Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    8/04/2005 10:03pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow you managed to get both your impressions of MT AND TKD completely backwards to real life.

1. Don't diss the MT wall of defence. There's a lot more blocking technique to be found there than in any TMA, and they're all effective.

2. Saying that TKD stylists try to kick had with no technique is completely retarded. You've got it backwards; TKD stylists generally have great technique but kicks that hit like paper (rough comparison and horrible generalisation).

3. MT technique is simple, idiot-proof, and powerful. TKD technique tends to be more tricky but has more variety.

If you were going for the stereotype first impression thing, you got it completely wrong.

Both styles don't do much in the way of self-defence, but as I see it a lot of "self-defence" training out there is bullshit anyway so you might as well learn to use your shin as a weapon. And contrary to common belief this happens in both TKD and MT. If you've got a good WTF or ITF school there that isn't too pushy about contracts, go for it. Generally though, the MT class might be fun, if more challenging.
    Last edited by lifetime; 8/04/2005 10:23pm at .
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/04/2005 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Self-defense techniques are crap. End of story. NEVER buy into them. You will NEVER encounter a situation where you can block 1 strike of an attacker and then unload on him while he stands by in the same stance he punched in.

Take Muay Thai, end of story.

PL
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345