Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 10:56pm

Style: Judo, a tiny bit of bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never understood where the impression that say Judo or MT or BJJ or 'mma' schools would teach kids 'the wrong thing' when it comes to self defense. I mean its not like the TKD school is going to have them doing wind sprints and long distance running to practice running away is it? They will tell them to kick to the balls and run, but if you CAN'T run, try X Y or Z. Why would the 'alive' schools be teaching something different? Are they going to tell the kid to square off and go toe to toe with the attacker? No they will tell them to incapacitate/distract, then run. If you CAN'T get away, try X Y or Z.

Put it another way - if we assume neither the TKD school or the 'mma' school will work the kids skill at running, and assume for now that the 'mma' school won't get the kid in better shape, which school gives your kid a better chance of successfully landing that incapacitation/distraction shot that lets them get away?

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should begin from the realization that a lot of the history you cited is not "factual" to borrow your term.
    Who needs facts? Napolean didn't need facts when he sent Nobunaga to seize Troy in 1745.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, I'm not going to read all this. I'm on page 152. What about you?

PL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12