218358 Bullies, 938 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell is this? This makes me mad. Koreans are generally lazy, I know - I am one. Normally in a ceremony like this, someone gets a new belt (handed to) everyone drinks a shitload of soju, and someone gets their ass kicked. That's how Korean's work. None of this fancy schmancy tea drinking candle lighting bullshit. This is like the ceremony in Bloodsport where Van Damme and his azn friend went off in dresses into the woods for a Gay Scouts of America camping trip and they swapped phallic objects.

Leave it to Americans and the ATA to take something as sacred as the Soju ridden ass whupping ceremony and turn it into a birthday party complete with presents and candles and FASTING?? WTF? Yes lets fast to the Eternal Supreme Major Commander Grandmaster of all that is good and holy, the ATA! RISE CHILDREN OF ATA AND BECOME ONE WITH MEDIOCRITY!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 1:40pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    Even a blind squirrel will eventually find a few nuts.
    Damn... that's good. I'm gonna use that one.

There is an ATA School near us and I have heard the whole "high standards" bullshit from their students before. There is also aother TKD school from the ITA (not the pellagrini ITA, the Intl. TKD Alliance) that is, IMHO, as bad or worse.

Isn't it comforting to know that ATA isn't alone out there in the world? They actually hae friends they can sit with, have a drink, and compare their suckitude.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    What the hell is this? This makes me mad. Koreans are generally lazy, I know - I am one. Normally in a ceremony like this, someone gets a new belt (handed to) everyone drinks a shitload of soju, and someone gets their ass kicked.......Leave it to Americans and the ATA to take something as sacred as the Soju ridden ass whupping ceremony and turn it into a birthday party complete with presents and candles and FASTING?? WTF?

Funny you should mention the soju thing. After I received my 2nd dan I went to Korea and my wife's uncle, who is a 2nd generation BB under the Jidokwan, took me out to celebrate with some soju....and yes he did show me old school techniques which made new brusies on muscles I never knew existed.

I say we do the Soju cermony. If you can drink a whole bottle by yourself and run your highest form, then you receive your rank. Sounds fair to me. :headbang:
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 2:08pm

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny you should mention the soju thing. After I received my 2nd dan I went to Korea and my wife's uncle, who is a 2nd generation BB under the Jidokwan, took me out to celebrate with some soju....and yes he did show me old school techniques which made new brusies on muscles I never knew existed.

I say we do the Soju cermony. If you can drink a whole bottle by yourself and run your highest form, then you receive your rank. Sounds fair to me. :headbang:
    Soju, one step short or anti-freeze.

My father was the fire chief at Osan in 1998-1999. He got called by base police one night to come pick up a firefighter in the lock up at 3 am. They had picked him running around the base naked with a chicken super-glued to his head. When asked why he did it all he had was, "We started drinking Soju, and I don't remember anythign after that."
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 2:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like my kind of drink! :thumbsup: That and absinthe are definitely on my list for the near future...

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 3:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter H.
    Soju, one step short or anti-freeze.

My father was the fire chief at Osan in 1998-1999. He got called by base police one night to come pick up a firefighter in the lock up at 3 am. They had picked him running around the base naked with a chicken super-glued to his head. When asked why he did it all he had was, "We started drinking Soju, and I don't remember anythign after that."
    There is a t-shirt that they used to sell by the army base in Seoul. It had a picture of Bill the Cat from Bloom County comics, and it read "The soju expierence..the party is over".

It is like a sweet vodka. You sip and sip and then out of nowhere the world begins to speed up its rotation.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 3:55pm

Style: MACP Level 1 +1 Mana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soju is only like 22% alcohol....how is it so damn devestating? My work sells it....tastes...alright.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 4:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SARS_Attacks
    Soju is only like 22% alcohol....how is it so damn devestating? My work sells it....tastes...alright.
    Mostly because everyone shoots it. Plus which soju do you sell? There are different types. I don't recall off hand but I believe the soju they sell in Korea and the stuff that they export to us has a different potency. Again, I am not sure.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 4:12pm

Style: MACP Level 1 +1 Mana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mostly because everyone shoots it. Plus which soju do you sell? There are different types. I don't recall off hand but I believe the soju they sell in Korea and the stuff that they export to us has a different potency. Again, I am not sure.
    I forget what its called, but its in a green bottle and has an image of a bamboo stalk and i think a frog on it. My boss sells a lot of Korean wines. Bek Se Ju and Sansuchan being the other 2.

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 4:15pm

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a t-shirt that they used to sell by the army base in Seoul. It had a picture of Bill the Cat from Bloom County comics, and it read "The soju expierence..the party is over".

It is like a sweet vodka. You sip and sip and then out of nowhere the world begins to speed up its rotation.

Mine says" The Soju Experience...Party in Korea" around Bill the Cat. My girlfriend sleeps in it right now. Somewhere I have an empty Soju bottle being used as a candleabra and the box it came in is holding pictures.

My understanding is there is little regulation and no quality control on most Soju, so you could be getting anything from cough syrup to pure grain alcohol.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast