Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:02am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I did read on here that the bloods in New york are big Wing Chun fighters, maybe someone should go challenge them :bduh: (Joke)
    I'm pretty sure the Bloods in New York are big on shooting people and not so big on training anything at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:11am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I think _ing__un avoids sparring with walk ins cause they got everything to lose and nothing to gain. If you can't talk with them and show them what you teach, then soft sparring ain't gonna prove anything either. and if the walkin has a point to prove, you risk getting hurt, and they have no intrest in being a student anyway.
    Not many people of any style ... I dont care if your MMA, BJJ, karate-do, WWF, whatever... will do a NHB style fight against anyone walking in off the street. If they say they do then they are talking ****. The legal ramifications of it are too serious if you kill someone. Thats not saying that people won't roll with, or spar with people off the street, or that they wont fight them in the ring, if the style is in support of that, if sufficient planning has gone into it.

At the WC club I used to go to the Sifu would spar with people from off the street. He had a very loud and intense laugh -- just loves the biff I guess. Anyway I remember one time this guy came in off the street, and him and Sifu had a spar. This guy might have done boxing or MT or something, but he wasn't good. His footwork was very bad. Anyway the new dude kept on intensifying it. Kept throwing swinging hooks and haymakers and Sifu was blocking them and trying to show him that he was open without hurting him. Anyway this guy still didn't get it... kept getting more and more intense (perhaps it was the laughing)... and at the end Sifu was doing three things blocking, showing him that he was open to a hit, and then holding him up cos his balance was so bad, then the new dude would throw another punch, etc etc heheheh. With the laughing as well it was quite funny.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:14am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Punchy, I believe Osiris did a walk-in challenge to a BJJ school. He admits to losing, also. So I think it happens. Also, the Gracies did walk-in challenges and taped them too.

I think you are teh incorrect.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    This whole thread makes me feel so lucky that I fell ass backwards and blind into a no bullshit sports style MA with a good coach! I often wonder where I would be if I had chosen a no sparing, too deadly, RBSD, 8,000 year old, eye poking, groin kicking, excuse for a martial art.

Come to think of it…I do know what would have happened…Dai-Tenshi would have found me and choked me back into reality!
    Judo rocks. I actually find WC quite good for Judo. I'm only a Judo newb (white belt) but I can **** with people who try and get a good grab on my gi and get a better hand grab position than them. Also I get told by everyone that I am hard to throw, which I put down to being used to avoiding being swept and thrown in WC sparring. Also I'm lucky enough to have been trained as much left as well as right sided which is a big bonus.... otherwise I'm too newb at Judo to say anything other than it rocks.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:16am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    The boxer has to change his whole game because a grappler WILL get into grappling range and WILL take it to the ground. The boxer has to change his stance and style to avoid being taken down.

I see your point and it's definately valid. But BJJ guys spar with walk-ins all the time, so that people know that their **** is real instead of saying "Grand Master Gracie once defeated 2395872358 ninja! It must work!". However, WC'ers either don't spar PERIOD, or when they do, it tends to look like ****. Then, when you point it out, someone is quick to yell "That's not the real WC!!" So where is the real WC? Do you have it? Show me.

That is bogus information.

PL
    I agree with what your saying, but Gracie system is sport oriented, so they don't have to change their game much with walkins. I agree completely that this is a great advantage, to be both good as sport and effective on the street.

You cann't take in a walkin and try to knock them out, chop their neck, neck crank, or throat clip. At least not in my State :tongue8: Not saying too deadly or anything, but the injury risk is high.

Show you what? I have posted links before. I will try to find the link.

Meager, you gotta read this other thread, it is the funnist thing I have read on here, about Bloods doing Wing Chun,....anyone got the link

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    Punchy, I believe Osiris did a walk-in challenge to a BJJ school. He admits to losing, also. So I think it happens. Also, the Gracies did walk-in challenges and taped them too.

I think you are teh incorrect.

PL
    This was more tournament level BJJ sparring than a NHB style fight though right?

But if not I'm happy to stand corrected.

This might be more possible for grappling styles -- can you imagine if a boxing coach offered this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:25am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My guess is pretty much any boxing coach would be happy to toss you in the ring with one of his top boxers if you walked in talking **** about boxing.

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Failed video link attempt, see below.... :new_rainf
    Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 7/24/2005 2:58am at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:45am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO, they work, there's a spam blocker that keeps you from posting big links. Use the "Go advanced" option, highlight a word in your post, and hit the button that looks like a planet and a link of chain, then follow the prompts.

This recipe produces perfect links, serves 6.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.wingtsuncantabria.com/descargas19.htm
    just for fun

http://www.wingtsuncantabria.com/descargas1.htm

http://www.wingtsuncantabria.com/descargas2.htm

about as close to real combat as I know of on video of WT, but still just demo and training...

This one is real slow but shows technique

http://www.wingtsuncantabria.com/descargas8.htm

This is a staged demo but this guy is real good!

http://www.wingtsuncantabria.com/descargas13.htm

Wish this was better resolution, the last kick is awsome.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast