We eagerly await your report...

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man, you got played bad... temple kung fu is a predatory business with no substance to their training what so ever. its not real martial arts, let along real kung fu. pisses me off because its places like this (and so many others...)that give kung fu a bad name.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you should take them to court.
    if you paid on credit card you may be able to stop payment based on fraudulant transaction on their part.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 2:48pm

Style: Shaolin Kung-fu, FMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I go this off their site, this is just trajic.

http://www.kungrobics.com/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 4:02pm

Style: "TKF"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. I have lots of ideas about how to deal with this now - it seems pretty clear that this is one of the only schools that follows business practices like this. I'm looking forward to putting this behind me and starting my training somewhere else.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to hold off on scanning the contracts until all of this is resolved, because I'm not sure what the implications of doing that are and if it would damage my position in any way. Sorry about that to the folks who wanted to see, but hopefully I can give you guys some information once this is all over and done with (which hopefully won't be too long from now!)

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by celticdragon03
    I go this off their site, this is just trajic.

http://www.kungrobics.com/

And here I didn't think it was possible to make a shitty, less effective version of tae-bo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 8:58pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm an ex-TKF student, the training is crappy, I told them over and over that we need full contact sparring to weed out the sh**. They didn't listen, apparently in the 70's they were pretty hardcore, full contact, no equipment people would walk out of a sparring session bruised and bleeding. Something happend though, they went "mainstream" and softened up + added all kinds of weird lineage crap to draw in suckers.

TKF is decent in terms of a workout and on the plus side you don't get injured in terms of learning how to fight though your time would be best spent elsewhere. You're definately making the right decision in leaving. $1500 would have lasted you 2 - 3 years so its not the worst deal, its just retarded how you have to pay up front. Plus they will continuously try suck money out of you in other ways. Their instructors get paid roughly nothing, they get treated like crap, I've heard stories of them being shipped accross the country at a moments notice only to sleep on the floor. Most of them are newbs but believe it or not i've seen some guys with skill! Eventually most of them come to their senses and from what I can tell a lot of them have become police officers or moved into other martial arts. Like I said for some reason some of them do seem pretty tough but they'd probably be even tougher if they trained somewhere else.

Anyways with time and patience you can get your money back. You just have to be proactive, it took me around 10 months to get mine back but in the end I received a full refund. Anyways I gotta head back to Vancouver, when i get back I'll fill you in on how I got my $$$ back. For now make sure that under no circumstance do you step foot in the studi for any other reason than to get your money back, i.e. do not train or attend a single class.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    So what if you were to become manpregnant? Do you get an abortion and eat the baby?
    I'd have the baby and give it to His Holiness the Dalai Seng Shih, Grand Master Simon as a gift.

Oh, by the way, that is his real title.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 9:17pm

Style: TSD, Kung-Fu, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey xxx23, **** happens. I'm sorry your first MA expierence had to be like this. Take the other commented advice, learn from your past mistakes and problems, and move on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 9:34pm

Style: none anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxx23
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. I have lots of ideas about how to deal with this now - it seems pretty clear that this is one of the only schools that follows business practices like this. I'm looking forward to putting this behind me and starting my training somewhere else.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to hold off on scanning the contracts until all of this is resolved, because I'm not sure what the implications of doing that are and if it would damage my position in any way. Sorry about that to the folks who wanted to see, but hopefully I can give you guys some information once this is all over and done with (which hopefully won't be too long from now!)

Yo, the first thing you need to do is go to the States Attorney's office and file fraud charges.
    Take some of the things from the internet about others bad experience, and regarding your dealings.
    If the contract was not in good faith, it is invalid. Could they actually teach you at a higher level? Nope.
    This is one reason so many frauds in many industries continue, because noone does what needs to be done.
    File charges, and if you only want your money back, it may help get it sooner.
    Why are you listening to them when they tell you they are going to assess a charge per class? Tell them to screw off, and they will soon be dealing with the State Attorney.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast