232570 Bullies, 4035 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlebird
    I have never heard of such a rule in the first UFC. Source?
    It is an old story from when the Gracies wanted Emin Boztepe to fight in the event. He didn't want to fight other people to get to a Gracie.

I have looked online for a copy of the origional rules or fighter contracts but have never found one. If you could find one that proves different I would appriciate it. :eusa_thin

Maybe the UFC promoer agreed to pay damages? or maybe it was the fighters responcibility, to fend for themselves? It should be clearly laid out in the fighter contract, but I have not been able to find it online.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 4:53am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Man you just keep proving what I am talking about little bird! It has the potential to do serious damage, just as the takedown has potential to take me down. In this particular case, I also had redirected him into the floor with my other hand. I stopped it because to continue would be unrealistic. He would have gotten to fight on without any injury in a situation where the strike would have caused some. Even his friends that watched agreed he was beat. But he just wouldn't hear it. If I continued I would have done more elbows to the neck, and knee dropped to skull and neck.

ofcoarse it is theoritical! But the other guy, in this situation, was using the UFC as his be all proof. The fact that I had just beaten him he was ignoreing.
    You hadn't beaten anybody, you just paused a light-contact sparring session by saying 'Stop! that would've killed you!'. This is exactly the kind of stuff that gets mocked on Bullshido as 'too deadly for sparring'.

You guys keep ignoring the fact that everyone in the room except him agreed I had won.
    That's irrelevant. If you had actually been sparring in a realistic manner, he would have no grounds to argue over who had won.

I should try it full contact? So I gotta try to break his neck and cripple him to prove it works or doesn't? what if I does work? and what does going against college or high school wrestlers have to do with it? I am talking about one situation while sparring with a walk in to my gym, where I clearly beat a guy and he wasn't intersted in understanding why.
    The problem is that your definition of 'beating' someone isn't shared by many on bullshido. It's based on you shouting 'I win! I would have killed you!'.

I have an idea, lay down on the floor and let a friend do an pointed elbow drop to the back of your neck, with full power and body weight, in an honest attempt to break bone, and tell us about it.

:new_blueg
    I can make a lot of bad techniques work against a totally prone, compliant opponent, including overly complex wristlocks. It doesn't validate the techniques.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 4:55am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    It is an old story from when the Gracies wanted Emin Boztepe to fight in the event. He didn't want to fight other people to get to a Gracie.
    An old story told to you by whom exactly ?

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 9:27am

Style: Sabre/Rapier/Katana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just have to say that I'm amused that someone responded to my knife sword correction by admitting I was right.. Seems kind of self defeating all things considered.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819