Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2005 3:13pm

Style: Street Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jack Savage's stripper girlfriend starts an Hikuta War (*pics*)

HIKUTA WARS

The story thus far:

According to sources, on a Johnny Carson show in the 60s has a middle age man in a wheelchair claiming to know a obscure fighting art called Hikuta.

He does some pretty amazing demos -way beyond what HEALTHY Asian martial artists can do at the time.
    But is this really Hikuta? Or perhaps some advanced form of Kung Fu?

A man called DOK LEE publishes a book/video in 1993- and gets an immediate following. Unfortunately, DOK Lee SUCKS at marketing and there are no follow ups and Hikuta sinks again into obscurity.

DOK Lee dies in 2000 - leaving only a handful of instructors , who -like their leader- are clueless as to how to market a fighting system to the public.

In 2002 Jack Savage burts upon the scene in a two fisted fashion- promoting Hikuta to the high heavens. For his troubles, he is universally condemned, banned, threatened ( even with death threats ), and just generally talked bad about by most in the martial arts community.

Jack Savage's training partner and fellow Hikuta instructor- Warren Shultzenburger- flees the scene in fear. " Too hot, must leave oven " he thinks . Cursing the day he ever hooked up with the apparently fearless-and overly loud- Jack Savage.

Al Abidin ( Jack Savage's instructor ) upon the urging of the many that are kicking and screaming in the martial arts community, contacts Jack Savage to tone ot down a bit. Abidin also redoes his web site to make it more "politically correct" .

Hikuta is in full retreat! How long until total collapse??

Undaunted, Jack Savage refuses to JUST SHUT THE HELL UP and sinks thousands of dollars a year into marketing training. Now with actual skills for the new fighting arena the tide turns rather rapidly -with the help of some amazing conversions:

Amazing conversion #1 - Phil Elmore sends a tape of DOK Lee's Hikuta to a writer friend ( Raymond Brennan ) so he can better slam Hikuta in his articles.

Brennan decides to first actually train from Hikuta ( who would have suspected that a writer would do such a thing!! )for a short while in order to better slam it in his articles.

The article appears: http://www.dolfzine.com/page659.htm

But to everyone's shock and dismay he ENDORSES it rather than slam it!!

A "Hikuta War " erupts at Dolfzine- with rebutal articles, rebuttals to rebuttals- but it is all cut short when Dolzine goes under due to the untimely deaths of its editors.

Conversion #2 :

The owner of the old Charles Atlas Board, after slamming Hikuta for some time, does some Hikuta training ( ordering from Al Abidin- Jack Savage's instructor) and reluctantly admits it is of value.

Conversion #3

The owner of Animal Ability Board trains from Jack Savage's courses- and give it a thumbs up!

My recent post on Hikuta:

Hikuta - universally hated by Martial Arts instructors and their cronies ( as was Bruce Tegner, Bruce Lee, and almost everyone else who tried to take the "mumbo jumbo" out of traditional martial arts and actually make it street effective-GO FIGURE!!) Think of western boxing's power punches conbined with REAL OLD Savate low kicking and a bunch of street wise stuff . Lets not forget the oddest and most unuaual "speed and Power " drills that you'd ever want to see!

Is there a verdict?

Nope not yet!

But, as of this writing Jack Savage's Hikuta ( Abidin is still in hiding and Shulztenburger running his azz off somewhere ) is on a "Alexander the Great stramrolling over the Persians " type offensive.

Tho if you check the stats on Jack Savage's site ( Alexa.com) you see his clicks growing in leaps and bounds- soon he may rival Furey ( his marketing trainer ) and Pavel.

Will the tide turn once again?????

Stay tuned for the next spine tingling chapter in Hikuta Wars - the Search for Truth!!!

kisses all!!

Deena C

PS:

Animal Ability Site = http://pub17.ezboard.com/banimalability

Jack Savage Hikuta = http://www.hikuta.net

Al Abidin Hikuta site = http://www.hikuta.com

Plus there are a few lesser known sites.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2005 3:23pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, agenda. How are you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2005 3:29pm

Style: SBG MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was one of the ones who ordered Hikuta back in '93.

It was so bad, I xeroxed pictures from the book to post on my college dorm door for laughs.

At one point "DOK Lee" (The "DOK" stands for "Defender of Kings." No, really, that's what he said) says, "You want your fist to conform to the other man's face."

I could go on, but there's really no reason to, is there?

TheProfessor

P.S. You picked a really bad messageboard -- possibly the worst -- to advertise this product. And mentioning Matt Furey and Phil Elmore alongside him just sank your ship.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/10/2005 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like Brennan was hired to write an advertisement for them.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Posted On:
    7/10/2005 9:54pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessor
    I was one of the ones who ordered Hikuta back in '93.

It was so bad, I xeroxed pictures from the book to post on my college dorm door for laughs.

At one point "DOK Lee" (The "DOK" stands for "Defender of Kings." No, really, that's what he said) says, "You want your fist to conform to the other man's face."

I could go on, but there's really no reason to, is there?

TheProfessor

P.S. You picked a really bad messageboard -- possibly the worst -- to advertise this product. And mentioning Matt Furey and Phil Elmore alongside him just sank your ship.
    Please share all the details with us. It might embarrass the flack profoundly. Plus I am interested.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    7/10/2005 10:50pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hikuta means High Kuta?! Like 'high' abbreviated as 'hi'?! AW SNAP.

Seriously, you picked the wrong place to advertise this.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 12:18am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG, Phil thinks this system is BS as well, we might all finally agree on something!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 7:06pm

Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm the former admin of the Charles Atlas forum that is mentioned above there.

I didn't ENDORSE it persey. As a system, there is no doubt Hikuta is flawed. It's multiple attacker defenses are suspect, there is no valid weapons disarms. No grappling.

There is a "quick and easy self-defense" video which has basic Japanese Jiu-Jitsu techniques on it. I was not impressed to say the least.

The one thing that I did like though, was the Hikuta Hand or Fist. It was remarkably fast and powerful and did not hurt my hand at all like some claim.

Al Abidin is a great guy though. He is very nice and he knows what is going on. I found his material to be of a good quality and he is very sincere. I think he knows more and practices a lot of stuff that isn't on the tapes.

Jack Savage is a buffoon. I would never spend a dime on his stuff.

I've never even heard of that Tonight Show appearence thing before. Weird.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 11:39pm

Style: SBG MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since you're interested, here's another one -- when you punch with the "Hikuta Fist," you have to hit yourself in the chest with the other hand!

I need to dig that book and video out. It was timeless comedy.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 11:42pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, kinda like gorillafisting?
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast