Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:55pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree Savatuer, about everything you said.

"This nation was founded on Christian principles, if you dont like it, maybe you should move to canada."

You're correct that it was founded by a christian offshoot. Christianity might even still be the most widespread religion here. But guess what? There is a LARGE percentage of Americans who are not christian. The basis of our country is freedom of religion (as well as other things). If you think America is a christian country, you're aren't much of an American.

My problem with Religion, is that people don't realize it is not a modern idea. Religion is not needed anymore and should be dispensed with. It was created because we needed a way to explain the mysteries of the world. It conveniently created divine right of kings, alchemy, all that other stuff Savatuer mentioned. However, in this modern age, we can explain more and more about the world, and science DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS a lot in religion.

Some more of my reasons for hating religions. The very fact that there are multiple religions, each believing in something different, means that if any single religion is correct, then the majority of the world will be burning in hell or whatever the punishment is for not believing in that religion. And as for christianity (or any monotheistic religion), why would you want to believe in an all-powerful being that created humans specifically to worship him? The entire religion is about getting people to worship and become slaves to God or else they burn in Hell for eternity. And, don't forget that there is absolutely no proof (or ever was) that God exists. So why would anyone believe this stuff unless others believed it first? We wouldn't. It simply paints too pretty a picture of death for everyone, for it to die itself.

And homophobes (or any prejudiced people) in this day in age are just sickening. If you believe God created everyone the way they are, then God created Gay people. Why would he create a group of people he specifically hates? It just makes no sense whatsoever. In fact none of it (religions in general) does. At all.

End of rant. I hate religion. Christianity is a pretty damn annoying one. It has no place exerting its moral values on martial arts. Leave us be, damnit!

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Lem" won't prove he's who he wants us to assume he is.... hmmmmm.....
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see how you can have mainstream Christianity coexist with a place like Bullshido. The former encourages blind faith in things that cannot be tested in any scientific way. The other is full of people who demand proof of claims, whether outrageous or not.

Bullshido bills itself as fraud-busting. And there is a lot in Christianity that constitutes fraud.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lem
    Poop-Loops, why do you say that? "Divoid of reason or thought"? I see a lot of great reason and thought from the bunch in this thread :rolleyes: Y'all just like to spam.
    Because I've only met one Christian who actually thought for himself. He's a good friend of mine. He doesn't go spouting why he's better than others, or how others should live their lives. He just does what he thinks is right, no need to force others to do the same. That's why I like him.

You all (note, two words "you" and "all", not "y'all"), on the other hand, are hypocrits and sheep. "God loves everyone. Oh, you're a fag? Then you can burn in Hell, he doesn't love you." That's hypocricy. Now let's move on to the sheep part.

"Why does God hate fags?"

"That don't matter, Bubba, he loves everyone! Except for fags, of course. Don't question him, for it's impossible to understand."

"Shouldn't we at least try to--"
    "NO! You have SINNED for even thinking that. Now go, GO and pray, PRAY that Jesus forgives you for thinking like a fag!"

So basically, the conversation goes like this:

"Why do you do "such and such"?"
    "I dunno... everybody else does it."
    "Why do they do it then??"
    "I dunno."

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:57pm

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christianity building character!?! Won't you become just another mindless Christian. Christianity doesn't build character, it builds hate and comformity.
    Sigh...

Do you just watch television and the people that come out of one church you happen to know and/or had been involved with, and then decided that indeed you've absorbed the entire purpose/structure/practice/tradition of Christianity.

Just because you see people practice it one way or the other way, doesn't make it right.

If I go to a crappy McDojo and see people practicing TKD in tournament style, does that mean TKD simply sucks, and there are no serious TKD schools or methods anywhere?

How about if I go to see this guy who says he trains people seriously in Muay Thai, BJJ, or anything else that gets billed as "serious" on these boards, and the guy turns out to be training everyone wrong. Does that mean that Muay Thai, et. al., are crappy martial arts, or does it mean that someone just isn't expressing the principles correctly?

And yes, the typical "mindless" game. "You read and follow the Bible. It's mindless magic games. I read philosophy or stories written by other people, and because those stories are real, written by real people, and can be verified, that means I'm not mindless.... oh, but I follow their advice and stuff."

Come on. You want to call religion absurd, false, etc., go ahead. But the term Mindless (TM) is the most over-used trump card in discussion... EVER. Are there mindless Christians? Yeah, sure. Just as many of those as there are mindless martial artists, mindless philosophy readers, mindless science geeks, and anyone else who joins or follows or makes the core of their life some group or ideology, religious or not, with little or no thought or questioning or opposition or struggle involved. They just are. I can be mindless with any hobby.

To say that anyone who believes in a higher power or something beyond material, simply "hasn't thought it out enough" is just silly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:59pm

Style: Byakuren Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blindgod
    I don't see how you can have mainstream Christianity coexist with a place like Bullshido. The former encourages blind faith in things that cannot be tested in any scientific way. The other is full of people who demand proof of claims, whether outrageous or not.

Bullshido bills itself as fraud-busting. And there is a lot in Christianity that constitutes fraud.

Wow glad I'm not a christian and that you guys don't hang a hammer and some spare nails.....!

PS Have you checked out tshirthell.com? Some great anti chris-shirts....

PPS I don't hate jesus....Its some of his followers that piss me off

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doctor Shaft, do you believe the official TSD history?

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:01pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Christian Karate Association believes self-defense is something God necessarily allowed in His Creation because of sin. The God who put the quills in the porcupine, the scent in the skunk, and the venom in the viper, caused King David to say in Psalms 144:1 “Blessed be the Lord my strength, who teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.”

NOW WE FINALLY KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE DEADLY EYE GOUGE!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:04pm

Style: Byakuren Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosimony
    The Christian Karate Association believes self-defense is something God necessarily allowed in His Creation because of sin. The God who put the quills in the porcupine, the scent in the skunk, and the venom in the viper, caused King David to say in Psalms 144:1 “Blessed be the Lord my strength, who teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.”

NOW WE FINALLY KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE DEADLY EYE GOUGE!

Holy ****!! God created dim mak!!! We are so screwed for makin fun of bloodsport and all those other deadly guys...arrrhg !!
    <runs screaming head first into nearest wall> :new_shock

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God (the christian one) CREATED the Hindu gods?

just die already.

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast