7/13/2005 3:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Tsun anti-grapple

Didn't find this in the search:

http://www.brooklynwt.com/Never%20Wr...20Wrestler.htm

Lot's of good stuff on secrets of the Wing Tsun/Tzun anti-grapple.

Look at this:

In conclusion, let me quote the introductory words of Emin Boztepe during his anti-ground fighting seminar held on October 1995:

"As the 4th and last distance, anti-ground fighting is absolutely the least important aspect of Wing Tzun. In approx. 300 real fights, I have not once been obliged to fight on the ground."
    300 "real fights" and never going to the ground (and he's still in one piece)? Didn't he go to the ground at least in the video of the fight with Cheung (http://www.noholdsbarred.tv/cheung-boztepe.WMV). What ahout these other 299 fights?
    Last edited by katana; 7/13/2005 4:10am at .

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 5:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah. The flow like water video. That was a pretty smooth take down and some slick horizontal chi-sau.

This was written by Keith Kenspecht by the way, not Emin. He is the head of the EWTO and is big and strong. He posses unnatural strength so you can bet his WT works most of the time.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 5:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To judge its worth, don't take Kenspecht as the example, take his average student. Remember, before a grapper can grapple you, they must first get past your chain punches.... bbbwbwbwwwwwwahahahahaaaa
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 5:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or perhaps my latest book, "Chain punching to daylight: How I started wearing a dress".

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 7:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A top level MA can pretty much make anything work, so you must compare apples with apples and oranged with oranges.

In other words, youmust comapare a Top Level WT guy, like kenspecht, with a top level grappler like, lets say, an olympic class judoka, or a Top Level MMA like Couture.

Or we compare a average WT student with an average BJJ student.

No other comparison is valid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 8:50am

Style: WSL Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As the 4th and last distance, anti-ground fighting is absolutely the least important aspect of Wing Tzun. In approx. 300 real fights, I have not once been obliged to fight on the ground.
    What a load of ****. If a so called high ranking WT instructor can get away with being such a deluded asshole we've got a pretty good idea of what to expect from the WT community in general.

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 9:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    Or we compare a average WT student with an average BJJ student.
    I think that would be, as Phrost put it once, like comparing dog poo and apples.

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 9:10am

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shhh you guys are going to piss off "Kieth the strangler".
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to my chargrin, i read that entire antigrappling article unable to unglue my eyes from that ridiculous ****. What a bucket of gay.

And yes weighing 100kgs and being able to bench 200kgs means you can kick a lot of ass...etc. I don't see what this has to do with WT antigrappling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:27am

Style: wing chun, bcmaa san shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that article high-lights something that many wing chun people never seem to comprehend.
    most, if not all of the people teaching wing chun with some sort of grappling aspect has had prior experience in styles that deal with grappling, be it judo, jujutsu or in this case wrestling.
    simply bolting on grappling aspects to a style and then saying that it is going to be anything near as good as the original is stupid. i don't care that the guy who teaches you wing chun+grappling can do amazing things; that's probably because he has x years of experience in doing it.
    he isn't doing the wing chun+grappling that you are learning, he is doing wing chun and grappling as two separate things which he has experience in.

personally, i've never really understood the saying 'never wrestle a wrestler'.
    i would've thought that the best way to beat someone who wrestles is to be a better wrestler than them. i mean, if you don't learn to wrestle, you'll never really know what they do or what it feels like having them things done to you. if you don't learn to wrestle then at best you are only making assumptions about what it is they do and we all know what they about assumptions.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast