Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 4:21pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Entertainment at it's finest

There is a hilarious war of words going on at Wikipedia between AK/Whoever and his detractors. The guy is either a con artist of the highest calibre or a space cadet or a little of both. Here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ashida_Kim/archive1

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 5:04pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That whole fucking thing makes me want to wash my fucking hands of wikipedia, seriously.

Until Ashida and phil came along, I didn't really realize how much self promoting crap there is on wikipedia.

As a concept it is something I beleive in strongly, but this whole thing is messing with my perception of it's implementation.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 5:38pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's no doubt. Radford's act is tough to pin down. He mixes insults and nonsense rambling to avoid having to state facts of any sort. I'd like to see someone pin him down on exactly who has taught him and what rank they gave him. He claims so many styles, surely we could find at least one or two former teachers and get statements fromt them. The best way to deal with people like this seems to be to stick to one point and ignore everything they say to derail the issue until they start listing some names...
    I suspect if he was finally forced to name names, we would find that he was never given any rank even close to "master" level...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 6:30pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That whole fucking thing makes me want to wash my fucking hands of wikipedia, seriously.
    They did not do too bad describing bullshido:

Coined by Neal "Phrost" Fletcher, the founder and site director for the Bullshido.com website, the bilingual play on words reflects an assertion by some of the martial arts community that there are those who train to learn how to fight, those who train to pretend they know how to fight, and those who claim that they can learn how to fight on the street without ever having fought in the dojo.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshido

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 6:38pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thta's because we wrote it.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you follow the argument with Radford Davis/Ashida Kim, he dosen't address the damning points that are being brought up against him. I don't think he's really succeeding at all in any way on that page.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 2:39am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache

Until Ashida and phil came along, I didn't really realize how much self promoting crap there is on wikipedia.

As a concept it is something I beleive in strongly, but this whole thing is messing with my perception of it's implementation.
    You forgot Chuck Greer.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 4:02am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does Hatsumi say about kim?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 9:04am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gave the mods over there credit for allowing the spirited debate. AK/RD wanted a write up on himself that was basically an advertisement. I've really always wondered how much of his own crap he believes and how much he knows is total BS. When he backed out of the Osirus/Anthony fight I knew deep down he knew he couldn't fight, but does he really believe he has these 'ninja powers'?

Ronin, I've noticed he never answers a question directly when he is cornered or busted. The BB he got caught selling was funny, first he didn't do it, then it was no ones business, then it was others do it, then it was not really a BB, then it was why is everyone picking on me. The guy is a con man, but I wonder if he believes ANY of it himself.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    7/13/2005 6:52pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    What does Hatsumi say about kim?
    I've never read a quote from Soke about Kim, though he's very... Japanese... about the whole matter of fakes and frauds. In most cases, he doesn't even expel a bad teacher from the Bujinkan because he believes karma will catch up to them eventually. I hear he has made some exceptions for exceptionally bad teachers, but for the most part Hatsumi-sensei couldn't give a rat's ass what other people claim to do with or about ninjutsu. When Americans (who are fond of dojo and systems politics) bring stuff up like this, he usually tells them to shut up and train.

For the most part, he jokes and laughs about the ninja portrayal in mass media.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast