Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IP banned already....
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:41pm

Style: TSD, Kung-Fu, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "You know why God had His people destroy other nations in the OT? Because those nations would sacrifice their firstborns by melting them in a pot. Their daughters would have to serve as prostitutes in pagan temples.

It doesnt take a genious to figure out that the more we turn from God, and Gods laws by turning to homosexuality and such, that more disease arises, broken families, you name it.

This nation was founded on Christian principles, if you dont like it, maybe you should move to canada. "

Actually, it takes a moron to figure out that stuff. Homosexuality is not choice. Also, if you are talking about America when talking about Christian principles( this website goes all a round the world. Yes, it is true, the "Miracle Box" is available all over), you should remember how we wiped out almost every NA to found it. Even when our missionaries bullshitted them into believing, we still killed. What did the Indians do? They were not waring animals. They respected and honored. They believed that killing was not important in war. Chirstianity is wrong, but I can't wish hell on you because hell does noty exist.

Why do you believe in everything your parents taught you? They don't seem educated. They aren't kings.
    You know what religion has given us? Divine rights of kings, alchemy, genocide, racism, hate, war, stupidity.

Don't give me that smiley crap, and " there's kids on the forum". That's just censoring.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. Religion is wrong, to sum it up. All religion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:45pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I smell a megathread.

I've seen Christian Karate people at tournaments, and I always hope someone will have a slogan on their gi from the movie "Dead Alive",

"I kick ass for the Lord."

That would just make my day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bet Canada is alot better than this shithole. Christianity has no place in MA.

Oh, by the way, what is the differance between Christianity and Catholosiscm?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:46pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry Kickcatcher, I will not post that.

Poop-Loops, why do you say that? "Divoid of reason or thought"? I see a lot of great reason and thought from the bunch in this thread :rolleyes: Y'all just like to spam.

The Christian Karate association has been an awesome tool for building character in peoples lives. People come in with weak minds(and bodies), after a month, we start seeing awesome change. Kids start standing up for those that cant help themselves, they learn to serve others, they become hard workers.

Why would you want to tear something like that down? I see more character and honor come out of the people in the CKA, than most of the secular schools. Half of our students arent even "Christians".

We took Karate and made it better.

Goodnight. :glasses3:
    Last edited by lem; 7/25/2005 7:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: Byakuren Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Savatuer
    Religion is wrong, to sum it up. All religion.
    Ouch, while I'm not christian and I have no patience for the self riteous all knowing war mongering bastards that make up that portion of the christian faith, I wouldn't say its wrong.....unless you mean wrong to mix with MA. THEN I totally agree. No MA is bound to any one religion/belief system, although hopefully the instructor offers a non-religious based philosophy....we don't wannabe just a bunch of low kickin thugs...oh wait thats me....um. Well you know what I mean

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, come on, since when did "Christianity" = pacifism. That's bunk, and you know it. Pulling the "Thou shalt not kill" line is eqully fallacious. Even if you don't have a more accurate translation and explanation available to inform you that the commandment does not say, "Never take a life... ever," you'll of course note that God commands his people to kill opposing nations, or sends his own chosen to kill those who would harm or overtake others.

If King David is considered a fine warrior. If Samson is given the strength to destroy armies.. then at some point a reader would pick up on the fact that kill=murder, not kill=never take life ever. :)

If you want to say people are fooled/tricked into believing the religion, etc., fine. But saying that millions of people never picked up on a "thou shalt not kill" confusion... that would miraculous proportions of oversight that you, and only clever you, picked up on. :wave:

My point... don't be so hard on people.

Anyway, I've heard of a number of "Christian" martial arts schools. The basic premise, at least as far as I can tell, has never been "Christ power gives us kick butt." It's merely a group of fellow Christians training in martial arts. That's it. No more traditional or mystical than any other schools of a traditional formula. No dogma that says, "Kick butt for Christ."

Just people that openly profess Christian faith while training, wheras elsewhere you would not have that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The Christian Karate association has been an awesome tool for building character in peoples lives. People come in with weak minds(and bodies), after a month, we start seeing awesome change. Kids start standing up for those that cant help themselves, they learn to serve others, they become hard workers. "

Christianity building character!?! Won't you become just another mindless Christian. Christianity doesn't build character, it builds hate and comformity.

Nice thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:51pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "We took Karate and made it better."

There's your answer.

It's an arrogance that I personally can't stand. And I have nothing against religion itself, and, believe me, people from other religions can be just as arrogant if not more. Still though...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 7:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Ouch, while I'm not christian and I have no patience for the self riteous all knowing war mongering bastards that make up that portion of the christian faith, I wouldn't say its wrong.....unless you mean wrong to mix with MA. THEN I totally agree. No MA is bound to any one religion/belief system, although hopefully the instructor offers a non-religious based philosophy....we don't wannabe just a bunch of low kickin thugs...oh wait thats me....um. Well you know what I mean"

It seems harsh, I know, but me must look at reality rather than fiction. We must find strength within ourselves rather than in invisible beings.
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast