Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silatyogi
    You are welcomed to come train with me and my group. I would be more than glad to share with you . Any goo
    d Silat system will have defenses and tactics andd strategies to deal with more than one perosn. Its designed for that.
    I was hoping you could just post some video instead, since my first result when searching for "Silat takedowns" is this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3GiWZWIdfis
    Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 6/19/2007 4:19pm at .

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 4:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    I've seen video of people handling multiple opponents on t3h str33t with Boxing and Hung Gar on video so far. All links posted to if not hosted on Bullshido, one of them involving more than 4 opponents.

Special advice for Silat Yogi:-

PROTIP1: Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ etc.. aren't all about being tense. In fact being tense all the time massively inhibits good striking technique and is one of the reasons old-school boxing coaches used to be against weight-lifting.

PROTIP2: Skill can overcome strength but all skill works better when applied by a stronger, faster, better conditioned body. 'Skill can overcome strength' is never a good reason not to get in shape. 'I'm lazy', 'I just love partying too much' and 'mmmm.. cheeseburger' are all much more credible and honest reasons.
    Correct there is no substitute for good training.
    and to stay relax and earn to use relaxation & Tension correctly.But you watch UFC most of the guys there are "Tense" wit hthe exception of a few.

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 4:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct there is no substitute for good training.
    and to stay relax and earn to use relaxation & Tension correctly.But you watch UFC most of the guys there are "Tense" wit hthe exception of a few.
    Who are these "few"? It might give us a better idea of what you're getting at.

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 4:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Who are these "few"? It might give us a better idea of what you're getting at.

I am not an expert on ufc I maybe watch it once or twice a year if its on for free on TV. I like what I have seen from Shamrocks , Lidell, Silva, belford, Gracies move very well my favorite in fact is Hickson he has a very good idea of relaxation and its uses in combat.

Genius

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do silat stuff because it looks cool. I haven't ever really made it work sparring though. The claim that it works better against multiple opponents might have merit, if you do silat with knives and sticks against unarmed people. However, it's no better than Muay Thai or BJJ as far as unarmed vs multiple people.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 5:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not an expert on ufc I maybe watch it once or twice a year if its on for free on TV. I like what I have seen from Shamrocks , Lidell, Silva, belford, Gracies move very well my favorite in fact is Hickson he has a very good idea of relaxation and its uses in combat.
    You've just named a few of the world's most popular fighters with vastly different fighting styles. It sounds to me like your statement about UFC fighters being tense isn't very well-researched. Complete bullshit, even.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how the glorified Theosophists in Silat and the Bujinkan take thunderously obvious concepts like "you should keep constant forward pressure", "you shouldn't be tense while grappling" and "you should move out of the way of strikes" and expect us to eat them out in congratulations and gratitude.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 5:41pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are welcomed to come train with me and my group. I would be more than glad to share with you . Any good Silat system will have defenses and tactics and strategies to deal with more than one person. It's designed for that.
    Could you post us a link? I am sure we can find someone in your area that would take you up on the offer.

The Silat solution to multiple opponents that I have seen so far involved weaponry. It was fairly convincing - against unarmed attackers. Though that rendered the techniques into training for a felony.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 10:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am in miami fl I train at 8pm mon & wed night @ Pine Crest Park just google it.

anyone is welcomed to come train and share and learn. Class is $15 for 2 hours. We are a small group no pads no mats just god old earth and concrete. Just email me or send me a PM to let me know you are coming over.

Peace
    Santiago

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 10:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    You've just named a few of the world's most popular fighters with vastly different fighting styles. It sounds to me like your statement about UFC fighters being tense isn't very well-researched. Complete bullshit, even.
    I named the ones That I enjoyed watching.
    Last edited by Silatyogi; 6/19/2007 10:55pm at .
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast