Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:50pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    I won't be doing any comps this year. Need to get promoted to blue belt first. Long story.
    *Blank look* That is epically gay.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 5:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    *Blank look* That is epically gay.
    Fortunately I'm reasonably intelligent and can hopefully put forth an explanation that you won't find to be completely fagtarded TM.

In 2009 I started training bjj. I was promoted to blue belt in like 6 months. I can tell you this. I'm no prodigy at grappling and to be blunt I pretty much suck a fat cock at it. So I never felt like I earned or deserved that blue belt. Shortly thereafter I quit training

Fast forward to this about June of this year. I walk into a new gym wearing a white belt, tell them I have a "few months" of training and never mention having previously been a blue belt. And sure enough the blue belts are all kicking my ass up and down the matts.

Point is, if I show up as a white belt to a comp and I win then my old gym accuses me of sandbagging. Now personally I would not care what they call me but I won't have them leveling those accusations at my gym/coach. Particularly since it would blindside my coach as I never said **** to him about a blue belt.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 10:32pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fully understand. Remind me to tell you about the tournament everybody accused me of sandbagging.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789