Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 3:29am

Style: Martial Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jun Fan people, Check this out

http://www.trymcma.com/pages/Classes/junfan.htm

I know a lot of people around here don't like trapping in general, but I've personally found it to be useful, but not when done like this. Without continous forward pressure, I've found it to be just a game of patty cake. This guy seems to have no pressure on his partner.

It's important to note that the school in the vid has a number of different instructors and is kind of a catch all in the local martial arts community. In the past I have trained with several of the students in various arts from the school and their skills range, but I've not heard of this instructor until today. I hope to be able to sit in on a class in the near furture and check out how he teaches, but this video gives me little hope. What do you Jun Fan guys think?
    Last edited by en1gma523; 7/11/2005 12:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 8:06am

Style: Aikido, Boxing, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I note that there is a BJJ option on that page.
  3. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 9:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know of the school but have never been there, yet. Most of the Jun Fan Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Silat, CSW, and BJJ instructors are closely affiliated with my instructors. I have no reason to believe that any of them are not "quality" instructors. I have witnessed the Rob Lee when he visited my school a couple of months ago but I didn't get to train with him. As far as I am concerned, anyone affiliated with Inosanto is worth giving a chance.

As for the clip, I'm not sure why it was picked but it is just a drill. (Pak sao da, outside swinging gate, Pak sao da)

I am currently getting info on that school for my sister-in-law, who would like to continue her muay thai training when she goes to IU this year.

If any one follows female mma, you may have heard of Julie Kedzie. She trains there.
    http://www.juliekedzie.com/bio.html

I didn't know that it was originally a TKD school. That is a new one to me.