Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    Let me get this straight...
    To be a certified instructor for the ATA, you need:
    1. to be able to drink tea.
    2. to be able to light a candle.
    3. to be able to fold your clothes.
    4. to have an inner ear infection.
    Sounds weak in the dojo, but on the street, watch out!

You try to fight the guy, but he'd spill tea on you and then offer to fold your laundry. Then he'd light a candle and mention his inner ear infections. You'd be 100% convinced he's insane and walk away slowly. BAM! ATA wins!
  2. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For any of you that haven't wasted you time watching this yet, let me save you the trouble.
    Go straight to the 3 minute mark to see their black belt skills on display. Pay extra attention to candidate #2. Then go to 4:05 to see candidate #2 almost fall over by doing the deadly and difficult act of bowing. Last but not least, go 33:00 to see candidate #2 show how difficult it is to get dressed as the ceremony grinds to a halt as the others have to wait for her.

DON'T WATCH THE WHOLE THING THINKING THAT SOMETHING IS BOUND TO HAPPEN. It doesn't, my points listed above are it, that's all.

I normally don't like bust on people's styles, it your thing, do what you wanna do. BUT, if this is an example of what an ATA black belt instructor is, maybe they deserve it.

I don't think this was a test, because there was no way candidate #2 would have passed. I think this was just a ceremony for promotions that were happening regardless of performance.

Wait...they did just test clothes folding and candle lighting. Even I could pass that test and I've never trained in TKD.

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:20am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    You kick a dog and I'll never speak to you again.
    Kick humans, they deserve it.
    Damn straight. There are no bad dogs. Just bad people.

If you're too dense to read into that, kick yourself, because you're a dumbass. :)

-daGorilla

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I can say watching that movie is how jealous I am of their Dojang. You could fit my school in there and 4 other copy's.

We train like maniacs compared with these people and we are stuck with our small closet of a Dojo.

I don't think that was a belt passage per say. I think it was just a ceremony to give the coveted Black Belt.

Man that narrator just kept going and going.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many people here will wager how long it took these people get their Instructor's certification.

I would bet maximum 48 months. No more then that.
  6. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Certified Instructors Ceremony!!!!

That is what it was! They are all Certified Instructors. :confused2

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That didn't look like a belt passage.I looked more like a ceremony with family present.In Taekwondo they have a lot of Breakage i noticed.

And there wasn't a pine board anywhere in site.

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:45am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    Certified Instructors Ceremony!!!!

That is what it was! They are all Certified Instructors. :confused2
    Maybe I'm just jaded -- and that may be true for many of the posters at this site in the "over twenty years" training club... but that one form shown in the video looked like the same robot-fu crap so typical of McDojo TKD.

On the one hand, my knee-jerk reaction is to deride crappy ATA McDojo TKD. On the other hand, I still realize that, for Martial Newbies, getting their black belt or "instructors" certification along with a ceremony is a pretty big deal.

I guess I'll say this: you are still a child in martial arts. You've achieved a black belt, but it's time to grow up. I'd recommend training in another style -- either something very traditional (iaido, kyokushin karate, kyudo, or something similarly grounded in true budo, just as an example), or something very fighting-effective (jiu-jitsu, judo, boxing, kick-boxing, etc.)

Note that "traditional" and "fighting effective" aren't mutually exclusive by any means. But in my experience, ATA TKD is neither. Now that you have some fundamentals, it's time to grow up.

Congratulations, btw.

-daGorilla

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 10:49am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ATA is one of the worst rip-off joints in the world. I was stripped of my black belt when I refused to pay them the $1000 fee. They nailed my brother (yes, my brother is a 5th degree black belt in TKD, we all have our shames) for something like $30 000 dollars in testing fees. Dumbfuck PAID it, too.

Plus, the organization is fanatically racist, horribly organized and just plain evil. I call them the Korean Mafia.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 11:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    Plus, the organization is fanatically racist, horribly organized and just plain evil. I call them the Korean Mafia.
    I'm troubled by this.What do you mean racists.Have you been a victim of racism in ATA?Or is this the typical Japanse Gaijin .I'm used to that.
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast