Posted On:
    7/26/2005 8:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ever have your training ruined....

by an "expert"?!

I recently spent some time in Missoula, Montana because of my job. While there, I contacted DogPound Jujitsu club to get in some training. They had a couple of fighters getting ready for a cage fight within the next 3 days so they didn't train too hard. However, I did get to train with one of the fighters. He was a decent kid, with a couple years of training and going for his first MMA fight. I didn't get to really roll with him, but I did roll with the instructor of the class that day and others. The club was training at a Judo club in Missoula that day, as they have no place of their own and travel around different buildings and locations.

Anyway, while rolling with the instructor, some older japanese fella kept giving me advice on what I needed to do. He was telling me to ankle lock from my opponent's guard, go for kneebars while mounted and other "interesting" things. At first I figured that the guy was the judo instructor of the school we were guests at. I kept thinking "those judo guys have no clue about the ground". Anyway, about 20 minutes into rolling, the jap guy left. The instructor of the BJJ class asked me if I knew that person. It turns out that neither of us knew him. It was just some asshole off the street that was checking out the club.

I wish I knew that, because then I would've not been so polite to him and asked him to "show me" how to do such things that he was advising me to do. It only takes one, one asshole to make training less enjoyable. Regardless, though, I had a great time with the Dog Pound and would recommend anyone in Missoula area to traing with these guys.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 8:37pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been knocked out 2 weeks in a row by an actual expert boxer that loves body shots, God how I fucking hate him.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 8:46pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken

Anyway, while rolling with the instructor, some older japanese fella kept giving me advice on what I needed to do.
    You should have yelled at him in Japanese. Scream "DAME DAME!!!!!" and shake your finger disapprovingly at him.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 8:57pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does Dame mean...
    yes I'm pathetic...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 9:02pm

Style: thugjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by an "expert"?!

I recently spent some time in Missoula, Montana because of my job. While there, I contacted DogPound Jujitsu club to get in some training. They had a couple of fighters getting ready for a cage fight within the next 3 days so they didn't train too hard. However, I did get to train with one of the fighters. He was a decent kid, with a couple years of training and going for his first MMA fight. I didn't get to really roll with him, but I did roll with the instructor of the class that day and others. The club was training at a Judo club in Missoula that day, as they have no place of their own and travel around different buildings and locations.

Anyway, while rolling with the instructor, some older japanese fella kept giving me advice on what I needed to do. He was telling me to ankle lock from my opponent's guard, go for kneebars while mounted and other "interesting" things. At first I figured that the guy was the judo instructor of the school we were guests at. I kept thinking "those judo guys have no clue about the ground". Anyway, about 20 minutes into rolling, the jap guy left. The instructor of the BJJ class asked me if I knew that person. It turns out that neither of us knew him. It was just some asshole off the street that was checking out the club.

I wish I knew that, because then I would've not been so polite to him and asked him to "show me" how to do such things that he was advising me to do. It only takes one, one asshole to make training less enjoyable. Regardless, though, I had a great time with the Dog Pound and would recommend anyone in Missoula area to traing with these guys.
    Maybe it was Inoki?

That sucks hopefully dogpound gets there own place, happens from time to time better off ignoring it like you did.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 9:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever.

I give the dogs at work BJJ advice all the time. For some reason, they never go for the RNC even when it's RIGHT THERE! They are more into collar chokes than joint manipulation. But still, I like to try and add some expertise to their game.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 10:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dame- Stop, or Screwed up/Broken.

Dame desu nee- It's messed up/wrong.

Dame!- Stop.

Dame re (I think that's a close romanization.)-Shut up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 10:31pm

Style: Ryokukai Aikibudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I remember correctly TK has no problems with the Japanese language and probably knows what Dame implies.

My advice would've been to respectfully ask the gentleman to demonstrate his technique.

You might learn something.

Either way, go out for a beer later and talk MA.

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 11:42pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kept thinking "those judo guys have no clue about the ground".
    boo! Boo!!!!!

jap guy
    boo! Boo!!! No racial slurs please…

I recently spent some time in Missoula, Montana because of my job
    Yheee! My best Friend is from Missoula Montana. Beautiful country…

So you lose two points. One for saying Judoka know nothing “nothing” about the ground, and another for using the word “Jap.” You gain one point for visiting Montana. So your thread score is –1.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 11:48pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just glare at people like that till they shut up. I am a red sash in glare-fu.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Page 1 of 21 1 234511 ... LastLast