Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 8:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MT in NYC

So I am trying to settle on a place to do Muay Thai in new york city. I have visited a bunch of places. I do BJJ mainly, and thus was planning on only going once or twice a week.

That being said, I was at a place yesterday called 5pointsfitness (5pointsfitness.com). The facility was beautiful, they had a full ring, nice equipment, etc. One concern is that they have a ranking system, which in itself is not bad. However, they seem to only allow people to spar when they have their "blue" rank. Unlike in BJJ, there were a bunch of ranks before blue, I think white, yellow, green, and perhaps one more. Rankings are every three months according to a guy I spoke to who trained there. That would mean that I would not get to spar until 9 months after starting there, which seems a long time.

So, does anyone have any experience, there, or alternately can anyone suggest another place?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I might know someone. Let me PM you.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 2:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why thank you. How's New Orleans? I got my blue belt, finally. See, now this is still a martial arts thread.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 2:34pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be leaving New Orleans at the end of this month. It's been fun, since I've been in walking distance of the French Quarter, but it's relatively hard to eat healthy around here because everything is deep fried. New Orleans is one of the fattest cities in the US.

If you ever visit New Orleans, I'd recommend checking out the D Day museum. It's excellent.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29