Posted On:
    7/23/2005 2:15am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    **** the knife, gimme a gun.

No. That would be a horrible idea. You'd. . . try to cook it, or pull the trigger in a six second candence over and over until your finger got TOTALLY HOOJ or something.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 2:37am

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    **** the knife, gimme a gun.
    Sounds painful. I think I'll pass.
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 5:20am

Style: combat centres

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't get the footwork in wing tsun (from what i see of the ggm leung ting clips and the crazy euro wt sparring). It looks very ungainly compared to everything else out there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 9:21am

Style: PersonalDefenseReadiness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... dont bother with the footwork - as with every other crappy and unrealistic stuff it goes straight out the window if **** hits the fan ... ok, you can bet, that afterwards the WT guy will tell you, that this might not have looked like WT, but he used all its brilliant principles... but hey ... what did you expect ... that he admits that he just did some poor kickboxing imitation like most untrained ppl. would have done ... no way ... :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 10:50am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne
    Sounds painful. I think I'll pass.
    She seemed to like it.

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/3/cannib...h_a_knife.html

PL

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 10:58am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on. I said AM was gonna cook a gun. Nothing? Jeeze, tough room.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    No. That would be a horrible idea. You'd. . . try to cook it, or pull the trigger in a six second candence over and over until your finger got TOTALLY HOOJ or something.
    I don't do HIIT dammit.

I'd actually lighten the trigger spring, and mod it some more, it'd be totally sweeet. Like a ninja.

The joke was also lost on the young ones to this board.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you torture yourself with these threads bncwd.... :5propelle

As I said in a different thread, it is like campfires and Nuclear power plants. A Camp fire will keep you warm, is easy to learn to make, and is much more practical. A Nuclear power plant requires a high degree of inteligence to learn to build, goes way beyond what you need on a cold night, and Provides more than just heat, it runs whole citys.

Most MMA are just interest in staying warm on a cold night. Most _ing __un are people with Camp Fire Skills building Nuclear power plants. WT atracts people that are interseted in a highly technical combat system. We are intersted in more than just being warm on cold nights, we want to power whole citys.

Now when you have a high level WT as a teacher they can bring you up to speed very fast, by programing your reflexs. But these beginners can't explain it very well.

another misinterptrtation, that the fighting is done with the training moves. In action, people generally do not perform to the degree that they train. You can see this is parking lot fight videos, everything from any style gets sloppy. There are a couple schools of thought on this. One angle is to practice the moves as sloppy, the other is to go even more technical in training so your sloppy is actually exactly what you want. WT has a toe in stance in training, but in practise, you just use those adductor muscles, you do not see the "toe in" effect.

In the video section there is a Kung Fu vs Gangster vid. The Kung Fu looks just like a movie star untell the contact starts, the gangster just has natural untrained moves. When the contact starts, the Kung Fu guys loses alot of the refined quality of his moves, but he does a nice couple of evasions and smashes the gangster down to the ground. The gangster gets completly sloppy under all that stress.

So the goal of a TMA is to go beyond the limits needed so when stressed and you get sloppy it is still enough.

:glasses1:

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to foot work, whats the problem? You afraid of a little hard work?

You saying people should just walk natural and kick?

WT footwork is very functional, it just takes alittle practice. In the beginners program, it is fine to sidestep or just walk normal like everyone else does.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/23/2005 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Why do you torture yourself with these threads bncwd.... :5propelle

As I said in a different thread, it is like campfires and Nuclear power plants. A Camp fire will keep you warm, is easy to learn to make, and is much more practical. A Nuclear power plant requires a high degree of inteligence to learn to build, goes way beyond what you need on a cold night, and Provides more than just heat, it runs whole citys.

Most MMA are just interest in staying warm on a cold night. Most _ing __un are people with Camp Fire Skills building Nuclear power plants. WT atracts people that are interseted in a highly technical combat system. We are intersted in more than just being warm on cold nights, we want to power whole citys.

2.Now when you have a high level WT as a teacher they can bring you up to speed very fast, by programing your reflexs. But these beginners can't explain it very well.

3. another misinterptrtation, that the fighting is done with the training moves. In action, people generally do not perform to the degree that they train. You can see this is parking lot fight videos, everything from any style gets sloppy. There are a couple schools of thought on this. One angle is to practice the moves as sloppy, the other is to go even more technical in training so your sloppy is actually exactly what you want. WT has a toe in stance in training, but in practise, you just use those adductor muscles, you do not see the "toe in" effect..

So the goal of a TMA is to go beyond the limits needed so when stressed and you get sloppy it is still enough.

:glasses1:
    1. Give me a fucking break. WC is a flame retardant match. Lack of footwork (no lateral movement), lots of bullshit manouevers. The complete lack of a jab, no ground work, Chi sau, I can go on for days.

The only city you're powering is the one you built with Legos.

2. Train your reflexes to do what? Fok sau an incoming strike? Any MA should train your reflexes for such. WC takes forever to become combat applicable. MMA doesn't.

3. IF fighting isn't done with the training moves.. then why do them? Why not train to fight and stop wasting time? 95% of WC you'll never use in a fight.

The only things I use are the Jams, the elbow parry to break the fist, the thrust kick and arrow strike. I might occasionally throw in a shin blast to disrupt the opp's timing or gan sau a hook to just induce pain, but out of the 4 years of WC I've taken, I could have learned these things within one year and used them effectively in combat. Period. I don't need Chi sau, Lap sau, trapping, the 3 lame forms, the dummy or any inane impractical combat "defense" moves. As for your adductors, you can also use progressive resistance from weight lifting to achieve a better effect.

Ti faccio culo cosi e tuo WC merda. :icon_cool

-Cari Saluti
    Last edited by Equipoise; 7/23/2005 9:26pm at .
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast