Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 9:40am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I then sparred one of his students who fought pretty much the same as the Sifu minus the snappy front kicks. They have a sideways stance, which is nice for getting kicked in the thigh. He took about 5 or 6 good kicks before he gave up. He actually injured his ankle while we were sparring and had some pretty massive swelling. He was pretty pissed and kept saying how he will see me soon. He will se me on Monday in fact if he is in place. I donít know if he was mad more about the injury or buy taking so much damage from a 5í7Ē 155lb guy.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 9:58am

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did you come to spar him, darkson? Do you know him or just wanted to check out a local WC place? Perhaps one of these days you can drop by our school so I can better determine the quality of our instructors. I've seen them fight a few guys from different arts, but never MT.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 10:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had heard about the place years ago and I have meet a few of his students around town. I sparred one of his students (cannibis) at a the Jax throwdown and another one of his former students did JKD at my gym.

I heard that they had a pretty open sparring policy there and went to go and play.

I would love to come by and spar if it is cool with your school. You are out by the beach right?
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 10:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSON
    I had heard about the place years ago and I have meet a few of his students around town. I sparred one of his students (cannibis) at a the Jax throwdown and another one of his former students did JKD at my gym.

I heard that they had a pretty open sparring policy there and went to go and play.

I would love to come by and spar if it is cool with your school. You are out by the beach right?
    Yeah. We are on Atlantic at the Beaches. The address is 1573 Atlantic Blvd. We're in a plaza located across the street from a Pier 1 (I think...drawing a blank).

The guys who actually know what they are doing (i.e. not me) seem to be pretty open about sparring for the most part. I'm not sure how something like this would be handled, though, as I'm still new to whole MA thing. How do you normally approach this with a school? Something like, "Just wanted to check you guys out."? The only time I've seen someone from another school not allowed to spar was due to the guy's beligerence. He had already sparred two of our guys losing both times, but wanted to return for a third try. Only problem was he was approaching it from a "I know your school is crap and I can beat anyone you have." attitude instead of just wanting to do some friendly sparring. Hope that made sense.

We have classes Tuesday and Thursday nights and Saturday mornings. Tuesday and Thursday we have a beginner class at 6pm and intermediate at 7pm. Saturday the classes are 9am and 10am respectively.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 10:54am

Style: Hashashin.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    Well, thatís a tad more mythological than intellectual, but I suppose it gets the point across

Of course

So does

'BJJ 4 t3h w1n'

The wonderful thing about modern communications technology is that despite, or in spite, of the fact that we're so readily able to communicate, rarely do any of us have anything to say.

Take this entire thread for example

Also search for 'all posts by Camus'
    Or, 'all books by Camus.'

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 10:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have a time designated for sparring? Ask your instructor if he minds me comming by for some MMA sparring. Striking and groundfighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 11:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We usually spend the last 30-40 minutes of the second class sparring. I'll try to pull him aside tomorrow.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 11:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im out that way all the time. My daughters have Judo at Gentle Way on Mayport.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 11:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds good. I'll PM you after I talk to him and pass along my cell number.

BTW, I plan to eventually start taking some BJJ lessons from your place. Gotta wait until we get our cars paid off first (probably around March), but its in the works at least.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 12:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678