Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 3:44pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel
    Must be a new trend to reel in more students.
    Actually if that was the case, I think they would have picked something a little less funky ;p.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 3:48pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still waiting for the reply from JKD CHICK regarding at least the STATE or PROVINCE in which her brother owns an ATA/WTTU school. If she prefers not to comment on it, then so be it.

The camo belt - I have to admit, it took some getting used to. The old system was WHITE - YELLOW - GREEN - BLUE - RED, but with steps in between them (yellow belt, yellow with green stripe, etc). The ATA simply took the colored piece of tape and substituted it with an actual belt. I would have suggested a different green though.

MEGALEF - the nationally certified grappling instructor pertains to the ATA course. In addition to that, I have been training in that arena (non-ATA) since 1996 and it remains a passion of mine. Nothing like getting on the mat and trying to impose my will on someone else. I try to go to any seminars in the area but admit I haven't been for a couple of years.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 3:52pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonchez
    Still waiting for the reply from JKD CHICK regarding at least the STATE or PROVINCE in which her brother owns an ATA/WTTU school. If she prefers not to comment on it, then so be it.
    Are you mentally defective or something?

Did the first 5 times I said that not register?
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 3:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really, she is too soft-spoken for my tastes. She needs to stop holding it in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awww come on... at tell me if he teaches in the NW. What do you have to lose?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 4:13pm

Style: ATA TKD, Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGALEF
    My former instructor told me, when I asked about ATA-members competing outside ATA, that there is one guy who kicks a lot of ass in WTF-style tournaments but still isn't allowed on the US national team. Do you know anything about this?
    Haven't heard about that, the person that made the Olympic alternate is from a dojang in Colorado. He's a 5th degree black belt named Jody Horn, I believe.

As far as the National team, it doesn't matter how much ass you kick at WTF events, if you don't do well at the qualifying events you don't make the team. Other than that, I couldn't say.

Aodhan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonchez
    Awww come on... at tell me if he teaches in the NW. What do you have to lose?

What does that have to do with anything? Her brother is not part of the conversation.

Sounds more like you are trying to find her or get at her through her brother. Try sticking to the discussion at hand.

*gees I only post like once a year and I wasted on this - lol

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 6:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, Gonchez! Go **** yourself.I'm getting mighty tired seeing you trying to push JKDChick.I now what you are trying to do.So shut the **** up.Get the hell out of here and go back to your stupid ATAforum.

JDKChick don't tell him anything.Dc has had a lot of courage being here.But atleast we have seen her.We know her now.No one knows who this little maggot is.He is deffinetely trying to get your brothers name to do a number on him.'JKDChick don't give him anymore information to anyone.I mean it.There is something about this guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 7:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ask because she made it part of the conversation. If her brother is in the ATA/WTTU and a 5th degree, I most assuredly know him and would be friends with him. However, it is her unwillingness to tell me if he owns a school in the NW. I am not asking for his identity, I am merely asking his general location.

The fact of the matter is there is ONE 5th degree in Canada and he is in his mid 30s. There is ONE caucasian 5th Degree in Washington and that is me. There are only two 5th degrees in Oregon and none of them match the description either (25 years older than JKD CHICK and a glorified babysitter). There is another who just tested for his 5th degree but I don't think that washes either. The point is she brought it up and when I ask her about it, she clams up.

And you do know of me and have seen me as I was the one on the other side of the table in the ceremony video.

Deal with it or don't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2005 7:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I have nothing against anyone on this board. Nor would I waste my time. I am not trying to 'get at anyone' or 'do a number on anyone.' I respect JKD CHICK's views and opinions as much as I do anyone's.

She brought it up, therefore it is indeed part of the conversation.