Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    That is just plain ignorant. Wrong, try harder.

Jab becomes pak
    jab stays forward to hit again
    Jab parry mulitiple strikes (snaking in)
    jab pins with Jut

i could go on......
    1. Is a boxing parry, still only works if there's a continous follow through of the strike and NOT what a jab is supposed to be. Otherwise you're basically checking the jab. The triangle footwork associated with pak sau is also worthless esp if multiple jabs are thrown. Still not what a jab is. Take a boxing class.

2. IT IS NOT A JAB. Please take a boxing class.

3. Your WC lead will not parry multiple strikes. WC defense sucks. Take a boxing class.

4. I would laugh if you tried to Jut sau a boxer.

Your standpoints are ignorant and show someone who has never been in a REAL altercation or fought against other styles. You talked about Jut sauing a strike FFS.

Only boxing seems to have your learn to hit on bags and in Air, then just go box each other (I could be wrong).
    Incorrect.

I didn't care enough to watch the 2nd video. That's why there's no comment. IT would have been the same pedant WC stupidity.

but a Jab or solid hit with a glove will not do as much to stop someone as jamming your fingers down their eye socket
    Yes, we use gloves in the ring, However I use MMA gloves when sparring with others of different styles. You can't practice the d34dly eye poke on people. Also chances are if you went for it you'd hit the top of the head or just get your hand broken by a deflection.

Go to an MMA gym, do your WC and then see how awesome it is.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    It is his original name, his real name, before he traveled from the Undying Lands to Middle Earth. One must be a true Tolkien fan and aficionado to notice it…
    If you were Mithrandir I would have known instantly, but for some reason Olorin didn't ring any bells for a while.

PL

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about Galstaff?

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 12:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does not compute.

PL

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "So sometimes you spar with people and you try WC techniques, but they don't work ?"

My WT has worked fine, but I will give you an example.

A guy came into my old school in Eureka, Cal and I knew him and his friends, he wanted to play around. We agreed to go full speed with gloves but not to try to damage each other, and that anyone could stop the thing at any time. He went for a low tackle and I controled his head and dropped a pointed elbow to the back of his neck/ brain stem. This was just before I would have even needed a sprawl. On contact I called stop. He thought he could take that hit and still tackle me. All the audience including his friends said no, you would be seriously hurt. He would not believe it. Then we went through the "But I would tackle harder, Those elbows to shoulder don't work in UFC"stuff. I elbowed his brain stem, not shoulder, as in UFC.

I have stoped tackles and open guards with kicks and cranks and I have been taken down and I have been made to tap. Its all good. My experience has been that people don't remeber that a stop kick knocked them down, but they always remember the time they made you tap,...so this is why I don't spar with strangers. Everything to lose and nothing to gain.

The gloves can get in the way because the chain punching and freeing hand require a small space to move through. This can be worked around though.

as to the jab stuff, Whatever, you have no clue......Like only the Hallowed Boxing jab will work, give me a break. So what are you claiming is a Jab then, Mr. Boxing Class? Wait, never mind, i don't care about your ignorant answers, since you are talking about WC anyway. We use a jab from the Dempsy falling step school of thought....

and the second Vid is awsome, you know it, and so to avoid commenting on it, you pretend to have not seen it......

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A guy came into my old school in Eureka, Cal and I knew him and his friends, he wanted to play around. We agreed to go full speed with gloves but not to try to damage each other, and that anyone could stop the thing at any time. He went for a low tackle and I controled his head and dropped a pointed elbow to the back of his neck/ brain stem. This was just before I would have even needed a sprawl. On contact I called stop. He thought he could take that hit and still tackle me. All the audience including his friends said no, you would be seriously hurt. He would not believe it.
    And he was right not to. Watch the first four or five UFCs and you can find ample examples of people being elbowed in the back of the head and spine while executing a tackle or double leg and finishing the takedown.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 8:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fatherdog, that was different. Dr._Tzun_Tzu has the REAL Wing Chun.

PL

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I elbowed his brain stem, not shoulder, as in UFC.
    Elbowed his brain stem.

That amuses me. I'm doubting it's even possible, without surgery.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 8:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously you've never seen the real WC.

PL

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 10:43pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have stoped tackles and open guards with kicks and cranks and I have been taken down and I have been made to tap. Its all good. My experience has been that people don't remeber that a stop kick knocked them down, but they always remember the time they made you tap,...so this is why I don't spar with strangers. Everything to lose and nothing to gain.
    The gloves can get in the way because the chain punching and freeing hand require a small space to move through. This can be worked around though.
    We have a thing now called video. We like it. It doesn't forget.

And the second video (I'm assuming you mean the second one from the top, not the one labeled '2'), Good, but not so great. For one thing, staged. You can see the phantom punches.

For second thing: "Oh, look, I can beat a slow axe kick to the target with a full speed front kick"

It's a lot of quite snazzy stuff, but it's nothing miraculous. It's par, if par. It's what a decent martial arts teacher should be able to do. . . which I admit, makes it better then the Wing Whatever I've seen.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 7/24/2005 10:50pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast