Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 3:08am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meager
    My guess is pretty much any boxing coach would be happy to toss you in the ring with one of his top boxers if you walked in talking **** about boxing.
    Yep but not many boxing coaches will do this for legal reasons.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 3:18am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&page=13&pp=15

Bloods vs everyone, man that **** is funny.....for you meager, last post on bottom.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 3:40am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint punchy!?

As far as lateral footwork goes... there is nothing wrong with doing this... it is just that at point blank fighting range stepping sideways is bad.

PS:Typical WC (e.g. VT) has plenty of jabs... if anything it suffers from a lack of a cross.
    No it's not bad, moving around and to the side of your opponent is very advtangeous, any boxer or experienced fighter will tell you this.

WC doesn't have what a jab is. It has a strike with the lead hand, but not ideology in using the jab as a fly swatter, or a fencer's foil to do a variety of things.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 3:53am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu

This is a staged demo but this guy is real good!

http://www.wingtsuncantabria.com/descargas13.htm

Wish this was better resolution, the last kick is awsome.

No that really sucked. Yes I'm going to telegraph and start off with a right cross from three feet away. This is not what fighting is. This is not what a trained fighter would do at all. Again more WC bs. Also Chi Sau is WORTHLESS for fighting. Any WC practicioner worth his salt will tell you this. Hell I had Duncan Leung tell me to my face CS is crap.

Another thing WC has no defensive head movement such as the slip. ARRG WC is not the greatest MA ever.

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 4:09am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    I just realized that your name is another name for Gandalf...

PL
    It is his original name, his real name, before he traveled from the Undying Lands to Middle Earth. One must be a true Tolkien fan and aficionado to notice it…

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 8:43am

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't really want to get caught up in this, but it should be pointed out that there is a lot of bad information on both sides. WC people should stop with the excuses. Just train, spar, and shut up. Anti-WC people should perhaps take in to consideration that every WC school isn't complete crap. Are there a bunch? Probably. And the best way to tell is if they give you the "it's too deadly to spar routine."

I do want to say that no one who practices WC should use the "it's too deadly to spar" excuse. Just because the art teaches throat strikes, eye gouges, et cetera doesn't mean you have to use them when sparring. You should still have plenty of other techniques at your disposal. Last time I checked WC had punches and kicks. Rely upon positioning, uprooting the person, and just punching and kicking the daylights out of the person you are sparring.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 9:19am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (I think it was) Jaguar Wong who said it best in another thread:

If you claim you don't spar because you can't jab somebody in the eyes, then in a real fight how are you going to land an eye jab if you can't even land a proper strike to the face against a fully resisting opponent?

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 10:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    Also Chi Sau is WORTHLESS for fighting. Any WC practicioner worth his salt will tell you this. Hell I had Duncan Leung tell me to my face CS is crap.
    Chi Sau is not for fighting, it is for conditioning. It is for learning the Moves safely. Just as "telegraphed from 3 feet away" won't do anything, starting touching hands doesn't either. Both are training and demos......AARRAGG!

Well if Duncan Leung told you it was for fighting, and it sucked, he would be right about being wrong. but I bet he also said it is not for fighting to begin with.

In every martial art I have done, the moves are learned slowly with cooperation with partners, as a pattern, then in the better ones the pattern is Randomized. Then you spar to put it into a skill set. Only boxing seems to have your learn to hit on bags and in Air, then just go box each other (I could be wrong).

Nothing about the second Vid I linked to Conan :XXbuzzsaw

Don't try to make me defend the deadly skills :razz: :new_smile ....but a Jab or solid hit with a glove will not do as much to stop someone as jamming your fingers down their eye socket. I totally agree that your could spar with people to show them stuff. I have done it, but sometimes people just won't believe a chop to the base of the skull or a neck crank will do anything, so they keep coming for a tackle, or you do jab them and they keep coming , ignoring that their eye could be ruptured, or they say the old, "but I could go harder too" exuse, just like _ing__un says.

:occasion1

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 11:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    WC doesn't have what a jab is. It has a strike with the lead hand, but not ideology in using the jab as a fly swatter, or a fencer's foil to do a variety of things.
    That is just plain ignorant. Wrong, try harder.

Jab becomes pak
    jab stays forward to hit again
    Jab parry mulitiple strikes (snaking in)
    jab pins with Jut

i could go on......

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I have done it, but sometimes people just won't believe a chop to the base of the skull or a neck crank will do anything, so they keep coming for a tackle, or you do jab them and they keep coming , ignoring that their eye could be ruptured, or they say the old, "but I could go harder too" exuse, just like _ing__un says
    So sometimes you spar with people and you try WC techniques, but they don't work ?

Is this because you're going soft, or because you have gloves on ?
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast