Sponsored Links Spacer Image

software engineer

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 7:05pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they were all equally athletic, and actually good athletes, then I think I'd give it to the Karate guy or the Tai chi guy, as long as it was taichi taught in a "use this technique this way in a fight," not taichi dance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 7:13pm

Style: TSD, Kung-Fu, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'd pay money and skip work to see this. Hell, I would get a plane and fly to the event. I think I can afford Hooter's Air. I would have little ready cash, but that would be okay because I would not need to buy or change clothes. I would just wear the pants I'm wearing now, Vibrating Khakis. I am NEVER taking these of, and I'll kill any man that tries....
    As for the fighters, I think the winner should have have the privilege of getting the **** beat out of him by all the real UFC Hall-of-Famers. At the same time. We could also have guys from the nearest MA school or fightclub to go over and beat up the losers and to help the Hall-of-Famers. I just hope those MA school guys practice Kendo. One can only hope.
    As for the video script idea by Year Zero, I could write it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 7:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "If they were all equally athletic, and actually good athletes, then I think I'd give it to the Karate guy or the Tai chi guy, as long as it was taichi taught in a "use this technique this way in a fight," not taichi dance."
    Who said anything about Karate? Are you talking about the mcdojo guy? If you are, you should knowe that he is only a dancer. As for equally athletic, they would be. Most of them are old and fat. They should all be over 55, although if one guy's a wuss and under 55, we could make an exception.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 7:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We could also include Hsing and Pa Kua. They are similar to Tai-Chi and have some combat reference. Actualy, I heard that Pa Kua has alot of good foot work and palm heel strikes. Maybe we should leave that out.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 7:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Savatuer
    All of those arts are , remotely, releated to fighting. Pilates was developed as an exercise system for soldiers. Jazzercise has some kickboxing in it. Tai Chi and Yoga are sometimes considered martial arts, with a huge emphasis on the art and healing. Some Yellow Bamboo guys want to summon strength.
    Wrong. Pilates was not developed for soldiers and is not by any stretch of the imagination a fighting art. Jazzercize may have kicks in it similar to "aerobic kickboxing" but it isn't actually kickboxing and like pilates is not in any way a fighting art. Once again, yoga is not a martial art and is in no way a fighting art.

You must be really bored. I wonder what would happen if we took an elite rock climber, elite marathon runner, olympic swimmer, professional basketball player, and an olympic slalom skier and made them all fight each other in a MMA event. Your question makes about as much sense.

Oh, and the loser should get his or her ass kicked by Chuck Lidell and a bunch of local BJJ students. Why? For not being a martial artist. Never mind the fact that none of them ever claimed to be martial artists. The mere fact that they aren't makes them bullshidoka and deserving of a good ass kicking.
    Last edited by lawdog; 7/23/2005 7:41pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 7:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Wrong. Pilates was not developed for soldiers and is not by any stretch of the imagination a fighting art. Jazzercize may have kicks in it similar to "aerobic kickboxing" but it isn't actually kickboxing and like pilates is not in any way a fighting art. Once again, yoga is not a martial art and is in no way a fighting art.

You must be really bored. I wonder what would happen if we took an elite rock climber, elite marathon runner, olympic swimmer, professional basketball player, and an olympic slalom skier and made them all fight each other in a MMA event. Your question makes about as much sense"

Actualy, pilates was made as an exercise system for soldiers. Bed-ridden soldiers for rehabilitation. That's still for soldiers.As for jazzercise, I actualy just forgot to put in the aerobic part, but that is still an off shot of real kickboxing. As for yoga, it can condition the body and make the body flexible for fighting. Elite yogis have great discipline, like what some martial artist want to achieve. They are all, REMOTELY, related to fighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 7:39pm

Style: Judo, Brazilian Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Savatuer
    "If they were all equally athletic, and actually good athletes, then I think I'd give it to the Karate guy or the Tai chi guy, as long as it was taichi taught in a "use this technique this way in a fight," not taichi dance."
    Who said anything about Karate? Are you talking about the mcdojo guy? If you are, you should knowe that he is only a dancer. As for equally athletic, they would be. Most of them are old and fat. They should all be over 55, although if one guy's a wuss and under 55, we could make an exception.

The Karate can be something stupid like Karate 4 Kids or something. We also need to convince a practicioner of SHEH to fight. Phil may be smart enough to know that his crap doesn't fly, but he's got to have a follower out there that wants to be a badass.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 8:03pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** jazzercize.

it's all about THE REAL mousercize, and mickey's gonna **** you up.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 8:21pm

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SEEN IT ALREADY.

Spoiler:

EDIT: HRMM WELL THAT SPOILER SURE FAILED.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 8:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That spoiler is fake, and I doubt that Mr. Mcdojo has a chance in hell at winning anything.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast