Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2005 11:13pm

Style: Boxing (sumasshu hige)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's not forget the whole point of martial arts is technically to kill people when you didn't have your killing implement handy. All "sportfighting" was originally designed to develop BETTER killers.
    Except for maybe Judo, that's true. And it means you fucking better have a handle on the assholes you are teaching or you are negligent. In the Army, they call this Military Ethics, and they have endless boring lectures on Laws of Conflict, and Rules of Engagement. If you don't have Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, or a fucking nice grove of trees in the woods to guide them, you better teach them the Criminal Code and the Charter of Rights. If they **** up and misuse the technology you gave them (in exchange for fees) then the responsibility is yours.

Also, Did anybody say something that sounded like "I need your permission to be a christian martial artist"? Sorry if all of you were mislead, it's really not required.

For the record, I'm a cynical secular humanist. I'm an atheist, but recently have begun to doubt my faith.

Note: assholes is just a word I use interchangeably with "people", not an attack on you or your club. Sorry bout that.
    Last edited by Fat Bastard; 12/27/2005 4:17am at . Reason: Seems a bit more harsh than intended

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 4:25pm

Style: Boxing (sumasshu hige)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Moreover, pinheads

Quote Originally Posted by Savatuer
    I love pancakes and hyrup.

You know who was a Christian? Adolf Hitler. Go on with your biblical garbage.
    Perhaps you try to invoke Godwin's law?
    Let us first attempt to resolve this digression with some informal logic. The we can return to discussiong the quality of MA instruction among the zealots.

Even if you can show me the "first cause", you demonstrate only that god is unnecessary, not that god does not exist.

The clear existence of evil only makes the existence of god, in the form in which he is presented, unlikely. Perhaps omnipotent beings are simply beyond your ken.

By analogy, The existence of Sasquatch is unlikely, but all I can say is "I never seen him", and "the people who have seen him been in the bush too long".

The above post in particular illustrates the risk of overgeneralization.

There exists a christian who murdered millions.
    Therefore all christians are ethically challenged.

There exists a non-christian who is a fucking idiot.
    Therefore all non-christians are fucking idiots.

Do you see the problem with these arguments? Maybe not.

All your post proves is that it is not the case that all christians are good, and it is not the case that all non-christians are non-retards.

Finally, like my dear old mom used to say - If you don't have anything nice to say, then shut your fucking cakehole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 11:14am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karate was a non christian martialart, how comes the christans can sink so low as to take up an art of the infidels. Even taking yoga classes is disliked by the christians they said that teaching yoga is a method of introducing hinduism from backdoor. As soon as I get the link of this news I will provide it.

In the begining of this thread someone from Christian karate wrote that we (christians) made karate better, but how can religious teachings make a martialart better is beyond my understanding.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 11:34am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BWUHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Another of these threads

BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stupid christians
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 10:27am

Style: Goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always wondered why Chinese were not CC'd in on a copy of the 10 commandments by God.

you'd think a God would be able to communicate to each and every person ...maybe He screwed up and is responsible for the clic-ishness and exclusionary nature of religion....and MA styles.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 10:42am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always wondered why the chinese seemed to not have noticed the global flood that only Noah and his family survived.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 11:59am

Style: Shaolin Kung-fu, FCS, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PO9
    I always wondered why the chinese seemed to not have noticed the global flood that only Noah and his family survived.
    Cause there was no global flood....? :fish:

This debate seems kinda pointless...but all religion debates are and they never get anywhere and each side is too stubborn to budge! That being said- wtf?? christian karate....well at least it's funny...
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829