Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:05pm

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doctor Shaft, do you believe the official TSD history?
    Hm.

I guess if I say, "No," then the reply would be, "If you can't believe the write up of a 2000 year old history, then how they heck do you believe all the other crap?"

Or I'm just overthinking the purpose of your inquiry.

Short answer: I'm skeptical, as the official history of TSD that I was given was rather crash course. "Memorize the kingdoms and dynasties, and the dates BC in which they occur, remember the Muyodobo... ah I can't spell it, book, and the elite warrior class from which our art probably descended... yada yada."

I see no reason why they woudl embellish it... at least the portions are learned about, but then again, I did mindlessly accept it as it really wasn't that important an issue.

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:06pm

Style: SBD, Prying Mantis Kung-F

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Sigh...

Do you just watch television and the people that come out of one church you happen to know and/or had been involved with, and then decided that indeed you've absorbed the entire purpose/structure/practice/tradition of Christianity.

Just because you see people practice it one way or the other way, doesn't make it right.

If I go to a crappy McDojo and see people practicing TKD in tournament style, does that mean TKD simply sucks, and there are no serious TKD schools or methods anywhere?

How about if I go to see this guy who says he trains people seriously in Muay Thai, BJJ, or anything else that gets billed as "serious" on these boards, and the guy turns out to be training everyone wrong. Does that mean that Muay Thai, et. al., are crappy martial arts, or does it mean that someone just isn't expressing the principles correctly?

And yes, the typical "mindless" game. "You read and follow the Bible. It's mindless magic games. I read philosophy or stories written by other people, and because those stories are real, written by real people, and can be verified, that means I'm not mindless.... oh, but I follow their advice and stuff."

Come on. You want to call religion absurd, false, etc., go ahead. But the term Mindless (TM) is the most over-used trump card in discussion... EVER. Are there mindless Christians? Yeah, sure. Just as many of those as there are mindless martial artists, mindless philosophy readers, mindless science geeks, and anyone else who joins or follows or makes the core of their life some group or ideology, religious or not, with little or no thought or questioning or opposition or struggle involved. They just are. I can be mindless with any hobby.

To say that anyone who believes in a higher power or something beyond material, simply "hasn't thought it out enough" is just silly."

Sigh...

First off, you usually know someones in trouble on these forums when his messages are that long and one-sided. And, the reason that you are mindless is that you believe in a giant invisable man in the sky who created humans to follow 10 big rules. And if you break these rules, you stay in a fiery hell for eternity. Fairy tale ****.

If god exists, then who created him? Mindless question, is it? I will probably get a mindless answer.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shaft
    Hm.

I guess if I say, "No," then the reply would be, "If you can't believe the write up of a 2000 year old history, then how they heck do you believe all the other crap?"

Or I'm just overthinking the purpose of your inquiry.

Short answer: I'm skeptical, as the official history of TSD that I was given was rather crash course. "Memorize the kingdoms and dynasties, and the dates BC in which they occur, remember the Muyodobo... ah I can't spell it, book, and the elite warrior class from which our art probably descended... yada yada."

I see no reason why they woudl embellish it... at least the portions are learned about, but then again, I did mindlessly accept it as it really wasn't that important an issue.
    2000 year old TSD desended from Hwarang -you see no reason why they'd embelish it????? So you're one of these informed Christian sorts keen to defend Christian Karate heh?????...... I bet they can't slip anything past you...
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When will Jesus bring the pork-chops?

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pork is forbidden! Book of Leveticus.

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:13pm

Style: Byakuren Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Pork is forbidden! Book of Leveticus.

HEY! You can sentence me to hell for all eternity (endless taebo class) but you take away my pork and I'm choppin up your whole damn family!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:15pm

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, you usually know someones in trouble on these forums when his messages are that long and one-sided. And, the reason that you are mindless is that you believe in a giant invisable man in the sky who created humans to follow 10 big rules. And if you break these rules, you stay in a fiery hell for eternity. Fairy tale ****.

If god exists, then who created him? Mindless question, is it? I will probably get a mindless answer.
    Ah, yes, I'm one-sided. But coming out and saying straight off, "Christianity is mindless, and is about hatred" is one of the most balanced, thoughtful and new opinions ever expressed by man.

That's why I'm sighing.

I'm not here, nor do I wish to entertain, a discussion of religion and/or the validity of Christianity. This is Bullshido, and by the rules of Bullshido, religion of all forms are already pretty much declared officially... Bullshido. So there's really no point in our discussing it. I can't meet Bullshido requirements to make any convincing arguments, and that doesn't hurt my feelings a single bit.

Your questions concerning origins, and why this and why that are nice, but again, all the old hat discussions that people have been discussing ad nauseum now for ages, up to this very day. We're not going to get anywhere having it here, and you know it.

My only complaint was that the straight off dismissal, "You're mindless... oh, and you hate fags, and want them to burn," is what irks me. Firstly because that simply isn't true of all followers, and secondly because it wreaks of the very one-sidedness that you accuse me of.

Let me just state my opinion again.

Think God is a fairy tale. Fine, no harm done. Say so and be happy.
    But following it up with the over-generalized and often repeated mantra, "And Christians constantly sit in their pews, worrying about fags, their friends burning in hell, and how to better let everyone know how much they hate hate hate, and that includes this Karate school" is just childish. It's like saying, "All Muslims are terrorists!" although admitedly in far less threatening or scary terms.

PS: No, I'm not claiming persecution, so let's not go that absurd route either. :laughing9

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know something? I think if there was a God, he would be embarrased by all this worshipping and publicity.
    " Get off your knees you friggin suck-up and do something useful with your life!"
    I doubt a god could be arrogant enough to accept worship. He wouldn't be evil either. If there was a god who created this Earth, I would call him an underachiever.
    Love,
    Spondo

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:18pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, here we go again. Well, I'm personally offended. As a Christian I always wonder why almost any school you see that teaches "Christian" martial arts is usually Krotty. My Bible doesn't say anything about having to practice useless pretend arts. I should start Christian JKD. Eh, the Kali stuff probably wouldn't go over well.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Savatuer
    If there was a god who created this Earth, I would call him an underachiever.
    Classic!

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast