Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 3:30am

Style: Empty-Hand Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he pbly paddels his legs like em dancer/acrobats on the heavy bad (and still gets hurt!!!)

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 9:56am

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by j416to
    Thousands and thousands of reps, lets see.

2000 kicks at 1 second each = 33.33 minutes of non-stop Muay Thai round house kicks

2000 kicks at 2 seconds each = 66.66 minutes of non-stop Muay Thai round house kicks

Arbiter = Little Bullshitter

It's obvious, you don't even train Muay Thai.
    i didnt say thousands of reps all at once you dingbat. over the course of time we've never encountered problems is what i was saying.
    i don't train muay thai. never have, never said i did. happy to fight against mt anytime though. :qleft5:

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 9:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shams
    Arbiter cut the crap ......you know nothing so dont make up **** to get this poor boy's shin even shittier. As for you "shitty-shin-boy" stick with your MT and oneday miraculously your shins will feel no more (is that a good thing).I haven't gone to that stage yet cause it still hurts when I roundhouse someone's knee,elbow or just crash into their kicking leg with mine but give me their ribs,hips and i can pbbly go on for hours ;) :wrestlerb
    i know plenty. i would destroy you.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shams you're one to talk, you make up stories about street fights and babble on with nonsense about how your instructor bit you to get out of a Kimura. You also told him to take calcium pills....

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 1:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Arbiter....i don't train muay thai. never have, never said i did. .....[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't be giving people advice about how to deal with Muay Thai injuries, when you've never even trained Muay Thai.

Mouth guards and head gear are for your benefit, but gloves and shin guards are meant to protect your sparring partners.

If a person joins a Muay Thai club and finds themselves with sore shins, they should either suck it up because the pain is normal, or if the pain is really bad, they should stop sparring and spend the next 4 months kicking a heavy bag, until their shins are conditioned.

Wearing shin guards will not save them from this pain, in fact will only delay their shin conditioning. That's one of the reasons why a person should NEVER wear shin guards while kicking Muay Thai pads or a heavy bag.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 2:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by j416to
    You shouldn't be giving people advice about how to deal with Muay Thai injuries, when you've never even trained Muay Thai.

Mouth guards and head gear are for your benefit, but gloves and shin guards are meant to protect your sparring partners.

If a person joins a Muay Thai club and finds themselves with sore shins, they should either suck it up because the pain is normal, or if the pain is really bad, they should stop sparring and spend the next 4 months kicking a heavy bag, until their shins are conditioned.

Wearing shin guards will not save them from this pain, in fact will only delay their shin conditioning. That's one of the reasons why a person should NEVER wear shin guards while kicking Muay Thai pads or a heavy bag.
    Fair enough. No i don't do MT. For MT specific advice, sure listen to MT experts.
    And its obvious (i hope) that the kid who asked the question should follow the advice of his coach and doctor. But he asked the question on an open forum, maybe he's interested in a range of methods but he should still ask his coach about any advice.

We do train lots of leg kicking and deal with a lot of the same issues as MT guys though. And we do spar with plenty of MT people and have ringfights against MT people. But yes, we do things differently, and he should ask his coach.

As far as the drills go, we do a lot of interactive partnered drills in certain classes where we have equiptment including shins on the whole time, and some drills require doing reps on thai style pads along with push ups or squat-jumps, things designed to gas you, mixed in with more technical interactive drills like kick catches and takedown, different hand and leg combinations, or certain interactive controlled sparring drills, but not full contact sparring, thats a separate class. We also do leg tempering and have pretty tough shins but injuries still happen. Sure we all want shins like marble asap, but If you have a bone bruise and can't afford the time off from training, then I don't see why its such a problem to make the impact more blunt for a while. Training solo with a injury like that i wouldnt wear shins kicking pads or bags, i would just minimize the pain by kicking lighter with that leg or away from the bruise. But with partnered drills you can't control things as much, so padding is nice if youv'e got an eye-watering pain-button on you shin somewhere.

There have been times when I or other team fighters have been pretty banged up and I find that the shingaurds do help and enable one to keep training thru a welt on the shin better than bare shin, at least for certain drills. Sometimes you don't want to 'just take time off', although of course this is the best way to heal if you can do that. If you or a training partner has a fight coming up, we train thru it while adding some padding to take the burn off, a long term conditioning plan won't help if training for something two weeks away. Maybe youve felt something different, but it has worked for us.

And the ice thing, maybe i made is sound like you hold it in one place the whole time.. i keep it moving and massage the area, lay off if it when its to much, but then continue rubbing when you can (thats what i meant by keep going) i didnt mean burn a hole in your leg. I would have no problem explaining this to people in person at our gym, but youre probably right, sometimes its too hard to explain the details or circumstance on a forum with a quick post.

In rereading the original post, i see the guy is new at MT and yeah its probably a whole different particular circumstance than what i was talking about, I was recalling certain things that me and other team fighters feel better in that situation, things that have helped, *in our experience*. Thats all.

Yes he should just suck it up as some of you guys said.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You forgot the [/covering my ass] tag. Otherwise the BBcode won't work.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 2:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [/covering my ass]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2005 4:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    Shams you're one to talk, you make up stories about street fights and babble on with nonsense about how your instructor bit you to get out of a Kimura. You also told him to take calcium pills....
    Yea I'm So D3Sp3r@te that I'm gonna make up a whole story for attention . And if you are so out of brain cells to understand in my KImura thread that I was just trying to know if my technique was wrong cause he can bite (biting doesn't get you out of a kamura unless a nice guy like me is gibin it).And what the HELL is wrong with taing calcium pills instead of milk huh ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2005 5:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter
    i know plenty. i would destroy you.
    Another one trying to prove whose penis is bigger. :icon_puke
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast