Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 3:17am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There will be strikes allowed in Yoshida vs Royce, so HA! Royce by round kick to the head KO!!!!!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 3:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you serious. When and where will this fight be taking place? i have been out of the loop for awhile and I have lost contact with the fighting news.

Royce has not fought in quite a while. But this is a fake striking match. There are no strikes on the ground and no strikes to the head. Just to the body. So how bad will he get beaten? What do you think?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 3:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can find this information on Royce's website. It goes into further deatails.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 5:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's gonna be SO good to see Royce fight again! I don't think he's gonna KO the guy though. He wants to prove a GJJ point to make his pops proud. He'll use strikes to set up a sub... just like the good ol' days!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am still leaning towards Yoshida. I like Royce but he will be the underdog in the fight. Like Tyson trying to comeback to his glory, he have much more competition then he used to.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 8:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do have to agree with you. I am a Gracie person myself but I feel that Royce is trying to make a comeback when he shouldn't be. he should just go ahead and do what he has been doing for the past year or so. Teaching others his trade. Even though I feel that he may lose I still have a great respect for the man that brought JJ to so many people out there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 9:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I vote for Armbar!

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 9:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royce is going to spank him now. BEFORE Yoshida had a good chance because Judo and Jiu Jitsu are a similar game. Royce has WAY more experience in NHB and in striking from an advantageous position. If Royce gets Mount or Side Control hes going to smack Yoshida silly.

I hope Royce plays this like a man and DOESNT strike at all. THAT would prove a point.

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 10:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree Peedee! Yoshida's lack of MMA experience will proabably be his downfall! Literally!!!

Edited by - Triangle on August 14 2002 10:41:23

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/14/2002 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyways,

Many think that Yoshida is going to just a stepping stone for Royce to regain is glory. I don't think that will be that easy. The main problem I see for Yoshida is that he will play Olympic Judo, going for the Ippon to win the match, if that is the case then he is obviously toast. But if he plays like a Kodokan judoka likes to then Royce will have one hell of a fight on his hands. Yoshida's technique is crisp and he has been more active than Royce, I don't think Royce has been really active in his art excpet primarly teaching if I am wrong please correct me. And to set one thing straight, there ARE strikes in Kodokan Judo. They are not used for competition but they are in the Kodokan Cirriculum.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast