Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2005 7:16pm

Style: JTKD/ARNIS/BJJ/km

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a christian and I fight. I pray at home, at church, before lunch, at the bedside of the sick,and anywere I am standing if some asks for it. I do not expect any one to join me just because. If anyone attacks me, my family,or i see an injustice that I can help correct, I will defend (i corny ha). If you have read the the Bible good for you. If you have studied it better. If you research, analyzed, disected, placed in its time context, done the mission work, joined the armed forces and studied MA for more than 15 years then you probably understand the diference between a christian and the conceived christian religion. The concept of christian karate is a K-mart product name to help SOME people with a narrow understandings of MA and it's practices. Yet it opends a new market to expolit, but you need not to be afraid I dont expect any christian to fly any planes into buildings or supress any country. You are most likely going to get your but kicked by gay body builder a the down town club than your neighborhood pastor.

Posted On:
    7/27/2005 7:55pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Satanic Ninjitsu vs. Christian Karate...
    Man...they would absolutely kill each other... that would be like the pay per view fight of the century...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2005 8:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that would be cool ,but just imagine Jesus when he cleared the temple with a whip aka the the true "Whip Master" or Peter choping a cop's ear off to protect Jesus and Jesus is like chill bro I got this...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2005 9:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Year Zero
    If it were just about labeling the group so that like-minded people can get together in order to practice their common hobby, that is fine. But like I said, and I have almost two-decades of experience in this, they commonly try to bring the religion INTO the hobby itself.
    Bring christrian religion into MA . Its more about expanding on good values, disipline,moral responsability, self esteem building from a Biblical point of view. I have not seen any CMA instructor tell thier student "accept Jesus as savior now or i'll side kick you to hell". As in any MA take what works for you...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2005 11:04pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lm2
    Bring christrian religion into MA . Its more about expanding on good values, disipline,moral responsability, self esteem building from a Biblical point of view.
    The problem many people would have with this line of thought is that good values and self esteem aren't really essential to the purpose of MA. They might even distract for more important principles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 12:13am

Style: Judo, Brazilian Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lm2
    Bring christrian religion into MA . Its more about expanding on good values, disipline,moral responsability, self esteem building from a Biblical point of view. I have not seen any CMA instructor tell thier student "accept Jesus as savior now or i'll side kick you to hell". As in any MA take what works for you...

Let martial arts be martial arts. I know this should probably be a new thread soon, but take Karate for Kids as an example of what is making martial arts SUCK in the eyes of the general public. K4K isn't even Christian or religious at all. A friend of mine wanted to teach his youngest kid some discipline, and K4K was offering that. But then he goes down there and they are offering MORE than just discipline! No they also teach "MORAL VALUES", and "RESPECTING ADULTS"! He said he was teaching them moral values just fine, however he could not teach them MA. He saw kids with patches on their gi for doing their HOMEWORK, and he also saw an 11 year old girl with either a purple or brown belt.

Now his kids do great in REAL MA because I found them an excellent BJJ/MMA place that teaches MMA/style tactics to kids as well as adults(with all the necessary safety equipment that entails).

Let's not forget the whole point of martial arts is technically to kill people when you didn't have your killing implement handy. All "sportfighting" was originally designed to develop BETTER killers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 1:26am

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i think enough stupid off-topic posts have been made in this forum on satanic ninjitsu this or vanilla VS. chocolate that. but as long as SOME of us at least got the point of this, something good came out of my thread.

No longer a Kaju-Critic

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 4:16am

supporting member
     Style: Kajukenbo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this whole thread needs to be moved out of bullshido and into another forum. It started from "Christian martial arts" to "religion is a fairy tale christianity is a fairy tale" and it has nothing to do with bullshido. Its a martial arts forum, and the BULLSHIDO section is for martial arts. To me this thread went off topic at about page 2-3.

Posted On:
    7/28/2005 6:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    19 pages and THIS is what we have ?

* shoots himself *

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 1:45am

Style: Kung Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLuv
    And the fact that such a cataclysmic event is reported in other cultures only confirms that it happened.
    Post the vids.
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29 LastLast