Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 7:05pm

Style: Muay Thai + Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Schools in SoCal...

Sorry, not sure where to put this so I'll stick it here and see if a mod moves it. Anyways, I'm going away to college at the end of August, and will be moving down to Camarillo, Ca. I want to try and continue training if I can, and was wondering if anyone knew schools down there. area code is 93012 if that helps.

Anyways, I'll be close to Ventura, Santa Barbara, and L.A. but I would like to avoid L.A. if at all possible. Just in case that helps anyone further.

I'd would like to find a good Muay Thai gym, as that's what I'm currently taking right now along with Pankration, but since I know I'll never be able to find a gym that teaches both, I'd rather continue Muay Thai as I like it more. I am open to any and all suggestions though, from grappling to internal arts. So anything you guys got would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: FLAMING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'M SORRY SIR, EVEN BEFORE MY RENDERING OF THE COAST INTO TOAST THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOLS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. ESPECIALLY NOT MMA. AND ESPECILAVALLY NOT BJJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 8:11pm

Style: Muay Thai + Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HEY YOU'RE A DAY LATE FOR CAPS LOCK FRIDAY, BUT LETS TYPE ALL IN CAPS AND LOOK LIKE FAGS ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO, SINCE THERE ARE NO SCHOOLS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, THAT MUST MEAN THERE AREN'T ANY LOCATIONS YOU CAN GIVE ME THAT WOULD BE CLOSE TO WHERE I'M GOING TO BE RIGHT?

So, now that thats out of the way...

Obviously there are schools in southern California, good schools too. But guess what? I don't really give a **** about Chuck Liddel having a school in San Louis Obispo, because thats a two hour drive, nor do I care about schools in San Diego, cause that's also far away. I'm not asking for Everyschool in SoCal, I'm not asking if there are schools in Socal. I'm asking if there are any good ones close to Camarillo that teach MT, and by close I mean 45 minutes away or less.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yellow pages?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 1:07pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool you and I are going to be neighbors. Yeah I know all the schools in the area, it's where I grew up. I'll be back with suggestions.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 1:29pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could come over and train with me. I have two people in your area that do that but it's a drive. You could train with the Flores Bros who are Kenpo Karate but they train kickboxers and do BJJ. There is a Paragon school that does BJJ in your area who have the top two rated no gi grapplers in the country (we cross train with them), I have a friend that has an open group in the area. There's a moron in Hueneme I'd steer clear of. You can ask DngRuss on that. DngRuss has a school there too but I don't think it's what you're looking for ask him. If you move to the area and you have any questions about schools give me a buzz.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: FLAMING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LET'S TRY AN EXPERIMENT THEN. CLOSE YOUR EYES AND TAKE TEN STEPS FORWARD. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE NOW IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS:

http://www.thetwister.tv/10PJJ.htm
    http://www.bjj.org/academies/#CA
    http://www.google.com/Top/Sports/Mar...es/California/

...OR AT LEAST THE SMOLDERING RUINS OF WHAT ONCE WAS A GREAT SCHOOL BEFORE I, LAVATORR, KING OF THE MAG-MEN, IRON-FISTED RULER OF MY CONSERVATIVE TALKSHOW (89.9 FM, 10:30-12 MON, WED, SAT), LEVELED IT WITH A TSUNAMI OF LIQUID FLAME. SUCH ARE THE GENOCIDAL TENDENCIES OF LAVATORR; THEIR LACK OF PROVOCATION WITHOUT EQUAL!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 1:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LAVATORR
    LET'S TRY AN EXPERIMENT THEN. CLOSE YOUR EYES AND TAKE TEN STEPS FORWARD. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE NOW IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS:

http://www.thetwister.tv/10PJJ.htm
    http://www.bjj.org/academies/#CA
    http://www.google.com/Top/Sports/Mar...es/California/

...OR AT LEAST THE SMOLDERING RUINS OF WHAT ONCE WAS A GREAT SCHOOL BEFORE I, LAVATORR, KING OF THE MAG-MEN, IRON-FISTED RULER OF MY CONSERVATIVE TALKSHOW (89.9 FM, 10:30-12 MON, WED, SAT), LEVELED IT WITH A TSUNAMI OF LIQUID FLAME. SUCH ARE THE GENOCIDAL TENDENCIES OF LAVATORR; THEIR LACK OF PROVOCATION WITHOUT EQUAL!

Yes, out of the mouth of the ignorant and stupid. :read:

Yay, you can use google, now STFU and let those people with actual experiance talk.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 7:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's for a short time period.Would you be interested in a Karate style?These are the locations of Kyokushin schools in SoCal.If you are no interested in a TMA,don't worry it's not.They are very good and they take their Cardio and sparring very seriously.

http://www.kyokushinla.com/contact.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 7:06pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Omega. There are a few schools in the area, and a few to steer clear of. Feel free to contact me through my website or call. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

I do HKD/TKD (combat- not Olympic), and may not be what you are looking for. But, I would be more then happy to give you a few referrals.

And, is it me, but why is noone eating this Lavatory... oops... Lavatorr up for brekfast?

STFU noob... don't piss off the old men... and welcome to bullshido.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast