Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 7:53am

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See the silly thing about hikuta (one of them anyways), is that it's supposed to have survived from ancient egypt. Knowledge of the fucking heiroglyphic alphabet didn't even survive! Why do people seem to think older = better in the martial arts?

defender of kings lol
    :laughing4

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 10:31am

Style: Street Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hikuta Wars

Hi Peeps!

Like a few days ago I went decided to "shake the trees and see what falls out" on the net boards looking for Hikuta input- and got banned from most of them.

GO FIGURE!

I always thot the idea behing this "information super highway" was a better interchange of ideas- which won't be happening if certain trains of thought and research is squashed.

Anyways- I' m getting to busy to follow most of them anyway so anyone wants please feel free to e mail me:

dangergurll@hotmail.com

Me and Hikuta:

I'm a personal instructor for fitness and self defense ( and I make LOTS of money- since I also took the trouble tolearn how to market my skills, which would be the subject of another rousing discussion )- so I try to keep up with any new developments in both fields.

I have VIEWED all the available info I can find on Hikuta :

DOK Lee's materials

AL Abidin's materisal

ALL Jack Savage's materials- BlackHeart Warrior AND Temple Guard

BUT!! I haven't trained much from them yet- I found when I made the move to instructor it is difficult to train in things other than what you teach -but once again that can be the subject for another discussion.

My replys to some of the other posts:

I'm the former admin of the Charles Atlas forum that is mentioned above there.

> WOW Hi Sweetie! Your board used to ROCK! e mail me the URL please!>

I didn't ENDORSE it persey. As a system, there is no doubt Hikuta is flawed. It's multiple attacker defenses are suspect, there is no valid weapons disarms. No grappling.

< If all you have is Mr. Abidin's DVDs then all you really have is an intro- it is not even as detailed as DOK Lee's, not even close. Mr. Savage's offerings are -if anything-overkill as far as info and techniques go. He covers weapons defense and ground fighting as well as stand up grappling in TempleGuard- tho it looks a lot like BJJ and catch wrestling.>

There is a "quick and easy self-defense" video which has basic Japanese Jiu-Jitsu techniques on it. I was not impressed to say the least.

<I thot it was pretty clear that the grappling techniques of Hikuta are Jui Jitsu? >

The one thing that I did like though, was the Hikuta Hand or Fist. It was remarkably fast and powerful and did not hurt my hand at all like some claim.

Al Abidin is a great guy though. He is very nice and he knows what is going on. I found his material to be of a good quality and he is very sincere. I think he knows more and practices a lot of stuff that isn't on the tapes.

Jack Savage is a buffoon. I would never spend a dime on his stuff.

< Here is where you and me will differ greatly- I've seen your posts for many years and you seem like the kind of guy who is more into personalities than performance. As a professional instructor I feel it my duyt to give my clients THE BEST info possible - it doesn't matter if the sourse happens to be an azzhole or not.

Al is more likeable than Jack - I agree. Tho I do like the fact that Jack will stand up and fight for his beliefs- wheras Al has a tendacy to back down and Warren just plain out runs. >

Originally Posted by TheProfessor
    I was one of the ones who ordered Hikuta back in '93.

It was so bad, I xeroxed pictures from the book to post on my college dorm door for laughs.

<So you have potentially good info- but make fun of it without even gining it a fair trial?? How many ways can you spell idiot?? If you find the DOK Lee book/vid- you can sell it for around $100 to $200 on e bay. You can copy it before selling so you can still sit around and mock it with your fellow stupid drinking buddies it thats what gets you off! >

Since you're interested, here's another one -- when you punch with the "Hikuta Fist," you have to hit yourself in the chest with the other hand!

< Did you even read it without being high? It is almost the same technique taught by bare knuckles boxers in the early 1900s : as you strike with one hand the other covers your centerline to protect it , DAAA!!>

See the silly thing about hikuta (one of them anyways), is that it's supposed to have survived from ancient egypt. Knowledge of the fucking heiroglyphic alphabet didn't even survive! Why do people seem to think

< You should watch the history channel on occasion instead of jacking off-scholars have been able to read ancient Egyptian for hundreds of years! >

Thats it for now peeps!! Have a good one!

Kisses!!

DeenaC

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 11:03am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would take that large income from personal training (giggle) and invest in some english classes or persuassive speaking classes. Your posts are painful to read because they remind me of trying to compose a letter after clubbing for 10 hours on 3 hits of E. Nowhere in your randomly constructed post did you come close to making a point. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Note: many personal trainers are like strippers in that they lie about the amount of money that they make. For every 10 personal trainers (or strippers) that claim they make bank, only about 2 actually do.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 11:30am

Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, Dangergurll is just trying to have an intelligent conversation about Hikuta. Can that happen here without trolling or flaming? If you don't like the thread, go post somewhere else. I followed her post fine.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Hikuta for 14-year old girls to defend themselves against guys they meeting through Livejournal? It kind of sounds that way.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 11:32am

Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    afronaut, what an insightful and necessary post.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    7/12/2005 11:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Egyptian MA survive.

Thread locked.

(Make me a Mod)
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast