Sponsored Links Spacer Image

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/30/2005 7:35am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Japanese doesn't have a v. Nor can you represent "brysheya" in Japanese.

And your Japanese is ****. Nice "nohongo".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 11:00am

Style: Empty-Hand Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    Japanese doesn't have a v. Nor can you represent "brysheya" in Japanese.

And your Japanese is ****. Nice "nohongo".
    My Japanese is bad .Exatly what I'm trying to prove here . So give me the GODDAM words in ENGLISH PLEASE . :emo:

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho
    Even soft hits through my foam shinguard are excruciating.
    Foam shinguards? If youre using foam point fighting style shinguards get rid of them and get yourself some real shinguards. For max protection while training, especially if youve got a shin injury, get some big ass 'Twins' shin guards or the equivilent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho
    I don't want to take a week off to let it heal, though. Is there anything I can do to minimize the pain, toughen it up, or make it heal faster?.
    As was said, get plenty of calcium & vitamins, take ibuprophin before training, wear shinguards during all drills until it gets better, including kicking bag and pads, not just sparring.
    after training, rub bruise out with ice. try filling dixie cups full of water and freezing, then hold cup and massage bruises with ice, rub it in until melted even if it feels too cold. at night when sleeping wrap cold pack around bruise.
    After it feels better start to temper it lightly then increase as you can take it.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 3:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kudo / Kyokushin / FFS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter
    try filling dixie cups full of water and freezing, then hold cup and massage bruises with ice, rub it in until melted even if it feels too cold. at night when sleeping wrap cold pack around bruise.
    If you are going to use ice DO NOT do the above. Use ice yes but have the ice there for no more than 20 minutes, wait an hour then apply again for 20 minutes etc.

Keeping ice on for extended periods of time will injure the area that you are applying it to, do not go overboard and make the injury worse than it already is.

:boxing:
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

This forum is getting downright retarded.
    - Osiris

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....wear shinguards during all drills until it gets better, including kicking bag and pads, not just sparring......
    DO NOT DO THIS!

Shinguards should not be worn while you're kicking a heavy bag or Muay Thai pads. You should only wear shinguards when you're sparring, or when you're acting as the blocker, during kicking drills.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 4:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's that? Oh, your shins hurt?

WELCOME TO MUAY THAI, COCKSUCKER.
    Last edited by feedback; 8/01/2005 4:22pm at .
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 9:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These things have worked for me the people on our team for years. I'm not suggesting to go give yourself frostbite, just regulate it so you don't go overboard no big deal. Of course you have to be careful and use your head while doing it and self regulate. We do it because we get good results, if we were injuing ourselved we wouldnt do it again.

We often wear shinguards while doing drills that include kicking thai pads. Thousands upon thousands of reps, been training this way for years with much success. Works fine. We normally wounldnt wear while kicking heavy bag, but i have before while nursing shin soft spots, of course you wouldnt lay into like that while it hurts anyway, but better than not being able to do that at all.

I stand by my suggestions.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 9:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeez, you'd think i advised him to chop his nuttsack off...

Ice massage and wear good shinpads more than normal for a while, really not that big a deal...

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2005 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We often wear shinguards while doing drills that include kicking thai pads. Thousands upon thousands of reps. .....

Thousands and thousands of reps, lets see.

2000 kicks at 1 second each = 33.33 minutes of non-stop Muay Thai round house kicks

2000 kicks at 2 seconds each = 66.66 minutes of non-stop Muay Thai round house kicks

Arbiter = Little Bullshitter

It's obvious, you don't even train Muay Thai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2005 3:27am

Style: Empty-Hand Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Arbiters Crap

These things have worked for me the people on our team for years. I'm not suggesting to go give yourself frostbite, just regulate it so you don't go overboard no big deal. Of course you have to be careful and use your head while doing it and self regulate. We do it because we get good results, if we were injuing ourselved we wouldnt do it again.

We often wear shinguards while doing drills that include kicking thai pads. Thousands upon thousands of reps, been training this way for years with much success. Works fine. We normally wounldnt wear while kicking heavy bag, but i have before while nursing shin soft spots, of course you wouldnt lay into like that while it hurts anyway, but better than not being able to do that at all.

I stand by my suggestions.
    Arbiter cut the crap ......you know nothing so dont make up **** to get this poor boy's shin even shittier. As for you "shitty-shin-boy" stick with your MT and oneday miraculously your shins will feel no more (is that a good thing).I haven't gone to that stage yet cause it still hurts when I roundhouse someone's knee,elbow or just crash into their kicking leg with mine but give me their ribs,hips and i can pbbly go on for hours ;) :wrestlerb
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast