Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Seeker of Knowledge

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 4:52am

supporting member
     Style: Chen Style Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Powers within member disproving Qi/Chi/Ki...???

http://thepowerswithin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1063

Hi there all... I have been participating in this thread from pwi and it looks to me like he is trashing hypnotism but that the arguements he is using could also negate their belief in Qi etc... is that the case... many opinions welcome...
    "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
    People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
    Affirm Strength
    Hold Resolve
    Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 5:34am

Style: KickBoxing, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy has a remarkable misunderstanding of hypnotism. Seeming to believe tacky stage shows are the start and finnish of it.

I used to go and see a Hypnotherapist. He practiced Tai Chi, had a PHD in behavioural sciences amongst several other top end achedemic acheivements.

He beleived he could heal through channeling energies in the human body. He once showed me the transferal of energy (Chi?) by placing a hand near mine and I could definatly feel something happening. Could have been a trick. I wasnt acting and don't beleive or not beleive in it. I am open minded.

He taught me how to meditate for relaxation and health benefits. In fact meditation and self-hypnosis are exactly the same thing.

Although I have no experience of it. He beleived in chi and explained that the visualisation techniques used to focus energies to certain parts of the body are exactly the same techniques used in hypnotherapy to have people visualize and focus their energy in what they want to overcome or acheive.

He told me that for my kickboxing I should focus my energies to the point just below my chest. This area is related to power, force and determination.. Or something like that! :biggrin:

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 5:48am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your name is synonymous with "big dick" and you let a nut put you to sleep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 6:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People have the idea that hypnotism is some weird thing where some guy "puts you to sleep". Nah, at most you are very relaxed, still fully aware of everything that is going on. It's just a way of helping a person focus on a particular thing and making sure that the suggestions the hypnotist makes are understood by the sub-conscious mind.

Maybe you should check it out. You obviously have issues with yourself jumping in with a bitchy comment trying to incite an argument like you did.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 6:04am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either way, he's sedating you and having his way with you.

Maybe you should check it out. You obviously have issues with yourself jumping in with a bitchy comment trying to incite an argument like you did.
    Why is everyone on the internet offering their psychiatric advice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 6:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN

Why is everyone on the internet offering their psychiatric advice?

People may think your a little strange. I do and I don't even know you.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 9:11am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hypnosis is, effectively, all about creating an expectation in the mind of the subject so the subject will fullfill it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make an absolute statement. Legitimate medical uses for hypnosis begin and end with helping people to ignore a pain that can't be treated. That is it. Any type of regression therapy is simply the hypnotist expecting to hear something and implanting that expectation in the subject until the subject believed it happened.

Hypnosis is, however, a remarkably effective way to get people to believe **** that they would say is stupid while in a rational state.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hypnosis is nothing more than suggestion. Nothing mystical or hard to swallow about the power of suggestion on the mind.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 11:45am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa
    Hypnosis is, however, a remarkably effective way to get people to believe **** that they would say is stupid while in a rational state.

ATA Tae Kwon Do is a useful martial art...

Zzzzzzzzzzzz....er, huh?

-daGorilla

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_jonson

He beleived he could heal through channeling energies in the human body. He once showed me the transferal of energy (Chi?) by placing a hand near mine and I could definatly feel something happening. Could have been a trick. I wasnt acting and don't beleive or not beleive in it. I am open minded.

If you hover your hand close to anything at all you will probably "feel" something. Your brain is expecting it to touch AND you are thinking about it. So think about it. Heat is also energy... Which you feel... When near someone...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast