Our Sponsors:

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:34pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe in God because my life experience has told me he's there. I have no physical proof that I can point to and say "Look God Exists!" For many of us it is a matter of faith. Personally, I believe it will always be a matter of faith since people have been trying to prove God does or doesn't exist for thousands of years now with not much to show for it. You either believe or you do not.

And don't scientists agree that it's physically impossible to prove something doesn't exist? (something like that)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:36pm

Style: TSD, Kung-Fu, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, what was the incident.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:37pm

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was raised a Catholic. But, I personally believe in God because I think the Bible and Church teaching is true, and is in good sense. I have recognised God's work in my life and in others, and seen how it can change lives for the better. However, I don't like how some people can take a religion and give it a bad name, which has happened all too much in Christianity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What incidents in your life prove God exists?!?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:48pm

Style: Russian boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    This is simple.....what are now the top of mountains, through a little thing called plate tectonics, were once the ocean floor. At least, thats my understanding of it.
    Ok sure.

Plate tectonics, however, is a slow process that does not allow fossilization to occur. .During the period, fish would just have croaked and decayed due to many factors I won't outline--swim to the ocean floor and you won't see any fish fossils. The only only probably answer that fish fossil is rapid sedimentation, which can be caused by cataclysmic events such as volcanoes..and uhmmmm...big floods.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My personal experiences are not too impressive to make any converts. And things that happened to others, they are mostly either personal experiences and I can't really remember anything specific. However, I do remember hearing stories of people visiting the Vatican and praying and such, and their rosaries turned to gold (I don't know how much merit there is in those stories however). There are many accounts of people healing unexpectedly and rapidly after they were prayed for, when doctors couldn't figure out what happened. One particular priest at a recent mass I attended talked about how his drunkard and womanising brother was in a horrible accident which left him in a coma in the hospital. The doctors said that due to his condition he will either die in a couple weeks or become a vegitable. This priest prayed for him, and later that day he had a rapid full recovery. The doctors couldn't find out what happened. After that, his brother reconciled his life and became a good person. He has died since then, though, I think due to health from all his drinking from before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:50pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We certainly can't prove that god or anything else DOESN'T exist. We CAN prove that the bible is not infallible. If the bible contains even one mistruth (and it has many inconsistencies and impossibilities) then the bible cannot be relied upon as an absolute source of truth to which one can attribute faith. This means that anything you believe as a christian is at best a subjective truth and nothing you believe can be seen as black and white, wrong and right. This doesn't necessarily invalidate christianity but it cripples your ability to make pretty much any moral arguments as all christian mores are derived from the bible.

EDIT: I understand that this doesn't apply to catholics as they have other sources of divine truth from which to draw upon. Still, without the bible as "infallible", much of the christian rhetoric becomes questionable logically.
    Last edited by xingyifa; 7/25/2005 9:53pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "My personal experiences are not too impressive to make any converts. And things that happened to others, they are mostly either personal experiences and I can't really remember anything specific. However, I do remember hearing stories of people visiting the Vatican and praying and such, and their rosaries turned to gold (I don't know how much merit there is in those stories however). There are many accounts of people healing unexpectedly and rapidly after they were prayed for, when doctors couldn't figure out what happened. One particular priest at a recent mass I attended talked about how his drunkard and womanising brother was in a horrible accident which left him in a coma in the hospital. The doctors said that due to his condition he will either die in a couple weeks or become a vegitable. This priest prayed for him, and later that day he had a rapid full recovery. The doctors couldn't find out what happened. After that, his brother reconciled his life and became a good person. He has died since then, though, I think due to health from all his drinking from before."

Those don't really prove anything. Certain conditions make things happen. Haven't people healed amazingly without prayer? To bad people even.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:52pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not a Christian, but one of my favorite movies is The Apostle. Duval is an incredible actor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 10:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Savatuer, I'm sure it's happened, and in this particular case, it was a "bad person". He was the "bad apple" in the family I guess you could say. And I know it doesn't prove much. It's more of a reaffirmation of my faith. I do remember now that back in the learly 1900's, the Virgin Mary appeared to some children and revealed some predictions, that were later divulged to the Pope. Among them were WWII and that there was going to be an assassination attempt on the Pope (which happened when Pope John Paul II was shot). I believe this was at Fatima, Portugal (if not, that was the site of another vision of the Virgin Mary). It was validated.
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast