Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 12:20pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atafan30
    Hey! STOP hijacking my thread! I don't care about your dog!

What's wrong wtih ATA? I work hard to get where Im at. I wasnt in the video because I'm not a certified instructor yet. I'm just a certified trainer.

What do you guys get when you make instructor? ATA has the highest standards in the world so I expect some jealous replies.
    What seems to be wrong with ATA is......................EVERYTHING!
    My schools instructors test is 5 hours long. during those five hours everything is reviwed from white belt to black. 5 -6 ROUNDS OF FULL CONTACT SPARRING. 4 rounds of grappling.

What ATA did in that vid was the worst display taekwondo i have ever seen.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 12:25pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. Got fucked around because I was a woman and because I was white. If I fought a Korean girl in a tourny, she would always win. ALWAYS. She could not land a kick, not a single shot would even come close to being a point, all the points would be called to ME and she'd win.

Boys were given multiple attempts to break boards at testing, if I didn't get it the first time, fail.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 12:42pm

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That wasn't the actual test, just some ceremony.
    The form they performed was Songahm 1, the first form taught to ATA/WTTU/STF students.
    #2 from the left has had 2 years to learn that form..

I'm sure there are some people somewhere in the ATA who are skilled and know what they are doing, but the more I think of my time with them and read about them the more convinced I get that they are an organization of extraordinary suckitude.
  4. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 years and she a dreaded black belt.
    Must not mean much...

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 12:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sheesh, at least when I was still doing it, it took 5 years to be a black belt.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atafan30
    Hey! STOP hijacking my thread! I don't care about your dog!
    Well I do. It is pretty and more useful than a collar around a dobok.

What's wrong wtih ATA? I work hard to get where Im at. I wasnt in the video because I'm not a certified instructor yet. I'm just a certified trainer.
    I have no doubts that you worked hard to earn the money you needed to pay for where you are at.

I recently got scolded at our school because of a comment I made to an ATA instructor. He came over to take lessons from us, in order to learn how to teach better kata at his school (strike 1). He began the same rant of the high standards of ATA and how they had to work hard for their black belts and take the 1 or 2 hour test for his 4th dan (strike 2) and then rambled off about Supreme Grandmaster Lee and the 2000 year old history of TKD to me (strike 3). My rebuttal "You do realize that I am not only not impressed by you or your system, but thoroughly believe that ATA is the butt end of the TKD family and once you have chosen an art which is the joke of the TKD community, you have pretty much screwed yourself"....hence my scolding from my instructor for not being tactful.

What do you guys get when you make instructor?
    Self respect and the respect of others. I know...I know...there really isn't any monetary value for that, but hey, I will just have to live with it.

ATA has the highest standards in the world so I expect some jealous replies.
    Riiiiiight. That is why Mike Chat took a quick 30 minute test and had to run one form, which he screwed up, and was given a 4th dan without any prior knowledge in the ATA...because of their high standards. I guess their standards are soooo high that they are too humbled to actually compete against other NON-ATA schools so not to disgrace them publicly. Tell me your address so I can send you a dollar so that you can buy a clue.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 1:16pm

Style: BJJ-MT-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you think that you could have edited that boring piece of crap? Also, in the future it would be nice to see some martial arts on a martial arts site, unless of course you are trying to expose a McDojo, because all that I saw was a bunch of synchronized dancers trying to buy another degree to their already store bought black belts. Look, not all TMAs suck, but it seems to me that stuff like this is the reason that bullshido exists. Martial arts should be martial and have to do with effective fighting technique. I think that it would be better off if you studied ballroom dancing, at least that way you would have a better chance of picking up chicks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 1:19pm

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the fact that the original poster has yet to come back after merely posting 2 posts lends credit to the whole troll theory.

And just becuase no one has said it yet:

Miguksaram has fucking pwned you atafan

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 1:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It also might have something to do with the ass-raping he got in like the first 20 posts.
    Last edited by JKDChick; 7/13/2005 1:23pm at .
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGALEF
    I'm sure there are some people somewhere in the ATA who are skilled and know what they are doing
    Even a blind squirrel will eventually find a few nuts.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast