Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 10:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The article is typical of someone with an agenda remember if you ask enough doctors eventually you get the answer you want.

One of the Basic techniques in Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) is the headbutt. I have fought myself ( ring nickname was White Rhino due to the number of fights won by headbutt) watched live a ton of fights and have a couple hundred of hours on tape and have never seen a fighter go down from his own haedbutt.

It's like anyother technique if you do it right you wont hurt your self.

Hoch is supposed to be into bladework does he have any idea how many people go to the emergency room every year from their own blades or get shot with their own gun. How many people hurt themselves hitting something?

The article is just spupid

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 11:48am

Style: Filipino Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlap
    One of the Basic techniques in Lethwei (Burmese Boxing) is the headbutt. I have fought myself ( ring nickname was White Rhino due to the number of fights won by headbutt) watched live a ton of fights and have a couple hundred of hours on tape and have never seen a fighter go down from his own haedbutt.
    Cool the headbutt is one of the 9 weapons. Where did you do Bando? I did it for about 6 months in 2000 in Athens, OH.

Quote Originally Posted by dunlap
    The article is just spupid
    Based on support with facts I'll have to agree.

-Brian

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to really expand on my earlier comments.

Headbutts are many times the BEST fight opener for in-your-face aggression. And forget about that 'using it to break a grip', not as a primary weapon crap. Hell no. Headbutt city all day baby. I will use it as often and as many times as neccessary from whatever position is availible.

Remember Mark Coleman in the early fights? OMG brutality.

BJJ enemy #1 = GNP with headbutts allowed.

You don't really need to practice them per se, but you definately should think about using them whenever possible.

The last 'fist fight' I had was at a movie theatre and I opened with a headbutt. It was smooth sailing after that. He reaches back to punch, I try to deflect as I run in with the headbutt. BAM - fight is ON! I bet that guy still remembers that ass whooping with involuntary twitches and flashbacks of me busting his tooth out with that headbutt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 5:37pm

Style: Xinyi Liuhe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Headbutts are great... one of the 'specialities' of my stuff, incidentally... :)
    You have to know when to use them though, of course.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 6:26pm

Style: Judo, a tiny bit of bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yrkoon is correct. So long as Coleman had headbutts, he was a total monster. Taking headbutts away made fighting big wrestlers like Coleman and Kerr much less scary.

I can think of one time it backfired on someone though, didnt Vanderlai Silva in one of his early fights keep throwing headbutts from the bottom, until he split his head open really bad and they had to stop it?

Probably the best headbutt ever in a mma fight was the in one of the early brazilian VT events, the really bloody ones. One guy winds up and drops a headbut from on top of the other, right to his chest, and shattered his sternum! It was extremely brutal.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234