223538 Bullies, 3719 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 2:43am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, how many fatalitys occured in Vale tudo period?
    second, deep in the brain is about 2 inches or less, not that "deep"
    third, how is that you tackle without having your neck up.

In my example, as the attacker dropped I put my left hand on the top of his head to push myself away and too side, and placed my elbow directly onto the joint between the skull and vertabra. He never even got close enough to tackle. If he had not stopped when I said stop, I could have also then sprawled, or just slammed him into floor and double knee dropped the back of head and neck.

skip the brainstem, ceralbellum if injured,

Observed Problems:

Loss of ability to coordinate fine movements.
    Loss of ability to walk.
    Inability to reach out and grab objects.
    Tremors.
    Dizziness (Vertigo).
    Slurred Speech (Scanning Speech).
    Inability to make rapid movements.

those are good enough for me.

as to connans picture, if you notice, the kick boxer has the opposite arms up and down, so yes, it did not work. Why do you continue to strawman me, do you even know what strawman means?

Meager, as in a competent grappler, i assume you mean the fake high, then drop in low with head back and upper body still vertical? These guys are real good and real fast, no doubt about it, and they can take a few punches coming in I am sure. you can try to thrust kick the hip/thigh area, or lift punch under the chin on the throat. You can just grab their head and put a thumb in each eye and twist, you can neck crank. You can also go with it roll back and leg hooks or open guard....there are alot of things. What do you do? go straight to the ground?

Dr. of nothing, it is just a username. I did earn 206 units at a University and I have a Bachalor of Science in Botany/Biology.
    Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 7/25/2005 2:46am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 2:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least I started a LONG thread....

....btw, I am not "torturing myself", I am having a lot of fun discussing bout these things.... and more than that reading all these posts....during break at work

still, to my original question: it seems to me that no other MA has the ability to start such a flame war as WT, right?

The strange thing of all this really is the fact that one thing which is criticized regarding WT is the selfish/cocky attituted of his practitioners and instructors: as a matter of fact I have never seen that during class, seminars etc. even when I first joined my school saying that I had kickboxing etc. background. WHat saw was a simple, respectful attitude which completely contrasts with what majority of you are saying. Didi you really experienced that kind of attitute or that's something you just read on the web?

As for WT/WC, we really do not have many WC school here, most of them are ebmas or ewto, so the lineage thing here is really not a issue.

And for the one saying those things in italian (dont' remember who did it, too many posts) , the grammar was a bit wrong...

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 2:55am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doc:

You are sounding incredibly full of ****.

Was this your right elbow? Did the guy have his eyes open? Was this a remotely competent attempt at a takedown?

Head up.

Head up

Head up, arms engaged

Neck hidden

And the impressive list of symptoms for brain stem trauma don't really speak to your ability to actually hit it.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 3:43am

Style: Judo, a tiny bit of bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know the death stats from early brazilian vale tudo. There were no deaths in the early UFCs, JVTs, EFCs, IVCs, WVCs etc. These events allowed everything but eyegouging and fishooking (and groin shots in some). We are talking hundreds of fights over several continents. All available on video. Plently of people tried elbows to the back of the head, elbows on the way down, chain punching on the way in, etc, all the 'anti-grapple' stuff that would supposedly save the day. It didnt work.

In my example, as the attacker dropped I put my left hand on the top of his head to push myself away and too side, and placed my elbow directly onto the joint between the skull and vertabra. He never even got close enough to tackle. If he had not stopped when I said stop, I could have also then sprawled, or just slammed him into floor and double knee dropped the back of head and neck.
    How can you not see the problem with this? You barely initiated contact, called 'matte', and then told him that he was seconds away from being seriuosly injured, lucky for him you stopped there!

This is the equivalent of me sparring with a stand up fighter, clinching with him, getting a body lock, then calling 'matte' and telling him "good thing for you I stopped there, I was seconds away from throwing you directly onto your spinal column, killing you instantly". Me saying it doesnt make it so, and vice versa.

Furthermore, in the scenario above, imagine for a second that I had never done a bodylock throw before, because it was 'too deadly' to practice in training. I might honestly believe that just executing the throw would be deadly, or at least end any fight. Now along comes a sport fighter, and tells me 'hey, you know that bodylock throw really doesnt kill people too often, people do it in wrestling and judo all the time'. I would have to be an idiot to willfully ignore this information and continue believing the throw was a near-fatal fight ender.
    Last edited by alittlebird; 7/25/2005 3:46am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 3:48am

Style: Judo, a tiny bit of bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    still, to my original question: it seems to me that no other MA has the ability to start such a flame war as WT, right?
    This is true.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 4:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christ, is someone AGAIN trying to make the street versus sport arguement? How many brain stems have you severed in training today?

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 5:56am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brainstem shrank a little bit from reading. Please attend a Throwdown in your area and get these takedown defenses on video against an actual shot. Otherwise, no matter what you say, we won't believe you. Ever.

And for the record, I have been elbow-pointed in the back of the neck while taking a single-leg. It was not pleasant, but did not make me release the leg or change the takedown. It also meant my partner was in a crap position when he landed and took more damage than he should have from a takedown.

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 6:51am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too DEADLY to show you at a throwdown! IS IT WORTH RISKING YOUR REPTILLIAN HINDBRAIN TO PROVE A POINT RARRRH. Im from Mars!

Camera. Video footage. Hologram. Upload. Us to view. Evidence. Otherwise just word speak. Fact, fact, FACTTTTT.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Johnny, thanks for the picks..the thrid one is very well executed, that is what I was discribing as good.

So nothing stops a good takedown, not punchs, elbows, kicks or eye gouges.
    We should teach them to the the military then....invincible.

Few people have died because noone is trying to hurt or kill eachother in the sport. Try a takedown on someone that pulls a knife once you commit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 9:48am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try a takedown on someone that pulls a knife once you commit.

so now u nead weapons?
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast