't KNOW that. It is not unheard of Marine officers to lead from the front - it all depends on the context. I don't know the details here so I can't discount the possibility out of hand.

**** man, the man in my avatar was known to heading the charge as a battalion commander. Some people think its reckless behavior - others call it leadersip.

There was a time before the Vietnam war when some officers did lead from the front. But then again there are a lot of situations where high echelon officers found themselves in heavy combat when their positions were being overrun ala Guadacanal.

I still think the story is a bit off(you remember his thing with the straight from Marines to SEAL bit right?). I think you have suspicions about it too. We all have seen how dangerous MOUT is. I think our investigator should try to get more details about this entry. Starting with was our subject IN the initial entry team.

Just for the hell of it, he should ask him what SEAL stands for. That sounds real innocent so as not to tip him off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 10:23pm

Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just another Royce BB I get to tap. I already had the BB here in Tampa too scared to even get on the mat with me.

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 10:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a time before the Vietnam war when some officers did lead from the front. But then again there are a lot of situations where high echelon officers found themselves in heavy combat when their positions were being overrun ala Guadacanal.
    Yes, I remember the original story. Yes, the BS meter was registering.

However, the points you keep trying to make are misplaced. Officers still do lead from the front, at least at times. I know this to be the case in the Marines, and would like to believe it is still the case with much of the Army. There was a well publicized article a just few weeks back of a Marine officer LEADING a counter-assault through a trench line in Iraq. **** happens in chaotic environments, especially asymetric warfare, and having an officer lead an entry team is not out of the realm of reality. Not textbook, but I woudn't be shocked.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112